Why can't Americans get this Godzilla thing right? They've failed twice now

Why can't Americans get this Godzilla thing right? They've failed twice now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XqRk6wBfOLc
youtube.com/watch?v=CrXTS10h2WI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This remains the most disappointing movie I've ever spent money to see. It felt like a two hour long army recruitment commercial with monsters occasionally making cameos.

2014 Godzilla was literally Nip Godzilla. It got standing ovations in Japan. It didn't do great because it was chink Godzilla.

People expected the blockbuster style of that asshole Roland Emmerich rather than the dramatized version of it that the Nips like. I actually find it super ironic that people hate this film because its exactly what an American version of a nip godzilla would look like. Wanna talk about shit? Lets talk about the 1999 version.

They fucked up Godzilla on the first one, but they actually got a little TOO close on the second attempt. Call him huge or what have you but the amount of boring and forgettable human subplot to monster action and the whole heroic Godzilla thing is pure Showa. Unfortunately, Showa had a lot of flaws due to not having much of a budget that really stand out when you've got a fuckhuge budget. We shouldn't be getting next to nothing when you've got million to burn, Kong figured that shit out and that's why his movie made more worldwide. So while they tried to be faithful, they didn't understand what they were faithful to.

Interstingly, 1998 Godzilla is a spot on near perfect adaptation of a completely different monster movie, Beast from 2000 Fathoms, an american movie that inspired the original Godzilla!

Having the monsters fight in the middle only to have the movie cut away from the action to a tv screen was fucking bullshit. If they'd shown the fight in the middle, then the movie wouldn't have felt so overdrawn.

Japan has far more failures, but then again their success percentage is higher than 0%.

Just like what said, Godzilla 2014 was literally just your average Jap Godzilla movie but with CGI.
The majority of complaints people have with Godzilla 2014 are complaints that are shared among the majority of the Jap movies as well, but people tend to conveniently ignore that. It's almost as if these people have ever seen a Godzilla movie before.

>Beast from 2000 Fathoms, an american movie that inspired the original Godzilla!
It came out a year before Gojira. Was shooting so fast back then that they could have drawn inspiration from it?

I actually really loved it, such a cock tease bae

>1998 Godzilla had better attendance in Japan than 2014

Well it did have a top tier marketing campaign

Nope! Tomoyuki Tanaka, a producer at Toho Studios, read a synopsis of The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms on a plane ride about a dinosaur rising up from the waters, and inspired him to make a monster movie with an idea he had about fishermen who had been affected by the atomic bomb.

the 94 godzilla wasn't too bad. still waiting for a sequel on that one

the new one was complete shit though. but fortunately shin godzilla was pretty dope

this

Godzilla 2014 had the advantage of being the first thing after a decade long absence. Similar to Jurassic World and The Force Awakens. Except, unlike those films, it didn't set the world on fire. Shin Godzilla came afterwards and blew it out of the water.

All they needed to do was take out some of the cliche human sequences and make a more interesting monster for Godzilla to fight.

Wrong, it was on par with some of the best Godzilla movies and they finally did it right. People crying about too much human time have never watched a Godzilla movie before.

Even the original Godzilla movie didn't have much godzilla in it.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Godzilla 2014 was literally just your average Jap Godzilla
Not really. There are a few major differences. Godzilla 2014 has a 30-40 minute longer running time, teases the monsters until the third act, has one of the smallest amounts of screen time for Godzilla, and focuses on a single character instead of an ensemble cast. After you account for all of that you can say they're similar I guess.

Because they have to add the fucking military to it like in Transformers for the "redneck crowd".

Thats why Pacific Rim was so great. It was just pure fun, none of that human bullshit.

Leave kaijukino to me

user there was too much human bullshit in PacRim. Cherno Alpha and Crimson Typhoon didn't have enough time for their own fights.

>best fight happens before the climax of the film
>tons of human bullshit

DelTaco a shit

I agree. I really hope Pacific Rim 2 isn't just more Gypsy Danger fellatio.

> Most critically acclaimed Godzilla film since Gojira (1954)
> Nominated for 11 Japanese Academy Awards and won 7. Also won several other awards.
> 2nd highest grossing Japanese film of 2016
> Most successful Japanese Godzilla film since the 1960s
> Funimation was so impressed with its North American run it extended it from one week to one month. Did this with minimal marketing.
> Evangelion x Godzilla crossover merchandise sold like hotcakes

The only thing bad about that movie was the colour was too dark.

2014>>>>Kang Kong:2017>>>>>>>>Capeshit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>annoshit=1999

i wont go that far but i agree Anno cock sucking here is getting annoying

This
Shin was dogshit, rather watch any of the shitty MCU crap than sit through another fucking thing made by that hack Anno

Too many huniepop evangelion weebs on here

Better than muh realism fags and their disingenuous apologia

At least the Japs actually show Godzilla.

agree too

only good scene in shin was the atomic breath.

Annofags everyone

That one was pretty good
2 will be pure kaijukino though

>thinking shin is much better

>the boring and forgettable human subplot and the whole anti-hero Godzilla thing is pure Heisei
ftfy

I love the Japanese zilla movies, I just wish there was more stereotypical anime voices. I really don't hear enough
>b-bakana!!
>NANI???
>mudada
>yare yare

In the godzilla franchise

Only patrician opinions ITT

>MUH CONTRARIAN

>tfw I like both Japanese AND American Godzillas and I'm listening to all of this nonsense

Keep up your pointless rantings and shitlfingings, children, while I actually enjoy the films.

Wait a minute, that poster

So should I watch Shin Godzilla tonight?

>Should i watch garbage?
No, just pop in 2000 or Hedorah for a better film than shinshit

What's the list of patricians? Amuse me. While you're at it defend Godzilla 2014. Without "it's the same as Japanese movies," because that's not even true.

Godzilla 2014 was alright, Kong was fun, Godzilla 2 sounds stellar, and Godzilla vs Kong is gonna be kino.

I can feel it.

/thread

But I like Eva. Surely I can pretend I'm watching an Evangelion spinoff.

Is mostererse the only cinematic universe that worked post-MCU bandwagon besides DCU?

>garbage
Meme opinion. What criticisms do you have for Shin Godzilla that doesn't apply to almost every other Godzilla movie 10x over?

So far it's doing decently I guess. It's the only one to actually get more than one character's movies in and get a crossover produced at least.

Sup, little bitches.

when's the monsterverse gonna get gamera/godzilla/kong/ultraman together to form the kaiju avengers and fight destroyah?

I thinks it's going to feel repetitive with Godzilla 2 ad GvK. I hope they pull something new; not necessarily along the lies of a shared universe ala MCU but inside that universe.
All the background and cutted out monsters from Skull Island were top notch.

Got to admit you got the best theme song youtube.com/watch?v=XqRk6wBfOLc

The problem was the movie died with Brian Cranston. That first act was superb imho.

Gamera is really neat! Gamera is filled with meat! We've been eating Ga-me-raaaaaaa!

Senorita Gamera

Objective List of Kaiju Kino
1) Gojira
2) Mothra vs Godzilla
3) Shin Godzilla
4) Gamera: Revenge of Iris
5) Gamera: Guardian of the Universe
6) GMK
7) Monster Zero
8) Gamera the Brave
9) Mothra
10) Rodan

Only time I've heard an entire theater full of people groan out loud. There's saving your monster for the end of your movie and then there's being a fucking tease and denying your audience what they want to see.

Lots of the Jap movies had the military playing a major role.

>People unironically like pure dogshit known as Shin Godzilla

First off. I saw this during a limited Funimation theatrical release, and I'm not lying, probably 50 or more percent of the people in the theatre were seniors. Me and my girlfriend are 23 and we had an old couple in front of us and on both sides of us, the entire theatre smelled like old people.

Second off, people were checking their phones 30 minutes in. It was distracting. The old man sitting beside me fell asleep and I knew when he fell asleep because his breathing changed from quiet to slow and heavy and the old lady in front kept turning around to see who was making so much noise.

Third off, when the movie ended, only 1 group of fatass geeks awkwardly clapped. I felt so embarrassed for them, myself, and everyone around me. They started off clapping so confidently, like they thought they could get everyone else to clap too. Then the old lady on the other side of me was about to start clapping but when she saw no one else was joining along with them she changed her mind. Everyone left the theatre in dead silence.

How the hell can you Annofaggots defend this shit?

Thanks for listing every retard with shitty taste. Even without Godzilla Shin would be a better movie than 2014 Godzilla.

Yes. It's legitimately good and the only people that disagree are contrarians and people that dislike the director because muh Evangelion.

>Ywn be this butthurt by a random user
I guess shinfags can't handle people not liking their own crappy flick

If you like Eva you'll definitely like it. It's as close to a live action Eva there is.

No. Simply curious about the rationalization process a person must take to unironically think Godzilla 2014 is good and Shin Godzilla is irredeemable garbage. Really intrigues me.

This fucking copypasta

>this actually happened
And even if it did
>a bunch of old fucks fell asleep so I didn't like it

Great criticism of the film

>your life will never be so pathetic you pretend to dislike something on the internet for attention and then reply to yourself so you can feel like there are people that share your shitty opinion

Nigga G14 is nothing like any of the Showa films. G14 is a bland popcorn flick with muh realism, the Showa films are mostly lighthearted with an ensemble cast.

More like autism to defend a fucking film about a fire breathing lizard

Are zillafags really hurt other tards like films over other about the same lizard?

Shut the fuck up Millennium fag.

>Inventing conspiracy theories about how people don't like a film
>Clearly a samefag

Even TK members have better opinions on Godzilla films lmao

it's kino you dumb pleb

So you just really want people to know what a spineless faggot you are right? Put up or shut up. You aren't trolling XD anyone, no ones mad, you're just pathetic and that's sad

It must suck, having absolutely nothing else to do on a Friday night but shitpost on Sup Forums.

>americlaps

I'm stoked for Godzilla 2 feat. KING GHIDORAH

Gamera is a Toho rip off so I doubt they'll ever want him next to their monsters.

Do people unironically dislike Shin or is it a meme? I mean, how can anyone be that much of a philistine? It MUST be bait, right?
I don't care if you hate Anno, but there's no denying that Shin is a beautifully shot and actually has something to say, unlike most Godzilla films.

Bad meme. The Godzilla elitists on facebook hated it because "REEEEEEE NATIONALISM"

Oh it definitely had something to say with all the lazy text all over the screen.

>missing the point of the text

>They say while talking about kids films about a walking lizard that breathes fire
Please kill yourselves for enjoying capeshit-tier flicks

it was directly inspired by the original godzilla movie which was a very politically charged movie about the horrors of nuclear bombs

>Shin is a beautifully shot
>Meanwhile Exist

context don't matter

There's nothing wrong with that shot, you may dislike de CG, but the composition itself is good.

>one scene

I guess G54 is shit because a couple of scenes don't look as good as the rest.

the cg was intentional, Anno did it like that just to give it that unnatural look.

>MFW it looks worse than the average MCU film

>failed twice
you mean three times

Yeah, I also think so, given how good the CG is for its final form. But I can see how some may find it immersion-breaking.

okay lamango

Godzilla 2014 is the Batman v Superman of the kaiju genre. It's a meme to pretend it's great or anything worth serious consideration.

pic related

KotM is a perfectly respectable film.

>think so
Anno literally said that was the reason, if it hadn't he wouldn't have made it cg considering he's usually anti-cg
youtube.com/watch?v=CrXTS10h2WI

dude kotm is so bad hah dumb gaijins ruin everything amirite or amirite

>KotM is a perfectly respectable film.
>japan makes political film
>it's a huge success
>americans want it overseas
>afraid no one will watch it
>remove all the political stuff
>have it all narrated by some american who explain everything thats going on for those who don't understand whats going on

You're all fags. G14 and Shin are both 6/10 flicks. The difference is that Shin is the one that thinks its something more than that.