How would you feel about a new Batman animated serial with the art style and tone of TAS?

How would you feel about a new Batman animated serial with the art style and tone of TAS?

What would you want to see from it?

Make it darker than the old show with not only new stories, but some adaptations intwined into the story.

Ever since The Killing Joke movie came out I can't stop thinking that it would have been much better if it was part of a series or something. The graphic novel works perfectly on its own, but adapting it to film simply did not work without new information needing to be given (batgirl arc). If it was instead part of a tv show, the batgirl arc could have easily been its own thing with The Killing Joke coming in the next episode. The only reason I would see it not working is because it would have to give a definitive answer to weather or not Batman killed The Joker

bump

Morrison's run, basically.

I would love to see a story staring DickBat and Damien, with the general concept being that the usual cast is all getting older and moving in different directions. With Bruce out of the picture (for whatever reason), which of his usual villains retire or move on to becoming an antagonist for Dick or Tim? I think it'd be a good way of having something new and different while not completely abandoning old fan favorites.

I'd also love to see Detective Riddler in a series, with a healthy helping of Gotham City Sirens shenanigans.

And no Joker.

I like either of these

They need to show full penetration.

A continuation, the years following the death of the Joker and the collapse of the relationships. Will never do it, would be grim as hell, but it would be amazing.

Batman gets a new Power, where he can smell crime, so it goes like this, a 3 episode miniseries
Crime, penetration, crime, penetration crime, FULL penetration, crime Penetration, and it goes on and on like that for 90 minutes or so untill it just sort of ends...

I think a darker Batman cartoon on Adult Swim would do great. The movies are doing well enough. Why not a television show?

I don't want it to have the same art style of BTAS. It should have its own identity. New voice for Batman, Joker, etc.

I honestly want to see more of The Batman, Brave and the Bold, or Beware. I'm kind of fed up with B:TAS.

bump

>Roddy McDowall is dead
>They'd have to recast the Mad Hatter

Has there actually ever been a Batman serial on television?

what?

More Pulp. Less Superhero. Imagine the Mission Impossible Series except its Batman. Art Deco with German Expressionism while reflecting the Great Depression.

>except its Batman

Like, an episode to episode formatted show where each episode impacts the next. I never really watched many of the tv shows, but the ones I did all had episodes with self contained stories

bump

more Tim, extend the Batfam, bring in Cass, Steph, Harper and Gotham Girl
because the more waifus for Drake's harem, the better

I would do the completely opposite of the original TAS, I would focus on larger arcs and adapt famous storylines of the comics, present the Bat-Family, etc.

I want this to be a major plot point

Not trying to recapture old glory by getting Timm and Co back on board. Give the reigns to someone new. Do some punk, Paul Pope style Batman, like some Dorohedoro-meets-Jet-Grind-Radio shit.

this, but not just Morrison's run, but Morrison's whole thesis on the character. So the first season he's the dark Finger Batman fighting Universal horror monsters and mobsters. Second season enter Dick Grayson, lighter tone, colourful villains, wacky silver age sci fi stories thrown in for good measure. Then Dick goes to college and Bruce is living in his pad in the city and he's the sexy swashbuckling O'Neil/Adams Batman, and it's darker again. Then you have your Jason Todd/Tim Drake and everything goes wrong. No Man's Land, Death in the Family, Knightfall etc. Then you start at the beginning of Morrison Batman, he goes to Nanda Parbat and does the isolation experience and he comes out as a more stable, logical Batman.

At least bump with image.

Seriously, not necessarily agreeing with your second point but new interesting takes would be nice.

Eh, I'd rather someone new take a different, but similarly bold take on the Batman (or any superhero really) mythos. I liked Brave and the Bold a lot, but I think we haven't yet seen a series that takes such a definitive look at a superhero like TAS did for Batman.

we've had enough batman animated shows at this point. give me something different.

batman, spider-man, and x-men aren't the only supers who could carry a show desu.

Fuck that. Just give me The Shadow: TAS already.

>enough batman
oh boy youre not going to enjoy the next few years

I'd rather they do their own thing than just aping TAS.

You mean they should take one of our old favorites and do what?

>a sequel?
>a reboot?

I can't see how that could fail.

Use the apostrophe key.

He'll still die a virgin

I would like Kevin Conroy to de-age 10 years.

the kiling joke movie sucked ass.
It should had been done 10 years ago with the crew and team behind the BTAS.
Paul Dini, the composer for batman, the voice director and even Timm's art design.