I was more hyped than most people for this and I didn't even know it came out...

I was more hyped than most people for this and I didn't even know it came out. Why isn't this getting more advertising/press/attention? Makes me really worried, the first two are kino I rewlly hope this one is good.

I've seen plenty of marketing where I live user. Also its projected to be #1 at B.O. this weekend so I wouldn't worry.

Saw it today. Pretty much a perfect end to to the trilogy. Rise will always be my favourite of the 3 but this was better than Dawn.

the more advertising a movie has the worst its going to be
good movies are promoted by word of mouth

War was shitty, worst of the 3.

I'm willing to believe it doesn't reach the heights of the first two, but I don't believe it was shitty. Was it really?

Wrong. Best looking of the three and it had some of the more emotionally heavy moments, even if they are a little hamfisted.

It was advertised pretty heavily. I saw more about this than either of the previous ones.

I saw the title and then saw the first scene and expected a war movie with humans against gorillas. Instead i got a bland and contrived story along with 45 minutes of moronic leftist propaganda. They also spent the entire movie humanizing the apes as much as possible while dehumanizing the humans as much as possible. The little girl is also fucking retarded, she got sad and teary-eyed over a dead monkey but didn't even wince when her own father got murdered.

Terrible shitty movie will not rewatch.

I'm not that guy but, yeah, it's really really bad.
The whole film meanders around and has one "big" idea to share: ape and human are more alike than either will admit but the Man of today is doomed to self-annihilate.

Whether it's explicit or with visual cues, the film just repeats the same message over.

The music is forgettable, the dialogue moves the story nothing more, there is one real action set piece in a "war for..." titled movie and Woody is criminally underused.

It is shit. And I loved the first two so I'm very disappointed.

I was interested in seeing it, but I've heard some troubling things.

The female apes get to do sign language and shit. They're obviously too dumb to speak because of science

Oh god really? Fuck this stupid freak of society

marketing could be pretty bad for some films, films like alien covenant tried to market the fucking xenomorph while the plot was more on David's curiosity to create the perfect organism, this film didn't want people going in thinking it was a literal war movie

>War of the planet of the apes
>War
>Its fucking nothing
Its honestly mind boggling how this movie hasn't got more negative reception but I guess movie goers today have goldfish memory

Well looks like you got the "idea" (?) wrong. Also the music is wonderful and the dialogue is perfectly fine for a summer blockbuster.

That Covenant poster was incredibly good marketing for me

It was a bit disappointing. As others have said, I have no idea why it was called War. Dawn had a more impactful battle/war than this whole movie. The movie had some sloppy writing as well. For example, why the fuck would a guard go into the cage with monkey's after they throw shit at him. Dawn and Rise felt solid and cohesive and flowed well from one to the other. War feels more abrupt and standalone.

I feel like the "War" title is gonna bite this film in the ass. It's more of a Logan-esque final mission type deal. The conflict between humans and apes imo is more of a secondary conflict. the main focus, at least in terms of the quality of the writing, was on Caesar being both guilt-ridden over Koba's death and trying to stay decent and not turn to violence because of the hate he felt.

It's basically Caesar being faced with the question of whether he's going to allow himself to turn into Koba. That stuff's okay. The problem is that because there's so much other shit going on, when the other things resolve to make way for Caesar's narrative, some people might see it as overly convenient. Might make the movie feel predictable. That's not necessarily a bad thing. It's just that I think this film has issues with scope. I liked how small Logan felt in comparison.

It's a decent film. Problem is people won't talk about it prolly. And the ones that do will hoot and holler more than the fucking apes when they go on about "muh acting" and "muh oscar for serkis when". That's gonna be the annoying shit.

Dawn > Rise > War

They're all great though. Best trilogy since Star Wars, and I say that without a hint of irony.

War > Dawn > Rise

I like them all, but when you watch them back to back, the increase in quality becomes clear from film to film