Wow this was horrible. 10 minutes worth of interesting content stretched over 2.5 hours...

Wow this was horrible. 10 minutes worth of interesting content stretched over 2.5 hours. I'm glad this ruined Spike Jonzes career. Fuck his nepotistic ass.

Not bothered with this because I felt this might be the case.
Not willing to watch a 2+ hour film if only 30 minutes of it is worth watching... and this has been the general consensus of most people that have commented on the film.

hated this movie. This guy was a fucking pussy fr

Why does this movie trigger you kids so?

Honestly I'm my top 3 kinos of all time

ruined his career? Didn't it get nominated for an oscar?

because outside of its unique execution, it's a conventional romance film and a lot of Sup Forums babbys can't into romance. that's most of what Spike Jonze does; conventional genre film with his personal flair

I liked this movie and felt by the end of it that it chose to celebrate life and humanity and the mysteries it holds versus being cynical about it. The AI was a vehicle to get him on the top of the roof to watch the skyline with his friend. The moral of the movie was when she admitted she didn't know everything, but that within the finite time she was given she wanted to simply accept joy and be happy. The main character experiences it, feels it threatened, and is eventually abandoned. But he still ends up smiling at the closing shot. The movie could have gone many other predictable ways, but I thought it looked honestly into a potential future for our society and chose to see its potential good versus its downfalls. And by the end, it was still at its core just a movie about the various facets of love.

My two pennies. It was one of my favorite movies the year I saw it.

You're a retard, I loved that movie.

It has interesting scifi elements but quickly plummets into painful relationshit drivel. And jp has the most punch-able head in the business.

I liked him in Gladiator.

If you watched a movie called "Her" expecting it not to be about relationships you should choose your movies more carefully

In what way did this ruin his career? It was his biggest hit and was nominated for oscars

I watched based on reviews/shilling, always a bad idea. If I'd bothered to look at the poster I wouldn't have gone near it.

It's effete garbage.

>computer is a female
>cheats with 500 guys
Just like real life

His worst movie.

the thing that bothered me, and till this day I don't understand or ever get, is the Olivia Wilde scene. What the fuck. One minute she is joking about her taking him home, the next she calls him a creep to his face because he wanted to go home? what the fuck is wrong with women? are they so easily triggered by men that one thing not to their liking will cause them to berate a good man for doing nothing. I mean honestly what the fuck did he do wrong that date?

It was just a brutally satirical scene about how quickly potential relationships move in the modern era.

it WON an oscar lol

daamn straight

it was awful