So, what is /co opinion on Nameless ?

so, what is /co opinion on Nameless ?

bump

'Morrison needs to cheer the fuck up'.

/thread

>Everyone Goes Insane And Fucking Dies In A Horrible Way: The Space Odyssey
Christ, Grant. Cat died again?

You mean they all died in the mansion when Nameless murdered them and then he made some mental hallucination of a space mission and them dying violently.

Its a meme comic favoured by reddit

Made me uncomfortable. The first comic I had to stop reading because it was so fucked up on so many levels. I stopped at issue 4. I'd love to read the rest but I know I'll have to prepare for it.

>Jesus Christ how horrifying

The usage of color made me physically uneasy quite a few times.

Babbys first circular comic.

I knew as soon as I saw the Mansion he was going to do a "IS THE SPACE REAL OR THE MANSION REAL" stupidity.

Shut up bitch, you didn't know shit.

2deep4me

Seriously, it was just too dense, some of the things it did were amazing, the layouts, and generally the plot was very interesting but some of the stuff just went over my head.

Read the first issue or two and thought it was edgy garbage, complete with Morrison's drug-addled nonsense dialogue/ exposition.

My head hurts.

Wish there was a scan of the GN because that's got concept art and design notes.

Does it have a follow-up story/series? Or are those 6 issues all it has?

Just those 6.

>meme comic favoured by reddit
How do you know?

I'm pretty disappointed in this thread. It's a great horror comic and it's also one of the best recent Morrison mindfucks.

Lovecraftian themed comic recommendations, anyone?

OP here.

thanks guys, I will try to read the collected edition this month...

fucking shit i gotta read it again,

The Squidder is a good one

Would have been excellent minus the meta unreality bullshit. So much cosmic horror potential squandered.
Considered making an edited version leaving out a lot of pages to make it just that, I really hope it becomes a movie that does the same.

The King In Yellow

Providence

Elder-gods tier

I've got to re-read it.

Reading Grant Morrison is (almost) always tough to understand with 3-6 weeks in-between chapters.

Regardless of that, I enjoyed parts.

Morrison really needs an editor strong enough to give him a clip around the ear whenever he starts drifting into self-indulgence. He had that at Vertigo, and that's still the period of his best work.

When it's done well the reality warping amplifies the cosmic horror instead of detracting from it. I think it was done pretty well in Nameless.

You can try Alan Moore's The Courtyard.
Witch Doctor also has a bit of lovecraftian feel to it not to mention its pretty good.

Morrison makes yet another comic where he references obscure esoteric events and religions and the plot is impossible to understand?

I love it

It was excellent. Seriously terrifying and disorienting.

Not terribly similar but Ellis' Injection is unique in its way and really good. Team of scientists, mystics, hackers etc fighting a sentient techno virus that makes ghosts and monsters.

See: Klaus
Heavy Metal

How would you like a story about Cthulus bandworms?
Check out Witch doctor