Raimi's Spider-Man 4

So the new film took ideas from that movie? I say it because of the same villain (Vulture).
dailymotion.com/video/x5t8hb3

And why do you think Raimi didn't want to do it? Maybe he got tired of so much critism from the third movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/rIryN
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It wasn't a different time anymore. They just wouldn't allow his blatant racism as mere banter.

To be fair I heard the script he submitted had over 100 instances of the word "nigger"

It was a different time.

Raimiposting aside, here's the actual reason:

archive.fo/rIryN
>It really was the most amicable and undramatic of breakups: It was simply that we had a deadline and I couldn't get the story to work on a level that I wanted it to work. I was very unhappy with Spider-Man 3, and I wanted to make Spider-Man 4 to end on a very high note, the best Spider-Man of them all. But I couldn't get the script together in time, due to my own failings, and I said to Sony, "I don't want to make a movie that is less than great, so I think we shouldn't make this picture. Go ahead with your reboot, which you've been planning anyway." And [Sony co-chairman] Amy Pascal said, "Thank you. Thank you for not wasting the studio's money, and I appreciate your candor." So we left on the best of terms, both of us trying to do the best thing for fans, the good name of Spider-Man, and Sony Studios.

And then they made the amazing Spider Man movies
Fuck Amy Pascal and fuck sony

LOL if he had only known the rebot would be 100x worse than anything his worse attempt at spiderman 4

>you want to live in reality where Spider Man 4 exists and Spiderman is not played by a crooked tooth Brit.

Vulture was originally going to be in Spider-man 3 as well.

Why the fuck are they so obssessed with the Vulture? He's the most underwhelming Spiderman villain. Kraven is much better.

There's no way you could make Kraven actually work in a Spidey film. He's way too camp if you don't go down the grimdark route, and nobody's going down the grimdark route because everybody's fed up of it.

How's the vulture in the mcu spidey?

Well it was because it was a different time

The best villain in the entire MCU

Is that an achivement?

He's /literally did nothing wrong/ tier

Quite good. Better than a lot of other MCU villains

Spiderman 3 should have ended with Venom's birth and he should have been the villain in Spiderman 4.

Homecoming doesn't really fit Raimi's Spider-Man. It's about a young, inexperienced Peter trying to prove his worth and find his place as a superhero. That story doesn't work for Raimi's Spider-Man after three movies.

The Vulture is Spider-Man's second super villain and a prominent member of Spider-Man's rogues gallery. He's been in just about every Sinister Six ever.

Vulture is a pretty logical choice after everything they've done. They weren't going to use Hobgoblin after using two Green Goblins (three counting Amazing), and can't really use Carnage after fucking up with Venom so bad, so the next viable candidates would be pretty much Vulture, Mysterio and Kraven. Kraven has probably the least interesting design for marketing/merchandising/toys, and Vulture is easier to do than Mysterio since it's just a guy with wings and you can Iron Man him up.

Vulture is the perfect villain to use as they pick at the dead corpse of this once beloved character

He absolutely did. He realized that the best way to immemorialize his trilogy was to step aside and let a much worse reboot make millions of fans miss him.

>Thank you. Thank you for not wasting the studio's money
Oh, Pascal. If you only knew.

>Mysterio
I've been waiting for this day

The best villain in a long list of mediocre-at-best ones. He has a character arc and stays true to it. He could have been explored a bit more, but what we got with Keaton was great.

I think if grimdark King Kong can still sell, they could probably do a movie with Kraven.

>Maybe he got tired of so much critism from the third movie?

never understood how spiderman 3 was any worse than the first two. NEver was a big fan of them, unlike some people here.

Great potential for a future/darker comeback too.

Nah, the remake was better.

Spiderman 2 was fucking retarded. Dude with superstrength punches the non-powered villain in the face in fear of losing his aunt, yet the villain doesn't go down.
There's at least two or three points in the movie where Doc Oc should have fucking died from a caved in face. It was completely retarded. The fights were completely meaningless.

He's even with Vanko, actually.
I wish Vanko was still alive.

Does anyone else love how the movie really fucks with your expectations? There's multiple scenes that subtly allude to well-known deaths in other moves and the cartoon, and yet none of the deaths happen. Even the Vulture, who got a fucking cliched "villain kills himself" scene survived?

I know, right? More like vulture boy haha

I just realised that Rourke is the only actor who was cast as two characters in the MCU.

I remember reading something about Spider Man 4 and it was going to be fucking terrible, I'm glad they stopped, but they should've stopped with Spider Man 2

Also Spider man 3 without venom was going to fail still, the general problem people have with the movie is "too many villains" but the original idea was going to have Sandman and The Vulture, and James Franco's Green Goblin was going to be a part of it since they were teasing that shit since the second movie

>Homecoming doesn't really fit Raimi's Spider-Man. It's about a young, inexperienced Peter trying to prove his worth and find his place as a superhero. That story doesn't work for Raimi's Spider-Man after three movies.

thats not the aspect of homecoming that's taken from SM4; its the vulture angle, and the vulture's daughter being a love interest.

Sony Pictures summed up in one picture

>and the vulture's daughter being a love interest.
I loved how they used her race for bait and switch.

Sounds like a Rammi idea if you ask me.

Yeah, I did not see that coming at all

Has anyone did an edit of spiderman 3 cutting out the venom and black suit parts?

Who did he play apart from the Russian dude, though

kek
what was she talking about in this email?

Quill the blue mohawk guy in GotG

She fucked up the negotiations for Fincher to direct the Steve Jobs movie because she wanted to save a few shekels. Basically the same thing she did with Raimi, got too greedy and put money before art, then regretted it because then the projects became disasters and they lost more money anyway. They never learn.

Nobody, the only mcu movie he was cast is iron man 2.

I believe the only person that actually got cast twice as different characters is Alfre Woodard, she was in Civil War and Luke Cage playing different characters.

I hope you are just bating.

Just checked, can't believe I confused Rourke with Rooker. Shit they even look similar.

Jesus Christ, that style of writing.

it's like poetry...

That's what I was thinking. How could someone so integral to the workings of a massive operation like Sony write like such a genuine retard?

SPIDER MAN 4 WAS FUCKING CLOSE
WHY DIDN'T MARVEL PICK IT UP?
A retired Peter Parker suiting up as Spiderman again would be nice.

cumberbatch played both the hero and villain in dr strange

Good actor. Horrible motivations and character arc. He's just a good boy trying to help his multicultural family.

That's neat

>Horrible motivations
Please explain your thought process behind this lmao. I thought his motivations were very well done and /didnothingwrong/ tier, like others have stated.

>Horrible motivations and character arc
You mean being a decent dude who just happens to have gotten fucked over by one of Stark's dick moves?