Now that the dust has settled, can anyone give me one good reason why automatic rifles are illegal?

Now that the dust has settled, can anyone give me one good reason why automatic rifles are illegal?

they scare politicians

There is no good reason
They should be legal and the only people that say otherwise are fear mongering leftists and politicians

>automatic rifles are illegal?

They're not illegal, just rare and expensive since the Hughes amendment slid through the cracks in '86.

THE DUST!
IT KEEPS SETTLING!
SHILLS STIRRING IT UP!

They just don't want them being cheap enough for niggers to get them. It'd be fun every now and again but all that ammo would get expensive.

Because they are designed for mass killing, nobody needs that in today's society

Nobody needs Canadians either, so why are you still here?

> Not having the means to usurp the government and proactively defend your liberty.

Only a fucking leaf. You yanks need more automatics. You need more -everything-. Some arsehole is going to joke about having nuclear weapons and tanks like a snide fuck. Don't listen to him. Tell him to fuck off. Tell him your country isn't completely fucked. Not yet.

Why are you spamming this copy pasta in every thread?

Let's say every one had a revolver in a crowded club, and some manic comes to shoot every one. Let's say it takes 2 seconds to draw and shoot the guy. If the guy had a revolver he could kill up to 4 people, equipped with a AR 15 it would be 6 people, equipped with a FAMAS F2 with a extended mag, it would be 37 potentially dead

Automatics are designed for suppressive fire.

They aren't illegal in the US. They only have restrictions in certain states (the gay ones)
Just because you can't afford one doesn't mean they are banned.

Camel's nose in the tent to removing the 2nd Amendment.

During prohibition there was a lot of propaganda about mobsters using full auto tommy guns. While specific instances were true, it was fucking overblown.

Remember that prohibition was all about federal cops murdering citizens because they had alcohol.

Nope.

Interesting bait. Its sweetened because everyone knows the modern Briton has no idea how firearms work.

>Remember that prohibition was all about federal cops murdering citizens because they had alcohol.

I remember reading something once that denatured alcohol was intentionally unlabeled causing quite a few deaths.

Denatured alcohol is alcohol that has been treated in a way that makes it unfit to drink because it causes retching.

The only reason denatured alcohol exists is to prevent people from drinking it. Rubbing alcohol would be just as effective without the added chemicals that make it denatured.

Now if you make alchohol that is not safe to drink because of its chemical content, denaturing it might be a good idea. But that's the only moral reason to do so.

In all honesty, is their any real advantage having a fully automatic rifle in combat other than being able to scare people with the sound?

>Modern "Briton" has no idea how firearms work - incorrect
>Britain has no idea how modern firearms work - correct
Get a thesaurus amerifat

Supression. Also, vietnam conclusively decided that more vital than anything else in ground combat is the ability to put as much lead down range as possible. Accuracy of a rifle becomes irrelevant in the middle of a battle, even snipers when there are lmgs dispersed

The funny thing is that the fullauto option is the most defensive firemode a gun can give you, you basicly only use it when you want to cover own troops or your own retreat

The ironic thing is that denatured alcohol is very cheap, and people pay out the ass for flavored shit added to it.

Yeah, as long as something was made before a certain date it's not a real ban!
What if all of the pre-1986 guns are destroyed, then are they banned for reals?

You can always go into the firearm business, register yourself as a class 3 dealer/manufacturer and buy all the automatic weapons you want.
How do you think all of these gun shows on tv go around making new machine guns and shit.

Yes. You want an automatic weapon for close range because bullets don't instantly kill you. You need to put them in shock with multiple hits so that you get a near instant stop without have to aim for the head. This is the reason guns like the p90 and mp7 are extremely effective as automatics but effectively useless for civilian ownership when you can only have semi auto

Fully automatic weapons are only useful when you have a near unlimited supply of ammunition available. Otherwise they are a complete waste of ammunition.
Have you ever fired a full auto? 30 rounds gone in 2 seconds and you barely get to hold the gun on target.

I'd never choose to use one if I was at all concerned about using my ammo efficiently.

African Americans have been found to be allergic to bullets. Guns are racist and America must do what it can to protect this precious minority.

That's not the point. If you put two people in close combat with semi auto ar15s I would bet that both people would be shot because bullets aren't light switches unless you are very accurate. If you get shot you can return fire even if you are dying.

Now put two people in the same situation with m16a1 and I would bet the first person to fire never takes return fire because multiple fast hits induce shock nearly immediately.

Fortunately there are fire selector switches.

>close combat
If you are talking about non-armored, close combat, then the superior choice is always a shotgun.

Really, if you want to mow down a crowd of people, you want 00 buck in a high capacity semi-automatic shotgun. Delivery from a weapon like that would be absolutely devastating.

If your opponent is wearing armor, then really you just want a powerful high velocity weapon. Automatic fire may help here since your are more likely to hit an exposed part of the body with a high
volume of rounds.