What does Sup Forums think about Garfield?

What does Sup Forums think about Garfield?

As a child? I loved it. I bought the collected editions for at least 20 volumes (starting around 23 I think?) I used to read and re-read them and laugh constantly.

Now? It's pretty bland. The last time it was interesting was when Liz and Jon hooked up, because it was the first real "status quo" change the strip had experienced since Lyman faded out of existence.

This. I read the fat cat three packs everynight before i went to bed when i was a kid.
I liked the cartoon alot too.

I hate Mondays.

Lets settle this once and for all, Sup Forums.

Ahem.

Garfoldi, where is our favoirte dog, Odies?

the Sup Forums edits are far better than the actual comics

Garfield and Friends as well as those animated specials made around the same time are great. Then the comic turned shitty by that time Jim Davis quit writing it and we have shit like The Garfield Show which is often on Boomerang.

It's boring garbage. If you want a good newspaper strip about an orange cat with black stripes then stick with Heathcliff. That's where the masterworks are.

The comic strip was great during the 80s and 90s and I loved reading the printed collections of them as a kid. Nowadays, the strip is just boring and generic copy pasted garbage.

Garfield and Friends is fucking hilarious and I would say it was definitely one of the best shows on during that time.

I saw both of the live actions movies in theaters for some reason even though I knew they were going to be awful. The second one was slightly better but not by that much.

The CGI tv series was boring like the comic strip currently is.

Garfield was at his best when he was zany and over the top and nobody involved with the franchise right now seems to get that. I guess merchandise of him still sells and that's why he's still around.

???

that must have killed him to draw, if he even did

But in the '90s is when Jim Davis quit doing shit.

That is the most amazing thing i have ever seen.

That's actually pretty funny for a Garfield strip.

Why is it Garfield fan stuff is always the most bizarre?

There was some weird stuff in gardfiel

Because Garfield is so mundane and mainstream. The most memorable stuff is its complete opposite.

>dissing BASED Garfield

bruh, did you even fucking watch it?

better without Garfield

>implying Jim Davis is too good for anything.

>©1980 United Feature Syndicate

Huh, this is before Davis bought back the rights to Garfield.

Oh that one hits a little too close to home...

i know that feel too

Spin off media is better than the comics usually.

Why you gotta do me like that, user?

MY NIGGA