What did you fucks think of this? I saw it and enjoyed it but never seen cloverfield. Are they connected at all?

What did you fucks think of this? I saw it and enjoyed it but never seen cloverfield. Are they connected at all?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5M7a2OGTj4c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not really, other than existing in the same universe

Good performances, but I really don't want to own it or see it again.

No, it's not even connected to it's own ending.

you have to watch a third movie (coming this fall or winter) to find out what the connection is.

whatever it is, it's retarded.

also the entire movie can fit in 24 minutes: youtube.com/watch?v=5M7a2OGTj4c

Fuck JJ. He knew that there were fans of the first Cloverfield waiting for a sequel and exploited that to sell people on this shit. It was originally called Valencia and was shot and finished before JJ even came along. They just didn't know what to do with it. So in his infinite wisdom, he thought "why don't we reshoot a couple scenes, have a guy wear a slusho t-shirt and call it a Cloverfield anthology movie." I've never seen such blatant jewery in my life.

No. Cloverfield sucks. It will literally give you a headache

Super unrealistic. The moment I had a MEW in my basement, broken arm man would get the boot.

I'd heard it had a twist ending or whatever and that actually helped keep up the tension and ambiguity for me.

Yeah I've heard many people didn't like it and it doesn't look to great to me

The problem with knowing there's a twist ending that's the focus of the film:
a. twist ruins the movie, and you never watch the movie again.
or
b. twist surprises the hell out of you, you watch the movie a second time to catch all the clues, and you never watch the movie again.

Yeah many people hated it, I didn't really mind it that much. I can see why people hated it though.

This.

10CL is an enjoyable film, but I'd never re watch it in the next 10 years. Cloverfield on the other hand is extremely re-watchable in my opinion. I've probably seen it about 10 times since release.

Has absolutely nothing to do with Cloverfield. I don't understand why they had to blatantly lie to people when this movie was really good on its own.

Was Goodmankino.

The tonal shift in last ten minutes. It causes the movie to be all over the place due to studio fuckery.
pretty funny when she realizes Howard was right

It's a 8/10. Slightly better than Cloverfield.

comfycore

arguably the entire point of the movie

The ending dragged on for me. It could've ended it with the shot of the first UFO flying over the cornfield and been so much better, but they had to make it clear that they wanted to do a sequel, I guess.

I thought it was a good movie.

Am i the only one who thinks Cloverfield is an absolutely masterpiece? I watched it at least 10 times. Btw i'm smashed af brod i think im gonna pass out help me i almost got into a terrible fight but im home now

The whole time I kept thinking about fucking the living shit out of that girl. Then it got boring then in the end it seemed cool but then it ended.

lmao, she's great

This movie made me realize how good her ass and legs actually look. All those struggling on the crutches scenes were too good. I always thought she was just tall and lanky until this.

yeah i really enjoyed it.

funny thing though, when watching it i didnt even see MEW as "hot" and such, she was just some chick, but when watching fargo i immediately waifu'd her, and later realized its the same actress.

It's a great ride, cashed in on the 9/11 emotions which I always thought worked well. Really rewatchable if you don't get motion sick.

This. Everyone should know this. Abrams is a shithead. It was called The Cellar though.

never watched any of these either
whats the watch order

TheHELP ME etching never gets addressed. The ending was tacked on.

>never gets addressed
would you like to try using your brain?

Good movie ruined by it's shit ending.

It's not even the twist of the finale that ruins it, it's the follow-up to the twist that sucks. If the film had just ended with her gaping up into the camera in shock before cutting to black it would have been fine.

>le twist ending
Stop saying this shit. It's not a twist when the characters are literally spelling it out for you the entire time.
Same thing with that pile of shit "Split"

I prefer to be spoon-fed.