Tfw people find nothing wrong with this

>tfw people find nothing wrong with this

But nothing is wrong with it

What's wrong with this again?

fuckers

The part that confuses me about WW and similar characters is that, if she's willing to use lethal methods to try and solve problems as swiftly as possible with minimal losses, why not just use a gun?

With her agility, one clip could instantly clear that whole room of soldiers.

She's not trained for it and she's too much of a purist to learn.

What's wrong with Captain America?

Agreed, Simon Baz was right.

Because guns are for pussies.

Not OP here, but I'm guessing what's wrong with it is that whoever's got the gun is firing directly at the shield and not her legs. I mean she isn't even moving the thing around.

Because she lives in a society of women who worship roman or greek gods, they're literally 2000-3000 years behind because men are smarter and they hate men.

>not even Sup Forums

Why do people care so little about Wonder Woman?

>Papa loves mombo

Nah, he's just bitching about WW fighting in a real war with shields and swords instead of using just a lasso and throwing a tiara around.

at this point I'm sure you're just trying to piss me off

Whats gonna be the threat in this movie when we already know she survives and is bullet proof and can cause a goddam cataclysm

Her boots are armored so it's not like that would do anything.

>we already know she survives and is bullet proof and can cause a goddam cataclysm
How is that any different from any other superhero movies? user, plot and tension don't just boil down to whether the main character survives or not.

I might be. You genuinely think it would be better if she was throwing tiaras like boomerangs, don't you? Heh, you guys are pretty funny.

This might be bait but since Sup Forums is legitimately retarded I'm gonna take the risk and illustrate (again)

lol are you serious? Not that guy but seriously?

Why wouldn't I be serious?

It's like making Superman shoot heat beams with his hands because through his eyes is too silly

You really think they aren't going to have a couple scenes where she blocks something with her bracers?

They might. They are still focusing on the shield, making her deflect bullets with the sword when the bracelets are just some inches away, and only showing those two things in the trailer, specially the scene where deflecting bullets is the focus (with the shield).

Sorry Gramps but it ain't the 60s anymore.

That's been a constant criticism of WW. The answer will always be "she'll just block it." I mean, she deflects bullets with her bracelets all the time, don't act like she can't.

>Wonder Woman should do something wildly inconvenient and unnecessary when she has better tools readily available

And now you get why the shield is the worst addition to the character ever

It's different when you've got a barrage of bullets coming at you as opposed to one guy shooting you like in most comics. She blocked Doomsday's blast with her bracers in BvS, and Patty Jenkins seems to understand her character far better than Snyder so I wouldn't doubt they'll have some bullet bracer blocking in the movie.

On a side note, how miserable is your life that you actively look for things to complain about? You just got a surprisingly good looking Wonder Woman trailer for the first time ever and you'd rather nitpick stupid shit.

C'mon, even modern hack writers like the Finches still know they have to write her deflecting things with the bracelets

I get that you're a nostalgia fag.

You don't actually do a lot of fine aiming when firing at advancing enemies coming out of the trenches, you just fire and mow them down. You definitely don't start aiming when there's a fucking demigod with a sword and shield coming at you and batting mortars out of the air.

I bet you like bullet proof Wonder Woman, so of course it wouldn't bother you

>respecting a main skill of the character that has been there for 75 years and still is present in any other media is being nostalgiafag

Wonder Woman is my favorite superhero. I'm just not one of you not muh fags that has an aneurysm while making assumptions over 2 minutes of footage.

>hey check out this here Wonder Woman
>her personality is true to her strong yet caring nature and she's from an island of warrior women and everything
>"BUT SHE'S NOT USING HER BRACERS REEEEEEEE"
Its just not important.

>If it's half ok then it's all great

>If its not exactly the same then its SHIT
This is why capefags are the worst. You don't care about the characters or what's good you just care about nitpicky bullshit and run away from change like a basement dweller runs from sunlight.

It's funny that I didn't say "IT'S ALL WRONG"

This is something I think is wrong and unnecessarily so, and what really bugs me is how nobody seem to care, nobody even REMEMBERS she uses bracelets, as seen in this thread

There are things done right as well. Doesn't excuse things done wrong.

See

I was waiting for that moment during the entire trailer.

Because they're fucking retarded and think she should be like in the OP and be female Kratos.

I'd seriously rather no one care about Wonder Woman than to see her turn to this bullshit. It's fucking infuriating.

After I'm done storytiming Rucka's Wonder Woman, I'm posting the Perez run. This board needs to learn.

Like I said its just not that important. I could watch a whole Captain America movie without seeing him bounce the shield of the wall and it would be fine (he totally does though and its super sick every time).

Would it be fine if he deflected the bullets with vibranium bracelets instead of his shield and that happened for most of the time?

Why would he use bracelets to deflect bullets that sounds fucking retarded. Now if he took what was in those bracelets and made them into a shield to protect himself that would be a thing to do.

Why would he carry something heavy and clunky around if he can do it without it?

Portability matters.

>super strength
>a normal size shield is heavy and clunky
>carrying a shield is harder than moving your arms at the speed of sound to block a barrage of machine gun fire

>something heavy

They've both got super-strength, fool.

It is clunky, and uncomfortable
Besides, a shield doesn't allow you to see ahead when you're hiding behind it. This gives advantage to enemies.

You're overstating the difficulty of carrying a shield on your back. Ever wear a bookbag?
>a shield doesn't allow you to see ahead when you're hiding behind it. This gives advantage to enemies
Its called spatial awareness dweeb.

>waaah waaah the shield hurts my tiny wrists
>just let me deflect bullets with my wrists instead!

And why would I wear a bookbag on my back if I can wear nothing at all?

But that's not even the point, you just moved the conversation to utility when it's about characterization

According to an old set report, there's a scene in the WW movie where she deflects a bullet with her bracelets and it hits a German soldier, killing him.

>And why would I wear a bookbag on my back if I can wear nothing at all?
Cause you're gonna have to carry all your heavy textbooks in your hands.

>But that's not even the point, you just moved the conversation to utility when it's about characterization
Like I said its not an important factor for her characterization. As long as Cap is a good, honest and strong willed blond blue eyed aryan I'm happy. Also that he has his shield cause that's totally important. You should count yourself lucky Wondy still got her lasso.

This is another thing that upsets me. When she does use it, it's to kill random guys. It's also two soldiers, not just one.

Why are people in this thread assuming she won't block bullets with her bracelets just because she has a shield? Like she can't lose her shield at some point during the movie. If you're gonna nitpick then you should complain about the fact that she needs to block bullets, if she can go up against Doomsday then she's obviously bulletproof.

But I won't need to carry any textbooks. That's completely different. You're getting lost in your allegories.

And characterization is more than personality.

And yeah, it is lucky that she's using the lasso, and isn't that sad? Using her iconic acessories, which includes the bracelets as one of the most important things, is a matter of luck.

Bracelets instead of shield is so much more exciting that even in the crappy failed pilot the scene actually gets me more hyped.
She can also advance instead of standing there getting shot at.

>But I won't need to carry any textbooks. That's completely different. You're getting lost in your allegories.
You mean analogies. And it totally works. A [bookbag]/[shield] you wear on your back is for [carrying books]/[blocking bullets]. Without the [bookbag]/[shield] you'll need to [carrying books]/[blocking bullets] with your [hands]/[bracelets]. See?

>And characterization is more than personality.
It's certainly more than corny feats of skill. Go a ahead and feel free to be disappointed if Wondy doesn't block the bullets how you like. That doesn't mean on that virtue alone it'll be a bad movie or a bad depiction of Wonder Woman. I'm sure there will be lots of other reasons for it to be bad.

>implying that didn't look completely fucking retarded
>implying she can't advance even easier with a shield, since she won't have to focus on moving her arms at superspeed to deflect bullets
>implying she won't be deflecting with her wrists after she's lost the shield or been forced to use it to take out a tank or some shit, using them as a last resort type thing

>Go a ahead and feel free to be disappointed if Wondy doesn't block the bullets how you like. That doesn't mean on that virtue alone it'll be a bad movie or a bad depiction of Wonder Woman.

And I never say that, have I? It also doesn't mean it doesn't affect the quality of the depiction. It brings it down.

>>implying that didn't look completely fucking retarded

it didn't, if you ignore the not-final-quality of the effects

>It also doesn't mean it doesn't affect the quality of the depiction. It brings it down.
You'll have to explain to me why its such an essential part of her character then. What makes it such a core part of her that no adaptation can do without it?

>that little slide
I thought she was gonna kick something but then she just got up.

It is one of her main skills, along with the use of the lasso and strenght.

Her very origin story has the bracelets as a central part of it, during the contest. Bullets and bracelets is the most important part of the contest, even.

And even in the revised origin by Perez it is a pivotal moment in the "trial of the thunder".

It is something she has done since forever and is known by. It's actually probably more consistent than anything else about her.

Like I said, it's like changing Superman's heat vision to his hands.

>The character will just do this reaction to this non-retarded move the badguys will do anyway
>So, clearly, it's okay if they fire like absolute morons so that the actress doesn't have to just ever so slightly even move the damn shield they're all firing at.

Well, thank god. Because there's a sane response to them doing something that makes sense, they have free reign to do something that just looks stupid and is actually less dynamic and interesting for a movie.

Why are you assuming there's no bracelet defecting in the movie? We've already seen her do it in BvS.

It actually did.

I'm saying it's being sidelined for no reason
It seems they are way more interested in the bracelets clashing attack

Hopefully they show it in future trailers

I'm more concerned about her shockwave attack with them when she slams them together. Did Snyder make that up?

Also, to deflect Doomsday's beam she only needed to stand there with the bracelets crossed. That's not very interesting. And would also make actually more sense to use the shield THEN, specially considering the range of the beam.

The bracelets were literally created to deflect bullets specifically, and she seems to be avoiding just that. Again, for no reason. Deflecting with the sword is like they are doing it on purpose.

So what. I care more about the lasso fighting, which seems to be in the movie. I want her to rope someone into telling the truth.

>The bracelets were literally created to deflect bullets specifically
No they weren't. They were made as a constant reminder of the horrible shit that Hercules did to the Amazons. They're literally bondage bracelets.

I'm not talking about narratively. I'm talking about their actual use. Marston wanted her to deflect bullets.

And suppose the lasso doesn't make people tell the truth... wouldn't that be a flaw in the characterization?

Actually, reminds me of the failed pilot, where the lasso made people tell the truth but she prefered to torture them.

In the BvS special features they spend minutes talking about the shield and how they made it, but I think they don't even mention the bracelets. Maybe other than "she has bracelets".

>Did Snyder make that up?
Of course he did. He probably liked the Vibranium concept from the Marvel universe and ripped it off for Wondy.

No. If she's not a loving and compassionate person who's naive about man's world and the Great War, then that's a flaw in the characterization. Most people probably don't even know what the lasso does, just think that it's her signature weapon.

wut

They aren't similar at all. Do you guys honestly think every studio just watches Marvel movies all day looking for things to copy?

So.. she is basically immortal and with hundreds of years now? that sucks. Her simplicity is what made her interesting.

Eh, Wonder Woman's backstory compared to Superman or Batman's has always seemed pretty complicated.

Has Snyder said why he made Diana over 5000 years old in her origin movie? It really stretches disbelief that she'd be as naive as she seems in the WW trailer.