"You're going to pay for everything you've done!"

>"You're going to pay for everything you've done!"

kuvira did nothing wrong

>and then they double team her into submission in a dingey prison cell
Surely, that was the surprise lesbian ending God intended.

bow chicka wow wow

First Post = Best Post

>forgives her shitty son in 10 seconds
>doesn't give a shit about her adopted daughterfu

lmao

>Batar Jr. gets off easy
Yeah, fuck you, suyin, you nepotist bitch.

>Avatar and her enemies shatter centuries rotten monarchy.
>Avatar disappears leaving chaos in the "Earth Kingdom."
>Feel a calling to bring order from the chaos and restore a nation.
>Mother Figure disowns you for getting involved
>Set about picking up all the broken pieces and making them whole again.
>After three years be expected to just hand it all over to the defunct monarchy with a spineless child as it's "king."
And she's supposed to be wrong?

So, they move her to a wooden prison out in the ocean? Like they did the Lava Bender Red Lotus Guy.

>>"You're going to pay for everything you've done!"
Yeah, and your son was just as culpable in the crimes they both committed together too, you cunt.

Fucking hell, how did the writers not see how bad of a person Suyin was?
>Commits crimes as a youth for no reason other than the thrill of it
>Resists arrest and permanently scars her law abiding sister, who was just doing her job
>Gets sent to relatives where she leaves after some time and sails with some pirates
>When the EK goes to shit and they need a leader(She's s Beifong and has been an accomplished leader), she just holes off in her own little world and ignores it
>Her ignoring the problem comes back to bite her in the ass and soon it's her kingdom that gets to be taken over
>Suddenly she gives a shit

Am I missing anything else?

>who was just doing her job

I really can't respect the opinions of a person who uses this as a valid excuse for anything.

Lin was doing her job as a Republic City police officer and Suyin resisted arrest and got her hurt in the process.

sexually. seriously how would anyone pay for crimes that could add up to 1000 years. Why is zaheer in jail, is not regicide punishable by death?
she failed her people by giving up after a half assed speech.also she should have blackmailed the avatar into giving up baatar jr instead of firing on him

once more proving to be a shit person

>And she's supposed to be wrong?
Did not you see the shoulder pads?good guys have to be effeminate pussies with no self determination, everything kind of happens to them and their journey is about dealing with it.

>just as culpable
maybe even more, I mean without him there would be no rail cannon.
>how did the writers not see how bad of a person Suyin was?
she is a hero for the modern age.
it is a valid excuse + would you want your sister robbing shops with some assholes?

Trying to invade Republic City
But that's it.

I seriously think Suyin was supposed to be a villain in a early version of the script, but they changed it last minute but left all the subtext in.

The only thing wrong is that she failed. RC belongs to the earth nation.

they really fucked up with portraying Kuvira as the bad guy. Only negative aspects are that, and those claims of internment camps, which are never shown.

>Why is zaheer in jail, is not regicide punishable by death?

No that's only in the Northern Water Tribe where the judge can sentence you to death, just kidding, life in prison for owning the house that the kidnappers of the chief met in.
Zaheer can ruin your life since childhood and then kill a queen, attempt murder on many many more people and claim it freedom so he'll just then get time in prison.

To be honest, Su is much like Toph: a self-centered uncaring cunt.

Restoring the earth kingdom I would say she was actually doing the right thing, Plus I hate how Suyin tries to assassinate her but is shown as like, the good guy. Plus when her and Korra duel, Korra is about to murder her and nobody in the army tries to stop her, but when she's going to execute Korra a few seconds later the airbenders can't help but save her.

ALSO Im pretty sure Kuvira restored the entire earth kingdom AND almost conquered republic city, without taking a single life. That's fucking amazing, like, how the fuck is that even possible.

>RC belongs to the earth nation.
Aang and Zuko said it doesn't. King Kuei agreed.

Lin was the only good Beifong.

It might have come off as less hypocrital if she didn't rename the country Earth Empire with herself as it's de facto Empress immediately afterwards.

Agreed. I thought I had an fanart about everyone in her life shitting on her for lame reasons but I can't find it.

This. By wanting the RC Kuvira basically stooped to the same level as the Earth Queen.

>pretty sure
>without taking a single life

The same way Aang did it: plot.
Though we see that Kuvira kills people and the threats she makes show she is not above using force to get what she wants.
Korra about to murder her in the Avatar State was a quick and fast thing that got removed since she dropped out of it. Kuvira's was a slow savoring approach with blades.

Also same reason none of the Dai Lee hurled a boulder at Aang as he was powering up in the catacombs under Ba Sing Se but Azula went for the strike.

>King Kuei agreed.
He didn't, actually. He just didn't do anything because he was a weak leader, as people point out.

Traditionally it did, but Aang set it up as a neutral nation. The elements work best when mixed and it leads to more innovation than if the four nations were on there own. And it had been that way for several generations now, she really didn't need it.
I forgot about those. Yeah, it really seemed like they had to villainize her quick so they made those up

Why wouldn't she? SHE had the determination to piece the broken Earth nation back together. SHE was the authority that held it together. SHE was the one that went out and battled the bandits and other shits that were taking advantage of civillians. Why should she hand authority and control over to someone who has never wielded it before and is obviously a buffoon.

In short, SHE made it a nation, why should she not lead it?

>she failed her people by giving up after a half assed speech.also she should have blackmailed the avatar into giving up baatar jr instead of firing on him
That's what i found lame of cartoons. No, of fiction in general. We have this character that has made debatablw action fpr a greater good but have good reasons to go to those extremes and actual well supported valud points. But nooope he's the villain so a little single moment of mental weakness/desperation/whatever is all it needs to invalidate all of its work and pull the reasonable parts of its argument under the rug.

Fine, jail the bastard for its poor treatment of the fellow human but don't just fucking ignore why it did what it did. Nor the real progress it made.

>Meanwhile Junior gets a hug and gets off scot-free

That nepotism, not cool.
Book 4 really made Sujin a shit.

>Aang set it up as a neutral nation
Like he had any right to that.

She bitched out how the time of nobility has ended and that no King or Queen shall every reign again. And then promptly proclaims herself as such.

She was not a king nor a noble. She was a conqueror.

Kings and Queens are given their title by birth. Kuvira claimed her title through determination and strategy.

>In short, SHE made it a nation, why should she not lead it?
Unfortunately for her, might doesn't make right, at least not when there was a legitimate (and quite pathetic) heir to the throne.

What would have happened if Suyin and Kuvira worked together to restore the Earth Kingdom?

The boy king would have been seen by all to be an inept leader (Kuvira is probably smart enough to wreck his credibility and people didn't seem to like him all that much to begin with) If Kuvira played her cards right, she might have been the leader of the EK, or at least been a major part of its leadership.

As soon as shit would have been done she would've lived the high life as Empress. Just look at people like Napoleon. In the end she would've been just a different kind of egocentrical bad as the last Queen.

Masked cuck never paid enough for what he'd done, I felt it was done to cheeply with "lol u xplode why see a cunt suffer and enjoy it haha a quick death is the worst punishment."

hot

I'm convinced she was a self-insert of some kind.

>Be shitty kid
>Dad dissapproves
>Run off and continue being a shithead
>Become successful
>Feel that this vindicates your shitty behavior
>Be mad that dad doesn't forgive you

>might doesn't make right
Winning the bloodline lottery doesn't make you right either. Kuvira acted with the best interest of her homeland and her people in mind.

Hmmm, Sounds like someone we know.

You forgot:

>not apologizing for fucking up her sister's face until after SHE apologizes to HER for being mad about it
>attempting to murder her adopted daughter in her sleep during a ceasfire

>Winning the bloodline lottery doesn't make you right either
Correct, because "right" and "good" are abstract concepts.

>Winning the bloodline lottery doesn't make you right either.
No, but it does make you leader.

>No, but it does make you leader.
No it doesn't. Being able to LEAD makes you a leader. Kuvira led an army to victory for 3 years and restored a nation, who better to lead it than the person responsible for it's salvation?

>might doesn't make right, at least not when there was a legitimate (and quite pathetic) heir to the throne.
How is being born with someone's genes any more "right" to rule than someone who actually earned the role of leader through hard work?

>who better to lead it than the person responsible for it's salvation?
Her, but unfortunately that little shit who did nothing but sing horribly to a bunch of Bagermoles and sat around in the safety of Republic City while his people were starving in a lawless kingdom was the leader.

Believe me, Kuvira was a good leader, but due to genetic politics, she was out of the game before her grandparents were even born.

Bitch tried to murder her son.

Lin: I hope you learned a valuable lesson from this Suyin.
Suyin: Indeed I have, sister...gutter trash belongs in the gutters.
Lin: No, that's not it.
Suyin: She should've stayed abandoned?
Lin: We'll talk about this later.

>Being able to LEAD makes you a leader.
Not as easy to discern as it sounds.
Sure you might get a good idea of them being good at certain things but good luck finding their hundreds of flaws, especially in a democracy and don't get me started on a benevolent dictatorship. And time and power doesn't help either to not corrupt the fuck out of them.
And as age old stories go: being a good military leader doesn't make you a good leader.

No in the end there is no right or wrong, it all depends on how well fed the majority is and how comfortable they are.

If might doesnt' make right, then explain the Avatar.
The whole thing with the Avatar is they have the power of all 4 elements and spirit powers, and if one nation tries to overtake another they will force the balance back with overwhelming force if need be.

>mfw there are numerous people, including some of my friends, who think Suyin was "badass"

Not all conquerors make good domestic leaders though look at
the Japanese conquest in ww2
Liu bei
Lenin
a shit ton of mexican dictators
at the end of the day might doesn't make right when dealing with a whole nation with taxes, food shortages, establishing law and order, etc

>Bitch tried to murder her son.
And Suyin tried to murder her adopted daughter.

>attempting to murder her adopted daughter in her sleep during a ceasfire

When Kuvira EXPECTED it though, that just puts a whole new level of shitty-ness into perspective.

How fucked up was Kuvira's life if she can successfully predict her mother figure coming to murder her.

It worked for Napoleon.

She was at fighting, but as a person, she was fucking terrible.

Thank you

Because Empress is an inheritable title. You think she's qualified because she rebuilt her nation but her kids wouldn't have done that. By your own metric her heirs would be unworthy to rule. She repeating the mistakes that happened in the formation of the Earth Kingdom in the first place.

Plus, she's an idiot. Its one thing to remove foreigners from your country when it is in turmoil. You can neither guarantee their safety nor appropriately pass judgement on them should they commit crimes. But she was deporting native born minorities in a world where you can get superpowers from your ethnicity. The Earth Empire became and industrialized powerhouse in the short time she ruled it because she used earthbending to its full potential. Imagine what you could do if you used the other elements the same way? Speaking of industry, she built a stupid giant robot out of an incredibly rare metal just so that it could serve as the mount for her doomsday weapon. That's some straight up lunacy right there.

I guaranfuckingtee that Korra uses her influence as the Avatar to get Kuvira a light sentence.

I'd actually love to see a storyline where it causes tension between Korra and Asami and then it ends up in a Korra/Asami/Kuvira love triangle, which would be a hell of a lot more interesting than the Mako/Korra/Asami love triangle was.

But in this case it was a valid excuse. It's not like Lin was a concentration camp guard or something. She was a police officer responding to what was essentially an armed robbery (in the sense that benders are basically armed at all times). I mean, are we saying that the police should ignore armed robberies because they are related to the robber?

And there were some shitty avatars. Or rather some that believed this. But you also had Avatars that didn't want to rely on their powers. Doesn't mean they didn't have to, but they didn't want to accomplish their goals by force.

OhmyGodno! No love triangles FFS! That is the piss-poorest writing. Would be interesting for Korra to push for a lighter sentence for Kuvira which causes strife between her and Su, and with the Earth Nation.

It's the p'li thing.
RIP best girl

The ending still pissed me off. It would have been better had an arrangement been made where Kuvira kept leadership of EK, but RC was kept independent. Maybe some reparations from RC to EK for taking the land. And Korra could show her growth by negotiating peace instead of just fighting.

it does not belong to earth nation. its like putins claims of "historical lands" control of land often moved around it the past, by the same logic fire nation could claim ownership of the world

>The Earth Empire became and industrialized powerhouse in the short time she ruled it because she used earthbending to its full potential.

Ah yes of course, the Fire Nation was doing it wrong for 100 years despite using fire to its full potential.

Everything about Suyin screams hypocrisy, even her Randian-esque political philosophy does not hold up to scrutiny :

>Despises the Monarchy, referring to it as outdated political system, yet rules Zaofu as the "Matriarch" with her family.

>Proclaims she’s changed, that her checkered past is behind her, but continues to harbors fugitives, a serious crime when it involves pirates and terrorists.

>Claims she’s progressive, that technology should be the driving factor of nations, yet Zaofu is completely isolationist, doesn’t share its inventions/discoveries with the outside world. And when Earth Kingdoms is suffering a political crisis, decides not to intervene.

She would have been a strong and qualified leader, instead of someone who got the position because they were born into it.

>Hey, Mike?
>What is it, Bryan?
>This villain for Book 4...
>I know! She's insisting that the powerful should help the powerless! Isn't she despicable?
>Well, that's the thing. Apparently test audiences don't find that very villainous.
>What?! But we've already done almost all the animation! We don't have time to change her now!
>That's okay. We can just throw in some lines about how she was doing a bunch of Hitler stuff off-screen.
>Yes! We're geniuses! Wait..."Geniuses". I like the sound of that!

>Zaheer can ruin your life since childhood and then kill a queen, attempt murder on many many more people and claim it freedom so he'll just then get time in prison.
Im not a legal expert but would not he be responsible for all the civil war deaths? I mean is it like poison, where if you poison a pot and unforeseen people eat it and die, you are responsible since a person of average capacity could have foreseen it or is it like excess of the executor, where you send out a killer to kill 1 person and you are not responsible if he ends up killing 5

>Maybe some reparations from RC to EK for taking the land

You want to give Asia more land and have it be ruled by an empress instead of a queen?

And you can't have a negotiation for peace in an action adventure show without a fight in there somewhere.

This show ruins Toph, it was "realistic" but I wish they had done it with someone I gave less fuck about

she earned it, its called mandate of heaven
>Empress
was not it dictator?

I don't think she was supposed to be taken as a literal villain.

You were supposed to take it bittersweetly, same with that masked marxist masked man. Sure they got a point but then it would be silly to assume they were flawless. I agree that the depiction of her bad side was pretty shit, but it still follows the theme.

That's what I heard, that it was Suyin who was originally written to become the conquering tyrant, but then Bryke got hung up on the last villain of the series being a "dark mirror" for Korra so of course that means she has to look similar and be around the same age.

>she earned it, its called mandate of heaven

And the others recaptured it, re-earned it. It's called King of the Hill.

he won. What right did he have to give away fire nation lands with zuko as his puppet?
>more innovation than if the four nations were on there own
like what? most innovation seems to come from non benders and we somehow have bender hobos and fire mafia ( the city made no sense)

Did you see what she did to RC though?

Which was nonsense because Kuvira has zero in common with Korra.

Yup, pretty much. It's why I HATE season 4, even after the amazingness of season 3.

Didn't Kuvira still have a giant army and population still loyal to her in the EK?
I doubt they are just going to roll over for democracy.

When korra started equating her experiences with kuviras I would have laugh if I could.korra really was coming off as a rich valley brat telling a war orphan about how she totally gets it because she once ruined her dress and it was the worst day eva

>I doubt they are just going to roll over for democracy.

It'll be like the ATLA comics where Ozai still has supporters and Fire Nation owned places over the world.

Tenzin's reason is completely justified. If Lin just did her duty, as expected for a person wanting to marry the last airbender, she would have been married to him instead. She wanted to be with Tenzin, but she was aware that he was the last airbender, as far as they know, and the entire Avatar cycle dies with Tenzin if he didn't start reproducing.

What? Korra, leave behind a major problem? Perish the thought, user.

>might doesn't make right
yes it does. if she has enough supporters with might there is no problem
>legitimate
his kingdom fell and restoration force refused to restore it for him.
>legitimate
when it comes to international politics, there is no such thing as legitimate. like peace treaties used to buy time for war buildup, "legitimacy" is just bullshit they cook up for troops to feel better about what they are doing.
>at least been a major part of its leadership.
while having to play nice with an idiot, she dispensed with the bullshit and did not want taxpayer money going to more royal bullshit

well now we will never know.can you really say the earth king won't turn to shit?uncle iroh kicked ass in his youth so its not like every military person with a drive turns into stalin

Does it? We don't really know what would happen if there was no airbender when the cycle reached there.

Maybe the cycle would just skip that from then on.

people submitting to you is what makes you a leader in a technical sense and leadership skill is what makes you a good leader. the example of "king in a foreign country" pops up, its about a king who ends up on the streets of a foreign country where no one knows him and non of his retainers or trappings of office are with him, what is he king of?

There's usually one thing the Avatar fucks up with before they die, leaving the next one to clean it up.

Korra has done this so many times, I fear for the future of the world.

and yet republic city exists?it is show as a beacon of freedom and modernity and they have an elected non bender ruler so how crazy would it be for earth kingdom to have a non royal ruler?hell water tribes are still tribes, and political landscape would laugh at a tribal chief thinking he is equal to a king
>Lin: I hope you learned a valuable lesson from this Suyin
>Suyin:its never too late to have an abortion

You think I'm bad? Wait, till you meet my lawyer.

>being a good military leader doesn't make you a good leader.
being shit military leader doesn't automatically make you a good civilian leader.

She is so hot.

It's painful.

>badass
that word has no meaning anymore.
>numerous people, including some of my friends
casuals thing everyone is badass. people think sansa stark is badass