Climate Change

Guys seriously what the fuck are we going to do about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

newsweek.com/sun-solar-flares-giant-magnetic-shield-protect-earth-676736
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>look at this picture of chunks of ice floating in the sea! this is not a normal phenomenon and is evidence of an impending environmental catastrophe!

ice is melting faster and earlier and less is congealing in the winter, the picture may not have meaning but you should know what's going on

Stop consuming
>Canadian education

>climate change is real

I already keep my consumption very low. The issue however is much bigger than just individuals changing their habits.

This
its not fucking real you dumb retard

>Southern education
>E*stern E*ropean education

I don't think it's man-made. Just hope for some smart people to show up because I don't have a clue

>its not fucking real you dumb retard
Yes it is

It's a myth.

>European education

people just don't see the big picture because it's beyond their immediate rationality and pov

the only potential solution, and the only one that's proven to have some effect is wait until it's too late

conservative movement only happened because all the dodos and dingos died, and so on

>dingos
thylacine**

Adapt. We're not going to stop climate change, but we are going to change as the climate does.

Probably nothing. Climate changes happen on a much larger scale even without human interference so wether we change our lifestyle is of very little consequence. The only thing we can do is hope our climate doesn't steer in a direction that will make it impossible for us to adapt until we can find ways to control our environment on a much larger scale.

>seriously what the fuck are we going to do about this?
why would I want to do anything about it, northern rim countries like my own will have a net benefit at least within the next hundred years from climate change

woah it's almost like the earth's axial tilt is fluctuating

This. We just need to build a wall and invest in a strong armed force to keep American refugees at bay when their country turns into a desert.

>temperatures are a little higher than usual
>IT'S A MANMADE ENVIRONMENTAL DISASTER

Guess the Ice Age was manmade too.

>its us that will benefit
Cant wait for all the climate refugees. Thanks for making even more shitskins come here faggot

That's probably not what you're going to get. Northern hemisphere will get scorching summer's with 38+ C° everywhere and extremely freezing winters. We don't even know how the currents and wind patterns responsible for most warmth in the winter are going to change when the sea and atmosphere gets hotter. Thinking that things will only get warmer is naive

Isnt climate change denial a crime in your country yet hans?

>leaf thinks he can stop his country from being turned into a giant farm for America

>here
kek im living comfortably in a have-not province, you can enjoy them for me
I already have freezing winters, but -15 to 25 temp range in a given year so i could adapt to small changes comfortably
currently doing a geography class in university about this same topic, and yes northern rim countries will have longer and more productive growing seasons, and the drought implications that a lot of countries will experience due to global warming will have an absurdly minimal effect on Canada due to the widespread and abundant freshwater systems in the Canadian interior (glaciers, aquafers, lakes, rivers, etc)

You're seeing this very optimistically. Remember assuming South to north currents stops and winds don't travel south to north the only source of warmth is the earths core and whatever light shines on your land that is not very much. So with winters were you have 6-3 hours of sunlight things can get ugly very quickly. Can you raise crops in a -10 C° ground temperature? Yes. Can the seeds survive -20 to -30 without flash freeze? No the water in the seeds will burst them.So you have to warm the ground for a whole year, doable for 10 people but 10s or 100 million people? Theres going to be riots due to starvation

>kek im living comfortably in a have-not province, you can enjoy them for me
You do realize that the government chooses where refugees are settled right? They dont get to choose. Ignorance is bliss though and boy you must be happy lmao.

>You do realize that the government chooses where refugees are settled right?
and you do realize that economically unstable and underemployed regions isn't where the vast majority of refugees are settled, right?

>assuming South to north currents stops
and how long in the future will the south to north current actually stop?

>look at this poor polar bear it will freeze to death in the water

If your land manages to grow food or has drinkable water your are doomed because roughly 17 Billion (that's with a B) will want to challenge your claim. If you region has neither you're doomed anyway. If one nuclear power goes starving they will threaten the Samson option at some point. Then it's good night friendo. All the walls in the world cannot protect you from the effects of a hydrogen bomb dropped on your head if not immediately then in the long run

>EU banned seal products
>polar bears dying off resulting in seal population boom
>atlantic canadians and norveggies going hard on that seal money
and how long in the future will the south to north current actually stop?

No one knows. All it could take is 1+ C° in the wrong place and the current will take a different route. This is why climate change will spare absolutely no one

so, I claim that the next years of global warming will be comfy for Canada, and you respond with
>an event that no one has a clue when it will take place
>bring up population that isnt remotely projected for the next hundred years (by 2100 it's 11.2 billion, US estimates)
I think you're just salty from your last year's heat waves or something, I'm just saying that Canada's gonna be comfy for the next hundred years and you bring up nuclear war, events that can't be dated, and projected populations that aren't even in the time-frame i suggested

This basically. America would probably do everything just short of annexing Canada if they didn't share absolutely everything for low to no cost. And the situation between china, Pakistan and India is even more concerning due to the melting in the himalayas.

>US estimates
*UN estimates, my bad

I'm just a man, but I do all I can.

>the picture may not have meaning

Then why do environmentalists pretend that it does? They're feeding off of ignorance to make their ideology seem more pertinent. Every pro-environmentalist message I run across is of an iceberg breaking off the sheet or of a hungry polar bear in a brown landscape that's brown because the picture was taken in fucking summer.

Alright then explain how You're going to produce enough oxygen (yes plants need oxygen too especially crops) if the ocean goes acidic and the rain forest dries out

Just tell me how is this winter temperatures?

Buy local produce. Sorry Chile

The biggest reason is this.

>we aren't putting more carbon(and methane and shit) in the atmosphere
>increased carbon doesn't increase temperature
One has to be true if you're saying man made climate change isn't a thing

This is just the beginning. imagine how bad things will get 50 years from now. Good luck everybody, I don't think any human will survive this. Cold blooded creatures are better suited for hot and toxic enviroments, not mammals.

are the global rain forests going to dry out in the next hundred years to a degree that would actually starve us of oxygen?
is the acidity of the oceans going to change enough in the next hundred years to threaten my country's population?
It's hard to think that the decrease in the amount of oxygen-producing forestry in the world would threaten Canada within the next hundred years, especially with the geographical location and size of the taiga/boreal forest biome (biome only second largest to the ocean biome)
although not as dense or most likely not producing the same amount of oxygen per given unit of area, it's a pretty big forest that won't be severely threatened within the next hundred years
although I'm not a big fan of the idea of a singular technology negating the side effects of climate, crops have been engineered to adapt flourish within the Canadian prairies since the inception of Western Canadian settlement, so it's hard to assume that it couldn't adapt to survive (if not thrive) within the next hundred years

Yes the acidation is already too late to prevent. Not only is the heat playing a role but also chemicals dumbed in million tinnes every second int the ocean

>Scientists believe that phytoplankton contribute between 50 to 85 percent of the oxygen in Earth’s atmosphere.

Good luck surviving without 85% of the worlds oxygen. Also dryness threatens any forest. Rainforest or temperate. portugal and western US doesn't make it a single year without forest fires.

Wait another 20,000 year til it freezes again

>Scientists believe that phytoplankton contribute between 50 to 85 percent of the oxygen in Earth’s atmosphere
and will the phytoplankton decrease at a quick enough rate to directly threaten Canada within the next hundred years?
I just honestly dont think so

Large mammals like humans will not make it a 20.000 years. they are adapted with a few exceptions to colder climates and don't do well in in toxic, hot and dry envirmoents.

>a race that already started conquering space will die because it's hot

yeah this will definitely happen

>and will the phytoplankton decrease at a quick enough rate to directly threaten Canada within the next hundred years?

Probably yes. Assuming we can expect a temperature rise from 3-6 Degrees in 100 years. It's pointless talking to you though. You're looking to prove to yourself that you'll be fine in your lifetime you care absolutley not about the fate of your fellow men or your children. This mentalisty is exactly what lead us into the dilemma.

>climaTe ChaNgE is uNNaTurAL

ok

>>a race that already started conquering space will die because it's hot

How? We haven't even begun adressing the problems of space travel as mammals. How will we deal with massive radiation without the earths magnetic shield? How will prevent tissue dgredation in zero-G? How will the human psyche surive a lifetime of esentially a prison? All these questions are left unsnswered. And by the way, we cannot break light speed. Earth remains the only habitable planet in the solar system.

crackpot theories nigga, you act like nothing can replace the current balance we have right now

Please elaborte.

humans survived when Yellowstone exploded last time and earth was basically fucked, this was an apocalypse kind of natural cataatrophe and yet someone survived even tho humans were a fucking cavemen back then

no matter what happens someone will find a way
sun will destroy earth some day but humans will no longer be here by then, exploring other star systems and shit

for example, something else can take the planktons place that produces some oxygen and changing currents could bring moisture and create forests where we currently have deserts like is happening now.

>what the fuck are we going to do about this?

Hunt more easily accessible bears. Bear meat is good but due to the risk of trichinosis (over 90% of all human cases in North America come from undercooked black bear meat) the meat has to be cooked thoroughly; to an internal temperature of 74°C/165°F. Because of this the meat does not lend itself well to steaks or burgers, I reccomend roasts, smoked hams, stews, and chilis. The fat can be rendered and used for lots of things but only in late season, non-coastal, black and brown bears. Also, due to their almost entirely carnivorous diet polar bear liver is toxic for human consumption as it contains dangerously high iron levels.
Bon Appétit!

1. As the multitude of missions have already proved, a small amount of shielding is required to protect against everything up to solar flares
2. We wouldn't be in 0g, there would be colonies on other planets and moons, to make the effect negligible
3. The human psyche would do just fine, just look at ruralmutts in the US, never venturing outside their shitty home town and still managing to survive. Also,
>Implying realistic VR won't be a thing by then and most people wouldn't be neets fucking AIs over the web

$0.01 has been deposited into your account.

7000 humans survived. And it wasn't yellowstone, it was a volcano in india. That was pure luck from any persepective. In any event, a natural disaster added with billions and billions of other starving humans battleing for food armed with nukes is a whole diffrent topic.

You think a lifeform will magically spring into existance? Sorry you gotte elaborate further I don't speak american education

>1. As the multitude of missions have already proved, a small amount of shielding is required to protect against everything up to solar flares

[Citation needed] American education is really more than a meme at this point. Solar flares penetrate an entire planets magnetic field A PLANETS WORTH. You think a sheet of lead will stop it?

>We wouldn't be in 0g, there would be colonies on other planets and moons, to make the effect negligible

Mars is afaik 0.3 the gravity of earth that isn't neglible. Muscle tissue meant for 70kg individuals will not function the same below 30kg and will degrade over time including heart muscles.

> The human psyche would do just fine, just look at ruralmutts in the US, never venturing outside their shitty home town and still managing to survive

Thanks to rampant alocholism and a very busy schedule. Farmers do not sit around all day. NEETS are the closest to what were talking about and the suicide, depression and laziness rates on that population is alarming.

I'm sorry, should I have added "but not including"?
newsweek.com/sun-solar-flares-giant-magnetic-shield-protect-earth-676736

Climate change denial should be grounds for summary execution
Prove me wrong

>the Earth has an upward warming trend in avg temperature ever since the industrial revolution
>but no climate change is a Chinese hoax

nothing, I can't wait for global warming to kill half of the world but Chile

you'll be forced to move here

Boomers have doomed millenials in so environmentally and financially and there isn't a whole lot we can do about it until they are all dead.

Fuck I wish this website had a last-minute edit button that gives you a few seconds to retype

Nothing it's a Chinese hoax