What are those black tank things on the roof? I see them a lot in developing countries

What are those black tank things on the roof? I see them a lot in developing countries.

they are literally water, they don't have access to the pipes water so yeah.

Water storage tanks

how does the water get there, just rain water? can you not shower if you run out?

Well the quantity of water you use is measured for billing by the water company. So we open the connection from the street's pipe to our house, let the tank fill up, then close the pipe. That way the water isn't constantly flowing into our house, and water bill at the end of the month is substantially lower.

Just third world things

a truck comes regularly to fill it, some houses here have this.

which country is it ???

Anywhere between Oregon and New York, USA

Shouldn't you be in Haiti smugly handing out food aid?

why so edgy, ahmed?

Lima, Peru.

I have one?
It's a hot water storage tank, is it not?
A lot of Americans have these...

They're water tanks, here in Mexico almost all of them are from some brand called Rotoplas
Um, they're connected to the water supply here.

Why are you so rude?

Water storage. The one I had fills up automatically when water flows into the house from the main. Once it starts overflowing you turn off the valve to the main. Comes in handy during water shortages. Alot in the Caribbean

Shield generators. Be careful though. If they're down, terrorists can kamikaze your bridge.

we have water tanks too
it's just that ours are found inside the house and are heated

what if it leaks?
we have them around the side of the house outside usually

Don't know about other cunts but here we don't get running water 24/7. Instead we get water for 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour in the evening. So almost every house has these tanks which fills up automatically when the water comes in from the main line.

Is it drinkable water?

Jesus, and I thought Bulgaria is a shithole. I would unironically sue the local government if they don't provide water 24/7.

No. We have a separate RO system installed for drinking water.

You're still a European country. Miles ahead of any other shithole from some other part of the world.

>I would unironically sue the local government if they don't provide water 24/7.
Are you a commie or something? Water is a luxury not a right.

the water literally streams down from the mountain.
we usually waste more than 20m3 of water a month. if its a luxury, I would refuse participating in the current society.

Interesting. How many types of water do you get? Or just drinkable and non-drinkable?
>Water is a luxury
That's kinda sad oetz. Maybe I'm just used to the luxury of it.

Future wars will be for water not oil.

There's only one type of water user. I guess the water that we get two times a day is "drinkable" cause a lot of the families don't have an water filtration system installed. They just fill it up in earthen pots (Matki) or copper vessels and drink that up. But many families have installed a water purification system in their homes.

*tips ushanka*

why are you even looking at lima, peru?

Looks like an interesting place.

Ah I get it now, thanks. We get it already filtered so I don't really think about how that would affect other regions in the world.

Are you serious?
Whenever I take a shit I leave the faucet and shower running at max pressure and max heat, just so the room gets a little hotter and nobody hears me fart. And I generally spend around 30 minutes playing mad skills motocross 2 on my phone while on the toilet

I live in a big city now (and always have running water) but that used to be the case, too in my small hometown, it might have changed though.