ARE YOU READY FOR NOLAN-KINO?

In the four years I've been a film critic, I've never heard such passionate applause during a standing ovation. Only one film has garnered that response from a room full of critics and that's Dunkirk.

This film is amazing on so many levels. I'm not a huge fan of Nolan, but this is without a doubt his best film (I'd say before this his best was The Prestige). The cinematography, score, cast, writing, direction. These are all perfect in every regard.

What I wasn't expecting was the cast, or how unconventional it is. Most movies have a defined protagonist and antagonist, this film doesn't. It's all faces in a war, with each person one piece of a puzzle. They have emotional weight and reason to be invested in them but they are a unified force and I love how this film doesn't just put a noticeable face in that crowd, these guys are as nameless and faceless as you imagine a group of soldiers would be.

There's minimal dialogue in this film, and it works well to do so. Plot is advanced through subtle visual and audible cues. Nolan doesn't pander to his audience, if you're too dumb to not get these cues, you need to be smarter.

This film needs, no, REQUIRES, you to see it in 70mm IMAX. The way this film is made, it's with this format in it's very core and it's going to be a challenge to replicate that feeling again. See it in this format if you're going to see the film.

This is without doubt the best made film of 2017, and one of the best films of the decade. Few filmmakers can make such daring films that utilize traditional filmmaking elements with daring execution in a way that is both familiar and new in all the best ways.

trying to hard, plebbitor

I'm poor and I can only afford to see either war for the planet of the apes or dunkirk. Wut do?

Why the fuck he didn't made BvS? The faggot allowed hack snyder to cause a huge damage just to make movies that far less people give a fuck?Fucking hippie.

Watch Dunkirk, the cinema experience is not so important with war for the planet of the apes, while it is still a pretty good movie.

>if you're too dumb to not get these cues, you need to be smarter.
>too dumb to not get
>you need to be smarter

Oh the sweet sweet irony, OP.

BRAVO NOLAN

>It's so good it feels like a war movie you'd discover on tcm at 2am. You expect lee marvin to show up in it
damn now I'm excited. also is there a comfier activity than finding a classic movie on tcm on a quiet weekend night?

I'm unironically making a 4hr trip just to see this in IMAX, alone

After I will probably get some heroin and pay a girl to fuck me in an expensive td holiday inn

BvS fags wil still say Snyder would've done a better job

>I'm unironically making a 4hr trip just to see this in IMAX, alone
what
>After I will probably get some heroin and pay a girl to fuck me in an expensive td holiday inn
what x2

Already booked my tickets for Dunkirk™ in IMAX™ by Christopher Nolan, produced by Warner Brothers™, opening 21st of July. Can't wait.

This is going to be the best war film of the millennium

Skip out on Planet of the Apes. You're better off just waiting for the Avatar sequels.

>See it in this format if you're going to see the film

The nearest IMAX screen is 168 miles away so I guess I won't watch it, then. Thanks for saving me the money!

Sucks to be you my friend, watching a war movie with actual Stukas flying and shooting and more than 60 boats and warships in the water on your 13 inch toshiba laptop 6 months after the release.

I'm watching it with my Samsung VR system

I never saw anyone ever say that Snider is better than Nolan,not even the biggest Nolan haters and contrarians

>the movie doesn't have a clear protagonist or antagonist
>told from the perspective of the allies, who have to fight the evil germans
Bravo Nolan

protagonist/antagonist implies a single person you faggot, and there won't be a single german soldier on screen
no "le evil nazi general" or anything like that

He probably met some capeshit fans like you and after a solid vomit stream for 3 days he decided to never make a movie for such disgusting creatures again.