Why doesn't Batman just etc. etc

Has the Joker ever been reformed? No "I was just pretending!" twist at the end, like genuinely become a good person for more than an issue?
He's the go-to example of why the no-kill rule doesn't work, and one of the biggest arguments for the no-kill rule is eliminating the chance of rehabilitation. Has anyone ever put 2 and 2 together and tackled that angle?
Or is Scott Snyder's preconditional Forest Gump shit the closest we've got?

>Has the Joker ever been reformed? No "I was just pretending!" twist at the end, like genuinely become a good person for more than an issue?
Yes, they just finished up an arc like that recently I think.

Why doesn't ANYBODY ELSE kill the Joker?

Why doesn't the government execute him for terrorism?

Why isn't he murdered in containment? Why is there not a single revenge-minded security guard at Arkham willing to stage an "accident"?

Why should it be Batman's, and only his, responsibility to kill the Joker?

A few continuities ago, he got plastic surgery and attempted to become a heterosexual normalfag once when he (mistakenly) believed he had killed Batman. However, he basically had the same problem as Black Manta; immediately upon hearing (or, seeing in a newspaper) that his nemesis was alive again, even against his now-functioning conscience, he relapsed straight back into the status quo again and never looked back.

His insanity is more or less totally dependent on their mutual existence. He'd never take Batman up on his possibility of reforming, unless Batman would cease to exist along with him.

>Why should it be Batman's, and only his, responsibility to kill the Joker?

Because he keeps involving himself in the Joker despite that being against the law in the first place.

>he tried to be straight and normal but he just couldn't resist the batcock
really makes you think

How about this.
After the newest shit the Joker pulled two police officers had enough and killed him on spot. Batman, a few moments too late, beats the crap out of at least of of them so hard that he accidently dies. Doesn't matter if batman wanted it but now the whole city and I mean the whole City is after his ass because everyone (rightly) thinks Batman only let people like Joker live so he could do his hero thing.
Thus began a citywide man hunt where every citizen had finally enough and does whatever ha can to catch Batman on sight.

Sounds like Sup Forums.

So what you're saying is that Batman and Joker should just get married and retire?

That's not me talking, that's just canon.

Thats the preconditional forest gump shit OP was talking about.

or they could commit joint suicide. that's romantic

Somebody post the shitty webcomic

I'd buy it

Wow. Until you posted this I managed to completely block out that comic.

I even had fucking shitters on Facebook post that and talk about what a great interpretation it was.

So they need a divorce?

how about he kills batman and hen takes up his mantle

There's a book called Batman: Going Sane. In it, the Joker thinks that he's killed Batman, when in reality he just injured him really badly and Batman disappears to recuperate for a month or so.

In this time period, the "Joker" personality goes away, and he gets an apartment and a job and a girlfriend.

Batman should probably build his own prison

>there will never be a story where Joker decides he's exhausted the comedic potential of villainy and becomes a hero to get new material

Why doesn't Batman kill the Joker?
I'll tell you exactly why not. Ready?

BECAUSE IF BATMAN KILLS THE JOKER, DC WON'T BE ABLE TO TELL BATMAN VS JOKER STORIES ANYMORE!

Jesus Christ people, are you all this dense? You don't kill off characters than you can use again and again ad infinitum.

Somebody at early DC ad the right idea to add the panel at the end of the first Joker story to show he was still alive. Because they could use him again later.

>Batman converts the Bat Cave into a love dungeon once he realizes most of his villains could be reformed if they could only vent their sexual frustrations

What do you think is on SUB-level 7?

Kidnapped orphans.

Anti-superman shit.

Not reading the whole thread but there was an amazing Batman story called Going Sane. In it the Joker thought Batman dead and Bruce was in a coma. Joker started to slowly turn normal and got his life together. It ended up bad for all Gotham cuz when Bruce woke he had to put the pointy ears back on and it snapped the Joker again. Great story and highly recommend. I regret never buying the trade and I haven't seen it in a store since 07 or 08