Am I the only one who thinks if they cut out the boring CGI war bullshit and just made it about Sam and Frodo the flick...

Am I the only one who thinks if they cut out the boring CGI war bullshit and just made it about Sam and Frodo the flick would of been better?

Yes

the cgi gollum stuff was shit too

No.

>Am I the only one
>would of

Cut all the shit cgi out, trim down to 90 minutes, perfect film.

Fuck all of you Lotr was amazing, every part of it. The high water mark of movie making.

4 hours to 1.5 hours, sounds about right.

The ghost army was stupid though, and the lack of farms in Minas Thirith.

Holy shit I fucking love Lord of the Rings

Fuck the hobbit

yeah, and hour and a half of Sam and Frodo sharing loads would be absolute kinography.

It would be impossible to flesh out Sam and Frodo's story any more without having them blatantly fucking.....

I like Lord of the Rings alright, but it's pretty clear to see, in the books and movies both.... that those niggas were gay. Give them any more screen time and that's the only thing they could do with it.

Well, as common as it is to shit upon CG, it's about the only way to make battles on that scale without costing 100 million for an hour of screen time. It enabled them to do some things that wouldn't otherwise be possible...

And them switching to HD as the norm around 2005, meant the effects made before that point look particularly primitive to our now-spoiled eyes.

BUT that being said, I think the battles were the high point of LotR, just as they were in the Star Wars prequels (not saying prequels were good, but the battles were fun).

I'd say the biggest problem with LotR is they tried to be TOO faithful to the books and included too much content (though they cut a ton for the cinematic release). They suffer from major momentum problems as a big battle is lining up and you think it's about to pop off and then they go on an hour-long tangent about the ancillary character's sub plots.

I think they could have trimmed each of the movies down to 2 hours and then they'd be tight movies that move, and even when they're slow it's because they're building to something.

And another thing, at least two of the movies (it's been a while since I seen them) have the climax of the movie and then an hour+ of slow dialogue that goes nowhere after. Climax should be the end, if there's needs be an epilogue, it should be no greater than 15 minutes.

They are good movies, masterpieces in their own way. But they could have been a lot better if they edited them down a bit.

But of course the LotR purists want every damn detail from the book and even the extended cut isn't good enough for them.

*would have

The real question, is who would be the pitching and who would be the catching?

I'm inclined to think Sam, though clearly the bitch of the two in day to day life, would actually be pitching....

Am I the only one who thinks?

>Am I the only one
Nope

Kill yourself Reddit

I hated the ghost army too.

actually the worse parts of the trilogy are all the romantic "ohhh, SOMMM" "ooh, mester frudu" faggotry

No, Tolkien would have agreed.

>And them switching to HD as the norm around 2005, meant the effects made before that point look particularly primitive to our now-spoiled eyes.

No, everything done practically in old movies looks as good as ever on Blu Ray. O'Brien, Harryhausen and Derek Meddings' work all stands up. Metropolis remains gorgeous. Only CGI looks like ass. Did you know, Revenge of the Sith was mastered as a RealVideo file? Now, that's not true, but it's nearly true, isn't it?

My dear faggot Sam