Surprised no one from central Florida is talking about this yet. Local radio station 104...

Surprised no one from central Florida is talking about this yet. Local radio station 104.1 is doing their annual Kicks for Guns drive. Which is like an amnesty event where you drop off a gun for a gift card or shoes with no questions asked by the law enforcement staff. It seemed innocent enough like a place for felons or if you 'found' a gun you could drop it off. But the hosts for the past few hours have been also saying if you know someone with drug/alcohol problems or does not seem fit to own a gun to go take their gun and turn it in. Every time someone has called in saying that you can't tell someone to take someone elses gun the caller gets yelled at and called stupid. Do you think they should be telling people to take someones gun like that? This is their little announcement about the event and FAQ.

realradio.iheart.com/features/kicks-for-guns-1142/

Pretty sure that is theft of a firearm.

That's what I thought but when I called in to ask if someone takes your legally registered gun without your permission and turns it in, how can you get it back? I was told they weren't answering anymore questions like this and was hung up on. It would be real easy if you have someone that hates guns and has access to your house like say a girlfriend or parent to just snatch it and turn it in. Especially with the hosts saying to take others guns if you think they shouldn't have them.

I'm from Orlando and listen to 104.1

The monsters in the morning is shit, used to be redneck funny, now it's just the bumblefuck host and a bunch of spics.

The best part of that show used to be Tom Vann and Daniel Dennis, they quit and have a kickass podcast that is a million times better than the monsters ever were.

The only show worth tunning in to is the mid day show, and that's only because they've got Sabrina Ambra.

Terrestrial radio is dead, and nobody listens to the monsters any more.

(Cont)
And yes, theft of a firearm is an automatic felony. Hosts are not very intelligent.

>me someone has called in sa
Please tell them to come to my house and try and take my guns

One other thing, firearms aren't registered in Florida.

Can I go to Home Depot and make a bunch of zip guns to turn in?

FLORIDA YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't encouraging people to commit a felony illegal?

>Encourage stealing from people who have firearms
Sounds like a smart move.

Yes please do this. Also they'll take busted ass bb guns and shit. Spam them with dumb crap.

From Orlando too. The early days of The Monsters was good. I listened back in 97-99. Savannah and Bubba were the funniest to me, also Jeff Howell.
Now it's complete shit. Saw Dirty Jim at a store a few weeks ago , he acts arrogant as fuck and thinks he's Howard Stern

No. Complicity has to be specific for it to be a crime. First amendment and all that.

Now if they said "Joe Blow, you should take grannie's shotgun without her permission and have it disposed of" then you have a case.

I know at least one """buyback""" wouldn't take homemade guns if they didn't have serial numbers.

Seems simple enough to get around, grab a hammer and screwdriver and make firearm 1, 11, 111, 1111....

why would anyone turn in their firearm?

makes no sense. fucking idiots. i must imagine that most of these guns are just stolen by niggers and spics that want drug money.

Liberals & sjw faggots fall for this shit.

I'm ok with this

They are telling their listeners to steal guns.
Sounds specific enough to me.

It's primarily a left-wing hugbox thing to run on the news so they can feel like they're doing something.

For the more practically minded, it's a great way to come out ahead if you have some old beater guns worth less than what they're offering.

Encouragin people to steal a firearm is conspiracy to commit a felony. Contact your local authorities.

Nobody is ever prosecuted for that though. It's usually taken as a lesser crime that a defendant pleads guilty to.

For example, my university gives career help, counseling, legal services and scholarships to illegals (spent $200,000+ on a center for them). But aiding/abetting/conspiracy to give an illegal a job is a felony, up to 5 years in prison.

People will get away with it.

Isn't calling for others to commit a felony similarly a felony?

If you're not in control of your firearms you deserve to have them taken away.

how much of a gift card do you get for a gun?

5$ gift certificate to your local walmart

Fifty bucks

What? That's fucking shit, aint worth the bullets in it, you could get at least 500 if you took it at a 7/11, you even get to keep the gun

That's when you call the FBI and ATF to report the gun stolen and the person who stole it
They get charged with a felony, you get your gun back, its a win win

Its to get antique guns out of the hands of retarded old grandmas so their children won't inherit their parent's firearms

some dumb shits are probably going to jail over this. lol.

Someone fucking do this now

1776 will commence again!

What a bunch of fucking retards. Don't these radio stations have a lawyer to advise them on shit like this?

Snitches get stitches.

It's not all bad, here in Broward the Sheriff's Office has a kids gun safety class.

They tried this in Washington state I believe. A bunch of people showed up and offered cash money for the guns. It was a resounding success... or failure... depending on who you ask.

Gee this sound awfully familiar.

Someone should inform /k/ about this.

Dat sweet DC-9...

>A bunch of people showed up and offered cash money for the guns.
I've always wanted to try that, but I never see any of these buyback things happening anywhere near where I live.

>Every time someone has called in saying that you can't tell someone to take someone elses gun the caller gets yelled at and called stupid.
post phone number so i can call and ask why they're encouraging felony theft of a firearm

>tfw no gun buybacks where i live
>tfw youll never make hundreds with a few pieces of pipe and a couple hours in the garage
>tfw youll never sit outside and offer people like 50 dollars for easily restorable guns

Post phone number I'll call and tell them that I called the police because they accepted my stolen firearm and fenced it from my nephew.

lmao i can't wait.

This is true, but they will take them ifthey have engraved numbers or "model numbers"

this program is for blacks. not white people. law abiding white people are not allowed to turn in their guns this way.

Call the ATF
rip their doggos

Tried it with a fuckload of 12 gauge slamfire pipeguns. They didnt want to pay for them and got pissed when I wouldn't surrender them.

It's mostly stolen guns and cases like pic related.

104.1 is full of leftists. Hell, the News Junkie is slightly centrist and sticks out like a sore thumb. Fuck em.