ITT: Cartoons that were techincally like anime, but produced in America

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xEh7exmFjzw
youtube.com/watch?v=P8jN0oOvYi0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What anime is that?

>not knowing about Moomin

youtube.com/watch?v=xEh7exmFjzw

same thing but with Germany. Or was it Austria.

>moomin
>produced in america

Space Dandy?

Does Lupin count because of Italian funding?

Fuck no.

Snufkin is based.

"Technically like anime"

Explain please

fuck your trips
why not
Lupin is the best cartoon ever made

>Europe is America

youtube.com/watch?v=P8jN0oOvYi0

Not American, Soviet, but numerous Japanese directors like Miyazaki and such cite this film as one of the major influences in "modern" anime style.

Lupin III is the Scooby of anime. One plot, several series, several versions, several specials, several movies. It is a cash cow with no integrity.

Martin Mystery

I think last airbender would be the best example

that's Detective Conan
but Lupin is literately pure gold
self-contained fun adventures

Detective Conan does not have "versions," it has not been revived over the decades like Lupin has.

I don't know why dislike either honestly
or Scooby
it's like the last few untainted properties in the world

I don't dislike either of 'em. I just don't think they are "best" anything because they are like comfort / junk food at this point. It gets made but the status quo stays.

So shows that have an art style similar to and/or specifically alluding to anime

I thought OP just meant shows that were produced in the west but made in Japan like Cybersix.

It's produced mostly in Japan, it doesn't fit with the requirements expressed by OP.

I SAW THIS THREAD ON THE FUCKING FRONT PAGE OF Sup Forums AND I JUST WANT TO TELL OP HOW FUCKING RETARDED HE IS

die biene meier. good cartoon.

But it is not just par with Vicky the Viking.

There was a shitload of cartoons produced in America but animated in Japan that were anime-esque. Thundercats, Inspector Gadget, Dennis the Menace, Heathcliff, etc.

totally spies

There's a certain show that's like a slice of life anime that I'm not allowed to mention here

Totally Spies is French.

My Life Me

Teen Titans. Good god what a pile of shit. And I fucking hate beastboy

Don't you mean Yiff Boy?

Why is Sup Forums so obsessed with talking about anime? There's an entire board dedicated to that, so why not just go there???

I remember seeing this movie as a kid in spanish.
Was the reindeer alright? did it just fell cause it was titred? I was afraid that it perished.

Anyways I still think this animation it's wicked awesome.

The cartoon part of it was American at least.

You ask for American-made cartoons but kick off the thread with a show that's made as a collaboration between Finnish and Japanese studios. Good job, OP.

It is french

No, that was an anime that debuted in America first but was announced beforehand.

This.

>Biene Meier
kek

Lupin is a weird case.

French novels sequelized by a manga artist that became a staple of Japanese animation. Blue Jacket Lupin was more like a glorified crowdfunded TV special expanded into a series. Wouldn't be the first time TMS took Italian monies for a series either, Sherlock Hound also fits the bill.

this entire thread is ticking time bomb of salt and piss

Lupin III while derivative, is a Japanese IP that isn't meant to have a clear "end." Sort of like Doraemon or Kochi-kame. It may get help from the outside time to time, but it doesn't make it not-Japanese.

>japanese-dutch-finnish animation
>cartoon that was techincally like anime, but produced in america

tfw Moomin was the first anime you watched as a kid

This thread is stupid, post more Moomin

Sup Forums is too scary and mean

Fuck that and Totally Spies were fucking bad. I think the constant Totally Spies threads are among one of the most underrated autistic generals on this board.

this holy shit
they expect you to search through years of archived threads rather than answer a simple question because 'muh spoonfeeding'

I've heard about it influencing or making an impression on some Japanese animators, but I've never heard anything about it influencing the anime style. It seems to be done in the classical Disney or full animation style.

If you mean MLP, it has no relation to anime.

bump

Blue Jacket was 100% Japanese funded, Italy just aired it early as if it was funed by Italy we woulds of got it alot earlier (2009 rather then 2015)

That isn't technically an anime.

Moomin, Maya the Bee, and Nils Holgersson were all Japanese-made European cartoons.

He just thinks animation would automatically have traits soley based on the country of origin.
It's like giving a acr a different name because it comes from another country as a weird form of us versus them thinking

That was all Korean made.
DuckTales, Tiny Toons and Animaniacs were all Japanese-made American cartoons.

Why the fuck would you link that picture? Reported.

Reported for announcing reports.

To let summerfags like you reveal yourself

There's a shitload of things that set anime apart from animation made in other countries.

I'd argue about Tiny Toons and Animaniacs since they switched around between multiple studios, the majority of them being non-Japanese (the other studios being from Korea, Taiwan, New Zealand, and Chicago).

Sure, but I bet you would both call the Mona Lisa and some shit Van Gogh made paintings, eventhough they are in diferent styles, come from different time periods and countries

But unlike the others TMS got royalties out of it.

I would also call Adventure Time and Sailor Moon animation.

I'm pretty sure America had literally nothing to do with Moomin.

It's not Detective Conan though. Now we're equating to mystery/thriller franchises all being the same. Scooby and Lupin have been continuously resurrected and rebooted. Conan thus far has been one continuous story with a plot and it's creator has an ending written already. It has stand alone mysteries like it's Sherlock Holmes(which would have been a better explain) but a lot of things in these individual arcs end up having some payoff in the overarching story. It hasn't just been going on for no reason.

The person you're responding to was making the point that all of Lupin's reboots have basically the same premise/formula with minimal real plot(something certain series like Fujiko one and the most recent one thankfully tried to change a bit; I like Lupin but it does get stale)