Al Jean says a second Simpsons movie is being discussed

flickreel.com/the-simpsons-producer-says-a-2nd-movie-is-being-discussed/

Other urls found in this thread:

simpsonsworld.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Speaking of movies based off of Fox shows, why hasn't there been a Family Guy movie? I wouldn't like it, but it seems like it makes sense to do.

Seth's always been firmly behind the idea that the movie has to be the end because it's hard to try and do a movie and do it well while still churning out episodes, and that doing a movie has to be "Something you could never do with the show on TV" so it doesn't just feel like a really long episode like The Simpsons Movie. He claims to have known what it's gonna be for years so maybe it'll be decent if it's an idea that's been floating around since the days when the show was still good.

First one gave us Bart's penis. Second gives us Lisa's vagina?

Will it be too self-aware for it's own good?

>inb4 little brother is now little sister

it took maybe 25 years for a Simpsons movie, I think family guy will be due in about...next year makes 20 years I think so...maybe 2022. This is all off the top of my head, so there are inaccuracies.

Man, the older I grow the more I start to appreciate Seth. Sure he makes shitty films, but he gave me American Dad and the uphill struggle he went through to make sure Family Guy didn't get permantly cancelled is something to commend.

They kind of did but they turned it into several episodes of the show later on

They played up the uncensored thing way too much when there was literally nothing that had to be censored before

At this point, I would rather have a movie be the series finale then just an episode like the first movie was.

Something to note, my best friend is a die-hard Simpsons fan and believes that the show is still the best ever. However, even he thinks that it is time to end the show as some episodes are not as good as others.

We didn't even get a proper Futurama movie.
The ones they did make sucked as too, it really should've just gotten one big budget movie instead of a bunch of straight to DVD shitpiles.

>No American Dad movie
>No proper Futurama movie
>No proper Family Guy movie
>At least we received a South Park movie

I still want a second South Park movie.

It happened user, it was called "ImaginationLand" and "Coon and Friends".

Both of those arcs were originally considered as movies according to Matt and Trey.

I will agree that another "proper" movie would be nice.

It's murder, isn't it?

A murder is the only thing that is going to stop this shit from going on, isn't it?

>it's own good

Beyond the death of one of the voice actors (probably Yeardley Smith as she has some mental issues due to past trauma). The show will continue as FOX makes a lot of revenue from it worldwide.

Last time I looked, the Simpsons make more money in Europe, Japan, and South America than they do in the US.

Rating wise, the show still is in the top 25 non-cable shows.

As much as we dislike the dead horse, FOX will continue to beat on it until it stop making them money.

I just realized that this already happened.

It can't stop. Nothing can stop it.

>permantly

>sucked as too

>Yeardley Smith as she has some mental issues due to past trauma

What happened?

I thought I pushed the s button twice.

Show would probably improve if that dumb bitch would kick the bucket already.
It's impossible to watch commentaries for the good episodes because this cunt keeps popping up in them.

al jean, you son of a bitch

I don't recall the specific details as my best friend who is a die-hard Simpsons fan explained everything. The main issues I do recall are that she had an eating disorder, went through an extremely stalking case, and has suffered from depression throughout her life.

I wouldn't wish death upon anyone, but it would be nice to not have Lisa be such a cunt in episodes or have Yeardley be such a cunt during commentaries. The few I've listen to where she is present make me hate the episodes even more.

Personally I'll stop listening to Simpsons commentaries instantly if a voice actor is even present.
Unless it's Dan.

Groovy.

>The few I've listen

So how are they going to humiliate Bart's character this time? Have a horse mount him or something?

Making him closet brony.

I didn't proofread my post before submitting. No one is perfect.

Fair enough. I tend to do the same thing when I listen to commentaries for shows as the majority of the time the actors have nothing important to add.

I'm referencing the Buffy commentaries on that, as goddamn did the actors hardly add to the discussion of the episode.

And in the case of Simpsons commentary, the vast majority of them never have any idea what they're actually talking about.

I do love how the animators will draw on screen during the commentaries for the Simpsons. That is something I wish other shows would steal as that is a neat concept to explain the animation or other topics that are being discussed.

Boy I can't wait for another shitty spider pig joke that hasn't been funny in years.

Now I need to buy the Simpsons DVDs to check out the commentaries.

simpsonsworld.com/ has the commentaries available. The site is hosted on FXX and allows for a one-hour free preview.

Only a few seasons have the drawing on-screen. I can't remember which one.

>have the drawing on-screen

Post YFW they make it the series finale, so anyone who wants to see how the Simpsons ends has to go see it.

Would be better for everyone else in the world had Family Guy stayed canceled.

Not much to see. Simpsons will probably end with the status quo.

I guess they could skip to the future to show us how things turn out but they've already done tons of future episodes, we already know how things turn out.

The voice actors in the futurama commentaries are great. I remember billy west doing some in character as zoidberg

Well, we we're supposed to get a movie based off the Cleveland Show, but the show got cancelled during development and never saw the light of day