Why is the government so afraid of legalizing marijuana?

Why is the government so afraid of legalizing marijuana?

Tabaco lobby is outspending the Marijuana lobby

so does the alcohol lobby

Because they don't want you to think outside the box and wake up to what's REALLY going.

cause everyone turns into lazy sacks of shit

Because hemp makes a couple lucrative industries essentially obsolete.
Smoking weed is still degenerate as fuck though.

>will turn into
>future tense

that's a weed meme.
think of alcohol - if you have a bad hangover it literally takes a day away from you.

will so

take it from someone from a country where weed is practicly legal

>legalising the herbal jew
There's a reason why the CIA is the world's biggest drug dealer.

ok, weed expert. i've lived in your country for a year and it's the same as any other country. there is weed available everywhere

>DUDE WEED LMAO XD 420 BLAZE IT :DDDD

This doesnt make any sense, if it was legalized they can tax it like they do with tobacco where like 75% of the cost is taxation.

Because we signed and are bound by an international treaty.

Also there are so many in government whose livelihood depends on the illegality of drugs, marijuana in particular. Think about how many dea, border control, and local cops would no longer be required if marijuana was suddenly made legal.

The pharma lobby doesn't help the situation either.

> smoking the herbal jew

Yes user, continue to smoke weed. Please, lower your intelligence, become lazy, and don't fight back!

steve jobs liked weed was he a lazy sack of shit? how about snoop dogg or every fucking major entertainment artist ever? even obama said weed is less harmful than alcohol.

>using obama, steve jobs and snoop dogg as examples
Welcome to the shitposting triumvirate, Finland.

I've been smoking a lot lately and I still get all of my work done and hit the gym. Maybe it's cause I don't smoke until the late evening.

It's a lot like having a few beers after work.

I'm not sure if weed make people stupid, or if they use weed because they're stupid. But anyone that use it is clearlly retarded

Theres not really a need to use appeal to authority here, theres statistical evidence to back that up...

>taxing consumption
You want foreign leaders and foreign populations to be subjected to this degenerate substance so they're easier to control.

You don't want your own population smoking the crap because its fucking addictive and causes a list of social problems.

hereĀ“s your (You)

>Why is the government so afraid of legalizing marijuana?
No fucking clue... the population clearly wants it... nearest I can guess the tobacco/alcohol/pharmaceutical industries fear the competition

Its legal for medical use in my state and i work for a cultivation facility. You have to have literally millions to get the licensing. They wont allow small business and a free market when it comes to cannabis also banks wont work with you so youre literally dealing with trash bags of cash. When these guys are robbed they blame the crime on marijuana. Its a joke.

>sit around being gags
>yeah man wake me up the system and shut
>we wuz kings

This.

One is a puppet who got used because he wasn't white.
One is just a hood rat who got lucky.
One is a hack who stole ideas and marketed them relatively efficiently.

Pick better examples next time.

Because if it were legal how would they make any money busting people and reselling it?

Also they cane out and openly said its because the money pharma would lose. Its no secret theres recordings online.

>smoking
But why? There's various better ways to use it than smoking it.

>was Steve Jobs lazy sack of shit
Yes, yes he was. Stole ideas, was a giant asshole to everyone and in the end his dumbass tried to use muh herbs and nature to cure cancer.
>snoop dog
The dude is lounges around filming some reality show with his family?
>Obama
So what, he smoked some weed back in the day, whats your argument mongol?

You're calling smoking a plant degenerate when men are ducking and fucking each other and there is massive corporate theft apparent in our world, yes, even in Canada!

Get a fucking grip bud please and just let it go, you could use a rip yourself

Shutup glassjaw dont you have a fire to put out?

>something else is degenerate and bad so this other degenerate and bad is alright

>couple lucrative industries
like what, exactly? are we going to be making hemp clothes instead of cloth, cotton, silk?

>bigger problems existing means this isn't one
lol
Get fucked, teenage stoner.

>dope is DEGENERATE
>I know because Big Daddy Government told me so
C'mon, mate.

Paper is a big one iirc. Ropes etc

alcohol companies are making sure it doesn't happen, as well as old fashioned politicians who are stuck in their ways.

DUDE

>it isn't degenerate
How so? I didn't form my view from "da guberment" I formed it from seeing friends, family, and randoms who smoke. It smells, makes you for the most part act and talk retarded, and sometimes results in further bad behavior. If you need to smoke some dope to feel good about yourself or he "fun" you're a degenerate.

This. I always hate people who say it helps relieve stress. I see people like that as total pussies who can't go a single day without giving in to smoking.

Really Sup Forums none of you have come up with the real reason?

Fine I'll give it

Simply put it's a diversion
Same as gay marriage, abortion, tranny shit, and other social "issues"
The whole purpose of it is to be a distraction from real issues and to divide the country
The truth is pot being illegal or legal changes basically nothing
It's literally a non issue blown up into a huge issue for the purpose of drawing lines all around the sand

Marijuana production is more decentralized than tobacco and alcohol. It poses a threat to the domination of large-scale drug companies. The criminalization of marijuana also is a cash cow because it provides fodder for the private prison industry. Its health effects are at worst not much more destructive than alcohol. Most arguments about the ban being "for the greater good" are total bullshit.

Unless you believe all psychoactive substances including tobacco and alcohol are also degenerate then go back to your cuckservative utopia.
>If you believe all psychoactive substances are degenerate, then I wonder where you stand on a scale from autist to sociable.

If you make drugs legal you have to invest in an infrastructure. This takes time and money and in the end you have profit for some but at the cost of weakening your nation.

>cuckservative
Dude don't go jumping to name calling it makes you look ridiculous.
>all is degenerate
With today's medical knowledge and people still doing it yes it's degenerate. Yes some people do these things and function fine however there are many who don't and shit just keeps spiraling into a major shit storm. The argument for this stuff 's ridiculous and hopefully you know that.
>well this shit is legal why not this shit
Not an argument, just because something bad is allowed currently doesn't mean we should open the flood gates to all this shit.
Thanks.

Easy profits for the private prison industry.

They don't need to use chemicals to control the population when they have TV and directed energy weapons.

This. It's probably best if stoner ""culture"" is stomped out entirely, not encouraged.

Fighting the war on drugs is more degenerate.

Trade it for a lesser evil, the marijuana.
The war on drugs is a cancer on small white communities, they have plenty of ways to keep inner city brown folks locked up.

>directed energy weapons
What are you talking about?
>TV
Not every one has or watches TV.

this reminds me.

i was once smoking some weed out of an applepipe in front of starbucks. some employee accosts me saying 'dude leave now i seen what you were doing'. mind you i just bought coffee and tipped them. i explained why it's fine for me to consume caffeine, and nicotine, but the moment i use weed he flips out?

he said - 'because it's federally illegal'. i said 'okay man'. and headed off.

i'm in a legalized state.

It exists as a degenerate nigger culture because they cannot function in society when they are so easily to enslave/steal from.

Dude no one wants to smell your joint, if you have to go smoke your cigarettes and joint at home.

Weed takes a long time to get out the system even when your not high. marijuana is still there in your body which can effect a lot of people in work or even being drug tested while driving or so on. While alcohol only takes a day to leave your body.

Take it from someone who lost their job because of it.

The government.
Afraid.

So I read get the facts as much as possible then I test and experiment, after all you could read on a subject forever and never know how that particular thing affects you. I am 52, never smoked before, have a relatively dangerous job on a daily basis. I smoked weed everyday for 1 year. Potency was 18% to 26%. It is illegal were I work, but I went the whole year without being tested. I found no change in my performance, enhanced actually creative wise and problem solving, interactions with fellow employees and management unchanged. Weight physical stature, lost 20 pounds. After 1 year quit with some withdrawal symptoms including bad dreams, interrupted sleep pattern, irritability. Took5 weeks to clear out of system completely.

Whenever I smoke weed my dick goes into my body and I can piss out of my ass. Its exhilarating.

Too many people stand to lose a lot of money by making weed legal.

Just think of all the "criminals" locked up on weed related drug charges. These are for profit facilities and need people arrested and locked up to make money. They stand to lose thousands of future and likely current inmates with legalization. The police will also lose their easiest way to make arrest quotas, so they'll lose money as well.

The medical community also won't stand by and lose millions in insurance dollars from people who will look to weed as a more affordable, natural alternative to prescription medication. And with the current growth of the natural/organic marketplace, it wouldn't take much to convince people to switch over.

And despite the huge market legalization would create, the government would see little in tax revenue for it. They could easily control the sale of marijuana goods in stores, but they could do little to cash in on home growers. It's not too expensive or difficult for the average person to grow weed. And any money they do make from taxing equipment, seeds and such won't even compare to what the profit made from before legalization.

I don't think I even need to mention the potential losses both the tobacco and alcohol industries would deal with. Even clothing and personal care items like soaps and lotions could see losses as well.

alcohol has a death grip on USA.

weedman just made it legal to grow your own here if you are a medical user

IDK because its degenerate and leads to spaced out losers.

Doesn't matter. They're fighting a losing battle. With the states and people continuing to approve of legalization, they're only argument left will be the Devils lettuce boogeyman.

Because some Americans have this irrational hatred of weed perpetrated by the media. (((They))) like alcohol because their companies are at stake. It's going to get legalized eventually.

because they would have to admit that they were wrong.

>border control no longer necessary

What fucking board are you posting on?

Finally a plausible reason