Why did this movie received such good reviews? It is really bad, and got some atrocious acting

why did this movie received such good reviews? It is really bad, and got some atrocious acting.

It was one of the first movies, if not the first movie, about black youth violence in the ghetto.

But damn, the movie sucks

when they gon' learn?
blaming white people lulz, black on black gang bang is the problem

>t. this guy

YOU KNOW YOU FUCKED UP RIGHT...

Its nigger kino you fucking pleb

State an objective argument for why it is a bad movie. I believe the acting is good.

>like Fags in da hoodz

>people actually like American Psycho

First off. I saw this the day it came out, and I'm not lying, probably 50 or more percent of the people in the theatre were seniors. Me and my wife-then-girlfriend were 23 at the time and we had an old couple in front of us and on both sides of us, the entire theatre smelled like old people.

Second off, people were checking their pagers 40 minutes in. It was distracting. The old man sitting beside me fell asleep and I knew when he fell asleep because his breathing changed from quiet to slow and heavy and the old lady in front kept turning around to see who was making so much noise.

Third off, when the movie ended, only 1 group of goth highschoolers were awkwardly clapped. I felt so embarrassed for them, myself, and everyone around me. They started off clapping so confidently, like they thought they could get everyone else to clap too. Then the old lady on the other side of me was about to start clapping but when she saw no one else was joining along with them she changed her mind. Everyone left the theatre in dead silence.

>the acting is good.

there was a certain comfiness to it and a great original soundtrack. certainly the only 90s 'hood' movie I can still watch from start to finish nowadays

but yeah, a lot of the dialogue, direction and acting was pretty ropey at best, though in fairness it was Ice Cube's first role and he's since gone on to become a very good actor

>Ice Cube
He was the only one i liked

That's from Menace II Society, the superior hood movie.

Menace II Society was way worse in terms of writing, acting, and delivery.

I think Colors was.

>why did this movie received such good reviews?
because it is

I thought it was good. Youre just memeing us arent you?

>very good actor
lemme stop you right there

>star in a dindu movie
>Larry Fishburne
>star in a white movie
>Laurence Fishburne

interesting

I remember when this came out.
I'm in NZ and for the Pacific Island kids and the Maori kids it kicked off the 'gansta' populism at my school. Kids started tagging and calling themselves 'crips'

Boyz in the hood was a bit more modern version of 'colors'

He was still Larry during Pee Wees Playhouse.

>le ebic greentext restating what he just said
>le ebic reaction picture haha xD
Good work user. He'll never be able to refute this logic.

Nah

He's right though

Rocket don't smoke

Step aside, plebs.

and Death Wish 2

then he began going by his formal name and started getting good roles. so a smart move

That death scene at the end

Actual hood-kino coming through

>he did grow up in the hood

Vatos locos forever!!

essential black people kino