ITT:General hero questions and recs

Anyone feel free to ask about anything you're wondering or recommend anything you'd like. I'll help as much as I can as well.

As for me, I just tried reading Kevin Smith's Green Arrow and didn't like it all. The only other GA book I've tried reading was the old GL/GA issues, which I really liked. What does Sup Forums recommend for him? I've looked forward in the covers and see that he fights Riddler at some point, was that any good?

Oh, and I really liked his son for the short time he was in Morrison's JLA, does he have any cool stories?

Just try Grell's GA.

Is Crispus Allen as Spectre any good?

What are some great marvel comics that arent gay

Check out X-Factor (2006)
But read the prequel first, Madrox (2004)

Longbow Hunters
Lemire's run
Archer's Quest

Anyone got any recs for Dick and Damian relationship stuff?

Batman and Robin is pretty much it
Maybe Dini's stuff covers it a little, I vaguely remember an arc where Damien is captured and put into a child fighting ring and I think Dick comes and saves him.

Aside from Sword of the Atom, what are some good Ray Palmer stories or issues?

It was okay, if you can get past Spectre with a goatee

Bump, Any good comics with Chamber? Just finished x-men legacy.

The new Nightwing Rebirth Comics are supposed to have Damian as supporting character, so far there's just 2 issues, Damian has a mayor appearance at the first and nothing at the second.
Be warned that you need to read Robin Wars, Nightwing new 52 and Grayson before it.
Pic related, it's from Nightwing Rebirth #1
(Also, what a -Dick-, they ARE brothers, but I also love their relationship)

Seconding Lemire's run OP

When Batman first meets the Joker in Death of the Family, the Joker states that he's doing again what he did when they just met, something about drowning people. Any idea in which comic happens?

Batman: The Man Who Laughs, all those repeat crimes it talks about are from this

L.E.G.I.O.N. and R.E.B.E.L.S.
You can start with the Invasion miniseries if you want but you really don't have to. Its got a ton of Lobo if you like him, they're basically a mercenary/rentacop version of Green Lanterns and several times more kick ass because they're run by Brainiac's clone.

Trigger warning the ending will make you hate new52 so so so so so much more because it's the reason there isn't one. But the trip off the cliff is a hulluva journey

Thanks user, I'll go read that

Whats up with John Byrne's New Gods and Jack Kirby's Fourth World runs? I know they lead into Walt Simonson's Orion and nothing else.

I never hear them talked about in either Byrne's good work or his bad work. Same with his OMAC

Aside from The man who Laughs, The Cult and The Killing Joke, which other pre-new 52 stories are relevant or mentioned on New 52 all Batman run?

IIRC, GA and Riddler faced off three times. The first time was... not a long encounter.

The second, the "City Walls" story in 2004, was pretty good.

The third time they met was a fucking terrible Riddler story, but I don't know how it was from a GA perspective.

Bump

Instead of reading whatever's still cannon, which is arbitrary and could change at any time, just go read all the famous/good stuff. Start with the batman by Neal Adams collections (include the first talia and ra's stories)and go forward from there.

Meant to respond to

Morrison's Batman and Robin, but there are cameos in a bunch of different Batbooks

Damian's 2-for-2 in Seeley's Nightwing so far

I want to know about Justice Society and some of their characters like Starman, Stargirl, Doctor Mid Nite, Hourman, Liberty Belle and Hawkman. General JSA would also be appreciated. Charlton Comics characters in general would be good too. Is Hal Jordan silver age and written by Johns worth reading?

Outsiders and Legion of Superheroes

Thanks user, I've read all new 52 Batman stuff but there's still some stuff I didn't understand because they were talking about old stuff...

Speaking of Damian, did he just left Bruce without saying a word for the Robin: Son of Batman story?
I've read all issues and it seems so unreal that Batman would be "ok" if just one day his crazy son never came back until the day he died.

Johns' JSA is pretty good. Robinson's Starman. Johns' Hawkman tried to untangle his origin, among other things, and it's good.
I've only read Batman and the Outsiders so far. It's decent read, even if villains are little underwhelming.

Robinson/Johns JSA
Johns Justice Society of America

Silver Age GL is lovely, Johns GL is also good

Should I also look at other lanterns and what lantern titles should I avoid?

You mean the more recent ones or just in general? In the 90s Mosaic and Guy Gardner were good, pre Flashpoint GLC was good, after Flashpoint Larfleeze and Sinestro were good

In general. Also, the general Emerald Twilight/Parallax shit. Is it good or bad

here
Go fuck yourself. Brainiac 8 is a little bitch and LoS should habe been the one for nu52 to fuck over.