Greetings Sup Forums! Four years ago...

Greetings Sup Forums! Four years ago, various anons from here joined forces to put together an indie comic anthology called Premier Pulp. The magazine released eight issues and ran until 2014, when it went on a long hiatus. However, the time is right for the project to return!

In order to help rebuild our readership and find newer contributors, I will be storytiming several issues for everyone to read. More information about the project will be available in the following posts.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/0tD9RZu8RQWWHeds
premierpulp.wordpress.com/
premiercomics.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/premierpulp
premierpulp.wordpress.com/submission-details/
teeroygreen.tumblr.com/
mailorderclone.tumblr.com/
dustinscrazywackydoodles.tumblr.com/
jamilsart.tumblr.com/
taleofjaspergold.tumblr.com/post/131603758664
comixology.com/Al-Sirois/comics-creator/83111
bugdoodles.tumblr.com/
planetofjunk.tumblr.com/
maliciousalice.tumblr.com/
neuralneutrality.deviantart.com/
oscartk.co.uk/
kaileighblue.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you want to get involved and contribute something to the upcoming 2016 issue, get in touch with us at our Discord server: discord.gg/0tD9RZu8RQWWHeds

You can get onto Discord through your browser and a desktop client. We used to have an irc chat but it's dead nowadays.

Our main website is currently under renovations, so I'll direct everyone to our other sites.

Wordpress: premierpulp.wordpress.com/
-> Contains past issues as well as information on contributing

Tumblr: premiercomics.tumblr.com/

Twitter: twitter.com/premierpulp

Q: So what the hell is this?
A: An indie comic anthology that got started on Sup Forums back in 2012. The goal is to get beginners making comics and to help people team up to work on making comics.

Q: How does this magazine work?
A: We run on a deadline system over a period of several months. There's an entry deadline, two progress deadlines, and a final deadline. Currently we're looking at September 5th for the next entry deadline.

Q: Do contributors get paid for this?
A: Nope. I understand if not everyone is willing to do something like this without being paid, but every contributor I've talked to has said it's helped them greatly to becoming better at making comics.

Q: What kind of comics do you accept?
A: Read this blog post: premierpulp.wordpress.com/submission-details/ Pay attention to the technical requirements in particular, we want the comics to run to be uniform in format.

Q: Do you have to both draw and write to get something in the magazine?
A: Nope, you can be just a writer and have someone else draw it for you. Many past contributions were team efforts. Many artists feel their writing isn't great, so teaming up with someone confident in their abilities can help them a lot.

Q: What skill level do I need to be at to contribute?
A: We welcome complete beginners. If you've never made a comic before, work with us and see how much you can learn. I can't guarantee we'll run your comic but you'll be able to ask for feedback from everyone and our staff during the process.

The first comic today shall be Light Reading by Troy Green.

Keep up the good work cielo

You can follow Troy Green online here: teeroygreen.tumblr.com/

This one pager is the Exhilarating Life of a Bullet, by MOC and Troy Green.

MOC: mailorderclone.tumblr.com/
Troy Green: teeroygreen.tumblr.com/

Next up is an installment in Nancy 'n' Winston by Dustin! Make sure to check out Urchin when it gets released.

You can follow Dustin online here:

dustinscrazywackydoodles.tumblr.com/

This is 10k/b by rocko. I haven't heard from him in years so I hope he's alright.

Keep it up OP, this is some good stuff

Glad you're enjoying it.

Unfortunately rocko doesn't have a site to follow

Next up is Gingerbread Knight by Jamil "Milktea" G.

bmp

Brutal.

He does know he's food, right?

You can follow Jamil online here:

jamilsart.tumblr.com/

And read his new webcomic, The Tale of Jasper Gold, here:

taleofjaspergold.tumblr.com/post/131603758664

We're all food

Next up is Power Surge by Al Sirois.

BUMPING

You can learn more about Al here: comixology.com/Al-Sirois/comics-creator/83111

Next up is ZURK by PuntSpeedchunk

Punt currently doesn't have a site right now.

It's time for the Lovely Ladbug!

This seems really cool but I won't be reading now. Maybe in the morning. Good luck user.

Thanks user. The thread should last over the weekend so read it when you can.

This feels like an issue of Heavy Metal. Amateurish, but in a good way. Like raw talent that hasn't been refined yet mixed in with some duds, but refreshingly different.

Yeah, I'm getting that vibe too.
There's some good stuff here; as well as some stuff that could be good with a bit of polish.

Thanks anons.

So this issue featured
Ladybug - bugdoodles.tumblr.com/
Dibale - No site I know of
Mindwipe - planetofjunk.tumblr.com/
Malicious Alice - maliciousalice.tumblr.com/
Neural Neutrality - neuralneutrality.deviantart.com/

Just finished reading. Thanks OP I had no idea about this. I would love to contribute to the next set of stories, but I have to partner up with an artist since my only redeeming quality is being able to write.

So far I have only written long winded horror/thriller stories, so I think writing a short story for this would be refreshing.

Stop by the Discord server and introduce yourself: discord.gg/0tD9RZu8RQWWHeds

What I'll usually do is grab your email and a website with your stuff on it to keep you posted.

It can be tricky for a writer to find an artist to partner with, but some basic tips to follow would be:

1.) Actually write your stuff out. Don't pitch ideas, get scripts done and show them to people.
2.) Don't be afraid to write something specifically to an artist's strengths/tastes.
3.) Don't get discouraged if you can't find a partner. Most artists who partnered up in a past issue will be willing to partner up again in the future.

That was Golden Gate by PoshAlligator and KaileighBlue.

Posh: oscartk.co.uk/
KB: kaileighblue.tumblr.com/

bump

I'm heading to bed, leave your questions here for me and I'll get back to them when I wake up.

some of these? pretty dang legit
others? kinda meh

Bumo