Slasher thread, get the fuck in here

Slasher thread, get the fuck in here.
What are you going watching this weekend Sup Forums?

Probably not anything. Gonna play borderlands 2 on Xbox instead

>borderlands 2
is it still alive on consoles?

> tfw there's literally no uncut version of hatchet 3 anywhere
fuck Cuckmanistan so hard

I saw the first one and it was fun, how are the others?

I want to watch all the Friday series and then play the game.

Its been a while and I want to get into the Tommy Jarvis character

second one is not so great, third one is alright
first one is the best one though

Xenomorphs are slashers, right? Except for in Aliens anyway, when they were bugs. I'll probably be watching Prometheus later today when I'm done with season 2 of The Strain

Play f13 then watch one of the best ones. I've seen the first and Jason X, what do people recommend?

You can still get into a multiplayer game on the first one as well.

>and play the game

Just stick to the movies. Game is a total bug fest and the servers are made out of paper.

The game is fun as hell though

i watch friday the 13th streamers on twitch. does that count?

what's up with all the censored shit around these movies?

Seen Carpenter's Vampires today and it was quite fun, I enjoyed it. I'll probably watch Eraserhead next in 3 in the morning while drinking coffee.

When it comes to slashers, I've recently seen Carpenter's Halloween and liked it a lot. His a master craftsmen and that film definitely showed it. MIght wanna watch the sequels the week after.

Cold prey 1 and 2 were pretty good if u like slashers. They are definatly worth a watch.

people are as retarded over violance here as the are about nipples in the US
naked people in german TV is so common that a german movie feels incoplete if you don't see a dick and some tits flailing around but nobody dares to show a splat of blood

What're peoples thoughts on Freddy vs Jason? I noticed it was on Netflix and rewatched it yesterday. I quite enjoyed it, though it definitely felt more like a Freddy movie than a Jason one. It felt weird seeing Jason have hair, and it felt like maybe the mask was a little small, at least in comparison to his fridge-sized chest? Or has Jason always had hair and you just never see it because the films are always at night?

>42 years later and the GOAT still hasn't been topped

I was never much of a fan of either series, though I liked Elm Street a tiny bit more, and I really enjoyed it and thought it was better than any of the others I'd seen, as it was nearly full horror comedy and much better at it than Jason X.

I've not seen Jason X or Jason goes to Hell. How is X as a Horror Comedy?

What are some essential 80s slashers, aside from Friday, Halloween etc.
Stuff like
>Intruder
>The Prowler
>Sleepaway Camp
>The Burning
>The House on Sorority Row
>He Knows You're Alone
>Prom Night
>Happy Birthday to Me
>April Fools Day
and so on

And it never will be.

The way they made his nerves act up when he gets hit still somewhat gets me to this day

one of my favorite things about this movie is the way he slams that door shut for some reason

There are some very amusing moments, but it still took itself a bit too seriously, which made it less comedy and more 'amusing because it's camp'. The Leprechaun films are much better at it, though 'In Space' is more camp than Jason X, despite definitely being a comedy, and I think X would have been a lot better if they took that route and did a parody of Aliens where space marines are sent in to take out Jason.

>aside from Friday, Halloween etc.
People seem to keep falling for the meme opinion that the Halloween sequels aren't good, I think 4 is the best Halloween film and the arch they told in 4/5/6 (Producer's cut) is better than the original film or H20 or the reboots, though that last part isn't exactly difficult.

I don't 100% agree with you personally but I definitely enjoy the sequels. I've seen 4 more times probably than the original, and while I'll always prefer the original, 4 is the best out of the sequels and feels a lot more like other 80s slashers as opposed to the first film, which started the trend. I also quite like Part 2 and think it does a good job of continuing the first film is a sort of believable way.

H5 and 6 are entertaining, but I'm not a fan of the Thorn thing and it always bothers me that H6 is Donald Pleasence's exit note, he deserved better ;-;

>it always bothers me that H6 is Donald Pleasence's exit note, he deserved better ;-;
I agree, but I think it would have been more disrespectful to recast him. I'd say have him retire, but Dr. Loomis isn't the sort of man that could sleep at night while Michael Myers was alive.

>Oh yeah, you're a seeker alright

Part II for sure

I watched Hatchet 1 a few months ago for the first time and I fucking hated it. What do people see in it?

It's always stuck with me too, i think because it's so final for lack of a better word. Like he's gone without a trace behind some metal door in an old house and no one knows anything.

I want doors like that in my house someday.

The 2003 remake topped it by quite a big amount.

They are two completely different movies.

74' is a gritty almost documentary like portrayal of carnage and human suffering.

03' is a polished slasher movie but one of the better ones of the 2000s.