Why is katana showing up in shit now all of a sudden...

Why is katana showing up in shit now all of a sudden? She really isn't a major player in the comics by any stretch of the imagination.

Is it just because she has a vagina, isn't white, and they can stick her in the background?

S U I C I D E S Q U A D

M
O
V
I
E P U S H

Gee why would they use a hot Asian woman to push a movie aimed at geeks?

Like she is in the DC super girls thing to and showed up in the green arrow show

Asians are fast becoming the next "help help I'm being oppressed" minority in America. Its amusing to see some 500+ upvoted comment saying something along the lines of "White people can't be attracted to Asians, they just want their exotic beauty to show off to their friends"

Why not? Better than reinventing Hawkman as a disabled transfemme deminegro.

Because she used to be married and had a baby or miss carage or something and either way is no longer pure

It's the movie push, simple as that. She's now in a movie that millions of people will see soon, so it's obvious that she'll appear in other media

>mfw white girls get offended when I find Asian girls attractive.

Why do they get upset about that shit but not when I find a Latina attractive?

Ever since the Iron Fist thing I've noticed that

This might be the first time that a real-life portrayal of a canon-not-fat-or-ugly comic book female has looked better than the comic book version. And holy fuck by what a margin.

>why is DC trying to push characters other than Batman????

As a white guy dating a Korean, they're kind of right. I certainly don't find white girls attractive for their features because they're all basically mutts. And the lack of representation is true seeing that they have the lowest population in America and are either expected to be soft spoken, staying with their own kind, or just a dirty China man selling "authentic" cuisine.

>Asians are fast becoming the next "help help I'm being oppressed" minority in America
Which is retarded. Asians have a much higher quality of living than even White Americans have. What they call White Priviledge should be Asian Priviledge.

Would you rather they race change somebody into an Asian woman? People that hate race swaps say "use your own characters." They start to push their own characters and retards get mad that they're being used as background characters. I much rather they push Katana over turning a more well known character into (X race) and woman.

You could argue they're underrepresented in movies or athletics or whatever. It just proves this notion of racial quotas are fucking pointless. Not to mention the idea of asian american as some sort of common group is silly. They don't even have common mother tongue like hispanics, no common historical or cultural definition like african americans, and it's just grouping a group together based on appearance.

>Guy dating a girl

Stop thinking with your dick user

kek, I remember when set photos were released and some people on Sup Forums were saying the arrow costume looked better.

She's gotta find out who killed her dad.

Cause she has a good design this time

is because the popularity of JAVs nowadays. it will obviously attract people.

It's literally a character named after an Asian sword who is wearing not 1 but 2 Japanese flags on herself and is just a massive fucking stereotype of being a Jap with Muh honoru

Name an Asian character in either of the big 2 who isn't a massive stereotype and isn't named jubilee

>Asians have a much higher quality of living
No they don't, unless your talking about Asians in America

Amadeus Cho?

I was

Really? Because I thought the racial importance ranking of minorities in American media was 1)Jewish 2)Black 3) Brunette 4)Asian 5)Ambiguosly Brown 6)Latino 7)Indian 8)Middle Eastern 9)South Asian......99)Native American

Or did hyping up black people as the only minorities in the world become passé?

>Which is retarded. Asians have a much higher quality of living than even White Americans have
This is by far the most ignorant statement I hear all the fucking time when it comes to social issues

Who cares if they're a fucking stereotype? People want represenstation, I mean fuck they killed Bruce Banner and Cho is now his permanent replacement (lol). People can identify with characters despite being stereotypes. You think Japanese Americans care that Katanas a stereotype, they, like everyone else go "ah yes the motherland and it's inhabitants are great"

>Muh Asian super genius

Amadeus Cho is the most stereotypical Asian American
>dude math genius lmao

That's just butthurt white women. It's their version of the blacked meme

Duh! All this DIVERSITY™ crap began in America after all.

>all of a sudden
It's not all of a sudden tho. She's been slowly raising in popularity ever since she appeared in the brave and bold cartoon.

Yea just because they have more money, better education, and everyone wants to fuck Asian girls means they are oppressed

There are literally thousands of Asians moving into US and Canada every week. I live in the south and there are multiple local asian language TV and radio stations. This was completely unheard of only a few years ago but the demographics are changing very rapidly. All influence in media is dictated by money. If there are enough Asians with enough money then media will be made to appeal to them.

Asian-Americans, who whine about said representation, are mad about it, yes.
Actual Asians get all the representation they can stand in their own entertainment.

Well, America is basically a country full of immigrants. What do you expect?
Canada & plenty of other places are the same way, they just aren't as relevant in the world.

>Why is katana showing up in shit now all of a sudden?

Asian Americans don't consume American comics though. They read animes. That's why they tried making a jubilee animes book in like 2004 and why when they failed she got m dayed

My only problem with Katana is her name. Can't they call her Shinigami or something?

Wicked.
Miss Marvel (inb4 someone says being Muslim is a stereotype)

Also the real reason she's showing up a lot more is because Brave and the Bold plus she's a middle-of-the-road character they can always just sorta drop it.

Like Chesire.

>They read animes
Manga nerd

>You think Japanese Americans care that Katanas a stereotype, they, like everyone else go "ah yes the motherland and it's inhabitants are great"
Don't you know, user? Every time a Pea-Ow-See doesn't dream of the extermination of white people, it's because of Internalized Racism and cis-oppresion. Us Liberals know better than them!

It's a nation full of German immigrants. For most of American history we were like English speaking Germans

>implying anyone likes or cares about Asians west of China

>a character named after an asian sword
I hate the name too but it is an asian swordswoman so it's not like they're gonna name her rapier.
>no one but two Japanese flags
Captain America
>massive stereotype with muh honoru
Are you implying Japanese have no sense of honor you filthy gaijin?

Because latinas are oppressed while asians are not.

It's like naming a Spanish hero the Mexican word for chainsaw and she wears multiple Mexican flags, is constantly popping out kids, and is really lazy

>a massive fucking stereotype of being a Jap with Muh honoru
A lot of Japanese people are actually still hung up on the whole honor schtick.

Not really, yeah there were a few more Germans than anything but you still had plenty of Irish, italians, black etc.

I'd actually expect someone from Japan to make a manga or anime with an American who calls himself AR-15, they're into that kind of goofiness.

You mean uppotte?

I get the impression they sort of like the western stereotyped image of Japan sometimes.

Beautiful.

They already make americans look pretty bad desu

>only American Superheroes can have flags on their costumes

>the mexican word for chainsaw
>mexican word
>mexican
>Word
You mean Spanish right? And it's motosierra.

> I live in the south and there are multiple local asian language TV and radio stations

I'm interested to know where you're at. We don't seem to have any of those yet despite a sizeable asian populace in my area.

>Motosierra
That's actually a pretty catchy name for a superhero.

>Name an Asian character in either of the big 2 who isn't a massive stereotype and isn't named jubilee

Doctor Light was a pretty good one.

I've always been baffled by Katanas persistence. I guess it might just because there's a very small number of Asian heroes in the DCU (no short of supporting cast though) or maybe just broad weabooism?

I mean, she' never had a good costume. Not even once. And her codename is stupid, like if Thor was named "Hammer" or Green Lantern was named "Power Ring." And her personality, as is such, seems to be about just as on-the-nose and uninteresting as her codename.

But then again, people love Metamorpho too and he's ugly as sin. Black Lightning is the only member of the outsiders who had any fashion sense, dated or not

Asian female connected to Batman that isn't Cassandra Cain, so casual Barbara fans won't be confused.

>spanish hero
>mexican something

The Spanish are, Mexicans are mexicans you dumbfuck,

>if Green Lantern was named "Power Ring"

Say that to his face not online

>Asian
>is a doctor

Diversity

I can't

he's a cartoon

>Mexicans getting mad because no one in the world respects you

Even south Americans think you are dirty as shit. Even Colombians call you drug dealers. Even the president of Guatemala told trump he would help build the wall because he hates Mexico

Yeah but an astrophysicist kind, not the medical kind.

>New 52
>JLA monthly
>Green Arrow monthly
>Arrow
>Suicide Squad movie
>all of a sudden

Well the obvious reason is the movie push but it also may just be DC in general pushing their female characters more. Wonder Woman is still their most well known lady with Harley quickly gaining ground but everyone else is still way below them. Now we have Babs getting pushed hard in comics, Vicen has her own animated show, Supergirl has a show, etc. Katana is a cool Asian lady hero who they haven't done much with so they can basically do whatever with her to boost her popularity. And I doubt it'll stop anytime soon, she'll probably get announced for that new Injustice game and the new JL cartoon as well.

btw why Katana uses the japanese flag? I've never seen that in anime...is...is she one of those right wing nationalists who wants to kill all koreans?

The cosplay pic was clearly a shitpost mayne

Cause it's good iconography.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about and you're just making up your own reality here

She's been pushed for almost 10 years now, Brave and the Bold was the start.

Market segmentation isn't bad, if their research showed that people liked her or wanted an Asian female character in stuff then so be it. (Dr Light is cooler though, but I guess having the same name/costume connected to rape is probably the issue there. Thanks, Identity Crisis.)

I wish Marvel and DC would reconcile, so Sunfire and Katana could go out and have terrifying looking right wing Japanese nationalist babies

>Green Lantern was named "Power Ring."

But Power Ring is a good codename, are you memeing?

And Superman Batman public enemies.

>Asians have a much higher quality of living than even White Americans have.
Do you enjoy spreading lies, or do you think you can just say shit until you think it's true?

Not gonna lie. That's be pretty great.

>name/costume connected to rape
the fuck were they thinking there it wasent even in character
still he showed up in teen titans go dident he i doubt they are worried

>is no longer pure

I think we have some poor Asian fag who is mad that his sister gets mad dicks while no one likes his manlet self

> really isn't a major player in the comics
I guess you could say she is a bit of an Outsider

I think they're trying to move away from it in general now, but at the time they probably made the Katana vs Light choice it was still canon in the main universe and brought up occasionally. Should have just been an Elseworlds from the start tbqh.

I'm not poor. But the idea that all Asians are doctors and lawyers is just fucking bullshit made up so white people can be "See niggers? why can't you be like Asians"

Are you mad cause I called you out on being a retard user? Sorry but there isn't a Mexican word for chainsaw because we don't speak Mexican, we speak Spainish.

Beware the Batman's Katana was actually a refreshing change from stereotypical MUH HONOR kind. She could get serious, but she's the more even-tempered of the two and can come off with jokes often. She spoke with a heavy Japanese accent, but it didn't define her character either. She doesn't give two shits about MUH HONOR and was only using it to break into the League of Assassins to steal their shit. The only reason she's even name Katana is because she was part of a sect that had other assassins named after their weapons (Battleaxe, Dagger, Sai, etc.)

And restaurant owners.

Asians have more cash per capita in the USA than whites people

Shes in injustice 2 too

No you don't. You don't speak with a lisp. You clearly don't speak Spanish because you don't pronounce any of the words correct retard

>But the idea that all Asians are doctors and lawyers is just fucking bullsh
Nobody's ever claimed that.

>mfw I by myself make the median household income of all races at 24 years old

Source?

I'm sorry but are you still trying to act like you know shit?

>no you don't
Uh yeah we do, We speak Spanish, not "Mexican" I don't know why you're arguing this.

Are you trying to act like you speak proper Spanish?

Don't lose your head Pablo

Why do you pronounce every word wrong then?