Spider-Man Homecoming Crashing

>Sony/Marvel’s Spider-Man: Homecoming is estimated to file $47.4M in weekend 2 which is lower than the industry expected, but its 60% slide is on par with the second weekend declines of Amazing Spider-Man 2 (-61%) and Spider-Man 3 (-62%).
deadline.com/2017/07/war-for-the-planet-of-the-apes-spiderman-homecoming-box-office-weekend-1202128838/

>Make movie of Spider-Man, Marvel's most popular character.
>Add in RDJ, Marvel's biggest actor and only way MCU films can hit $1bil.
>Connect Spider-Man to the MCU, one of the world's biggest franchises.
>Have paid shills give your movie rave reviews and talk about it 24/7 weeks up to release.
>Open significantly lower than you hope.
>Suffer one of the biggest second week drops in MCU franchise history.
>Likely end lower than BvS and SS domestically, which you spent the better part of the year trashing but still made tons of money.

AHAHA Not even $50mil/movie RDJ can save this movie. "Easy $1bil" GotG2 can't even pass BvS worldwide and is going to get BTFOed by WW who will be Queen of the Summer. SM+IM is likely going to end below BvS and SS domestically. DC's probably going to win another Oscar with WW.

The MCU is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1etvYj6aPqY
youtube.com/watch?v=oIFLtNYI3Ls
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Leave capeshit to me

This movie has Spider-Man and Iron Man and opened $10mil over Wonder Woman. By the end of the second weekend it'll already be behind Wonder Woman. Holy shit. Who knew a solid +1 years of Mouseketeer shitposting would come back to bite them this hard. Karma is real.

Mousecucks and critics. It literally at "93%" only slightly lower than War for the planet of the apes(yes I know the average rating is even lower).

Almost every one of the said the same thing "it's fun and exciting". Nothing about the visuals or editing or cinematography or score.

But watch as next when critics point out every minute flaw in Dunkirk or valerian and give it a negative rating for things they normally straight up ignore in Marvel crap. The audience seems to have less of a pleb taste than critics.

How much is this money goes to Sony?

Almost all of it.

Valerian is literally candy CGI the movie. Dunkirk will get 100% guaranteed.

I saw it, i liked it. On a different but related note, I was looking at some info about Homecoming, and IMDB mentioned that Wilson Fisk, Mister Hyde, and Frank Castle have all been mentioned in the MCU, but i must have missed these references, could someone help me out?

And most MCU films don't even have that. The only thing I would give it an edge is in dialogue.

And Dunkirk will probably settle around high to low 80s because critics as of late have become experts at nitpicking his films.

>“The naysayers and dubious moviegoers reflect overtones of franchise fatigue and ‘what makes this one new?’ There are even bizarre references to racism and comparisons to today’s political and social spectrum,” points out Relish Mix. The social media monitor further adds, “Warhas a real problem with its cast. There really is no social star, although all credit to Andy Serkis for sharing on his Twitter feed and doing a massive amount of PR/interviews for the campaign. Woody Harrelson, the one name the film boasts, is not activated on his Facebook page. Steve Zahn is not activated. And the rest of the cast that is activated is minuscule (1.5M all in).”

What the fuck

FUCKING GOOD. Spider verse when

Pajeets please save us!

>But watch as next when critics point out every minute flaw

Why do critics have a filter over their eyes whenever they review a marvel flick, it baffles me what they let slide when it comes to marvel but would then use the same flaws as a
critique when concerning other movies

TONY SAVE US

OUR FRANCHISE IS FLOPPING

WHO WILL PAY ALL THE SHILLS NOW????

maybe if they stopped making such shitty movies more people would want to go watch them

Spiderman is not a draw

Fisk and castle were both breddy gud villains in the daredevil netflix series, Hyde was in agents of shield

kek
KEK
K E K

It's good that audiences are waking up and seeing legitimately good movies like Apes instead

Not when the movies are shit lel

Honestly I'm saving my money for the Emoji Movie

>talks shit about how MCU movies only hit $1billion with RDJ (already done FOUR times)
>meanwhile not ONE DC movie has hit $1billion even a movie entitled BATMAN v SUPERMAN

>When you should have just called it Ironman 4

Why does Evans have the phoniest laugh? Like he always does the chest hold thing and like he's pissing himself on demand. Atleast Olsen acts like a human being.

Olsen looks at Evans and thinks "wtf are you doing phony stop it".

Olsen and Renner are the only two likeable people in the MCU.

Probably because of the terrible advertising that made the movie look, well, like a Sony movie. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if Sony really was in charge of the advertising.

Deadline is obsessed with Social Media as the true face of advertising now. If it doesn't have social media presence among the cast, they use that as the reason a movie bombs each time.

>>Sony/Marvel’s Spider-Man: Homecoming is estimated to file $47.4M in weekend 2 which is lower than the industry expected, but its 60% slide is on par with the second weekend declines of Amazing Spider-Man 2 (-61%) and Spider-Man 3 (-62%).
D-did these certified, undeniable shills just congratulate themselves because this dumpster fire of a movie is dropping just like TASM2 and SM3, two movies that KILLED their respective franchises?

Movie failed because villain is who-tier. Ive never heard of this vulture guy. What happened to venom/doc oc/ goblin?

> Not one DC movie.

What are TDK and TDKR?

kekek

Th-this is impossible!

DELETE THIS

Meth, it is a good movie and if they do not fuck it iup, the sequel will make money.

>sonyggers

>the sequel

you mean the reboot

>Let me tell you something, Peter. You patent everything or some greasy kike is going to try to steal your work with the help of a dirty Russian immigrant.

Just watch Thor 3 breaking charts. The problem here is Sony, not the mouse.

>Be Marvel
>Getting BTFO in comics
>Getting BTFO in animation
>Getting BTFO in television
>Getting BTFO in video games
>Now getting BTFO in movies, the last place where something with the name Marvel was doing better than its competition.
>Ignore TDK and TDKR's $1bil.
>Desperately cling to RDJ's rapidly fading star power and Disney's legion of bloggers to inflate their RT score and serve as their media attack force.
I've never seen something so

JUST
U
S
T

The problem is Spider-Man. Millenials hate him and Marvel's in house decisions have really made his entire core base furious since they put Dan Slott in charge of Amazing way back when.

I liked it but I don't think there was enough hype and good marketing. People glaze over a bit with spiderman because it's been done so many times and the trailers weren't 'epic' enough or 'hilariously quippy enough'. It was a tough sell.
It seemed closer to antman in it's vibe even though spiderman's such a big hitter. Better than antman though but didn't feel very big and not like the 'mustsee movie of the summer' like some of the other marvel films

all the shilling and the "critics" claiming that tom holland is the real spider man
in the end sam raimi's films spoke for themselves

so you're saying the movie can only be enjoyed on meth?

You mean Gen Z.
The movie was subpar, I rewatched SM1 and SM2 and the shills saying HC is better should just neck themselves.

>the way they talk about it like it's a massive success
I hope they're paid.

>over $300m in just over a week
>hasn't even opened in china, germany, japan etc.

Yeah it's really fallen flat on it's face. Another movie losing money for Sony. They probably won't even make a sequel at this rate.

>Spider-Man and Iron Man are struggling.
>Surely THOR will save us!
LMAO

>getting btfo in animation
>implying DC's animated movies have been good in years with the exception of gods and monsters

>140M+ reported spent on marketing
>not enough

>It's true, Tony! New York is filled with niggers and your prized "diversity" push just makes everything worse! Why the hell did I listen to you when you asked me to side with the UN? They're globalist scum, and what are you? A billionaire who lives in lavish seclusion who never deals with the reality of his own ideals!

Critics don't want one direction fans declaring jihad on them Dunkirk will get a pass

>Spider-Man and Iron Man are struggling in a sony cheap looking movie

fixed for you

Is a miracle even it got any, dude, this is the 6th SM movie in 15 years, the third reboot

>china will save it I s-swear
The state of Marvel Cinematic Universe everyone

Clearly it's the millennials who remember the raimi films well and have since grown up and don't like how spiderman's changed that aren't fans. For example, yourself unless you are just an old gen z

Disney/Sony were too cocky, thinking they could ward off War for the Planet of the Apes on just their second weekend. fools

anyway seeing War Apes today lol

His brand is also oversaturated. The only way people can make it more interesting is if they focused more on his villains but the MCU couldn't create a great villain to save it's life.

This is why Bats has remained quite powerful despite his ups and downs. If he becomes stale his villains can carry a film by themselves like in TDKR and to some extent TDK(even of it is shittily made like SS).

>mfw comparing it with other Spider-Man movies
>mfw comparing it with other movies with Iron Man

At what point underperforming becomes flopping again?

>shills LITERALLY tried to sell us the "Holland is the definitive Spidey" narrative
Get fucked Sony.
youtube.com/watch?v=1etvYj6aPqY

>good marketing
It didn't feel very blockbustery or exciting. It felt like marketing for a much more middling sized
and uneventful film. The tone wasn't right

YAS QUEEN SLAYYYYYY

Reminder that the reason we don't have the spectacular spiderman animated series is because of Disney and now they have given you this.

It's funny when they claim it on Star Wars and get btfo

>-73%
what did spiderman mean by this?

Justice league dark was quite good imo

>WW is a better movie than SM:H and GotG2
>WW makes more money in the relevant countries
I don't see the issue here

Thor's CGI doesn't look much better and no one gives a fuck about him.

>Yeah MCU Spider-Man's drop is much bigger than expected, but it's perfectly in-line with two Spider-Man movies that killed their franchises!
Who the fuck wrote this?

>fact
Kek

Watch Daredevil on Netflix you pleb.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I'M GOING UNDER

Apes together strong

>already behind Wonder Woman
youtube.com/watch?v=oIFLtNYI3Ls

Fuck, at least GOTG2 stayed ahead of WW for a while.

On it's current trajectory it wouldn't even need China to be profitable.

>i can't read numbers

>$13.6M is not behind $15.7M

Another Friday, another 33% drop for Wonder Woman to 2.01 million. Should do 7 for the weekend, down around 28-30% to get to 380.8 million.

It will be passing Guardians of the Galaxy 2 by next Sunday.

>Thor
>Hulk
>Strange
>Goldblum
It better my dude

My problem with it was that it seemed like yet another American teen high-school movie. Do HS movies ever do well? I haven't heard of one doing well outside of America. This, combined with the Spiderman being such an annoying quipping fucktard that I cheered when Cap thrashed him in CW, just put me of going to see. this.

Seriously, "homecoming", who thought that was a good title outside America?

le no whites allowed spiderman

Someone stop these women! They're murdering everyone that comes close!

That's brutal. It's dropping so hard that it was making more midweek than in friday. Summer midweek is always stronger but still, that's the picture of a movie collapsing

>Caesar WEAK
>Parker weaker

lol have you seen the trailer? They outreddited GOTG2. It's going to print massive dosh

It'll probably be a snoozefest, but (((critics))) will give it a good review to remind the goyim that Germans are bad.

Germans are bad

It was a really good movie. So who cares?

>The MCU is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy.

I wish people like you would shoot yourselves in the head.

HHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
inhales
WHWHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAHAHAHA
breathes heavily
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...
almost dying
weeeeeeeze
Oh god...one last time...
AHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

I thought Planet of the Apes was racist?

Why didn't they just make the Raimi Spider-Man films canon in the MCU and bring back Toby.

Spider-Man 4 would've made over $1 billion easily.

>domestic

lol who cares

>He would rather watch Nazi films that make his own family and country the bad guys

When will he be back to save us?

because they target children audience

You're a big guy...

Honestly OP it feels like maybe capeshit is finally dying down, yeah BvS is actually still the biggest movie in awhile, I mean Transformers is worse than BvS and it makes money so maybe its not...exactly that BvS was bad but maybe people are secretly getting tired of capeshit.

The movie made profit right after opening weekend. I think they'll be fine.

Wouldn't he be a bit old now and why wouldn't he have appeared in the other MCU movies?

>Stark recruits adult Peter who runs an subsidiary of Stark industries.
>Peter is semi retired, but has been suiting up more lately, allowing Stark to figure out its him.
>Helps in CW
>Spiderman 4 is about him as an adult juggling his responsibility to his family, work, and Spiderman with some new villain.

Could have been so great