Where would you like to see the Apes franchise go from here?

Where would you like to see the Apes franchise go from here?

It seems to me like, at this point, they're going to keep getting closer and closer to the original film. They have the apes origin down, a good basis for the ape religion, and the humans are beginning to reach their regressed state.

We still need to see:
>The humans nuke the shit out of one another
>The apes migrating eastward
>The apes evolving physically

I want to see conflict within the apes again

The development of their caste system with orangutans being lawmakers, chimps being scholars and gorillas being grunts

Keep the humans to the sides for a while as a background problem they have to deal with eventually

>The apes evolving physically

i hope they dont do this.

We already see a little bit of that, with the orangutans being the teachers of the young apes and passing down the 'rules' for their society in Dawn.

The apes do evolve physically, look at the OP. B

I hope they leave it alone. This franchise was about Caesar and war ended his story perfectly. We haven't chronologically reached the original movie which leaves room for more rebootquels but I don't think we need more. Humans killed themselves off (whether it was specifically nukes, the simian flu, or just general infighting doesn't matter) leaving the world for the ape society that Caesar delivered from chains and through the desert. How else could they even make another movie in this series without it just being a second remake of the original or being unavoidably predictable? There aren't any characters left strong enough to carry another for imo

In War they mentioned that apes all around the world are getting smarter due to the virus. I wanna see Maurice's group meet some savage apes from Africa and maybe have a conflict with them

>the humans nukes the shit out of one another

Won't happen, the virus took the place of the nuke.

There is a whole world of possibilities for centuries. It may be egoistic but if well made, I won't mind this universe never stopping

Rocket and Maurice could potentially carry another film, but I agree it would be best to end it here. To bad they won't let it unless war bombs spectacularly

No it didn't. Do you think NYC was turned into a desert because of a virus?

It's a reboot, not a prequel

Will we have another military conflict with surviving world leaders wanting to kill the apes with nukes as a last resort?

>Where would you like to see the Apes franchise go from here

into the trash bin where it belongs

>The apes do evolve physically, look at the OP.

well i always thought they look more human like in the originals because its just a costume, i would prefer if they would keep them apelike in future movies

We only see the fallen statue of liberty. It could have fallen by nattural causses over the centuries...

The "prequel" trilogy isn't necessarily in continuity with the original. The Ceasar of the original films is wholly different from Serkis Ceasar.

I would just do a two part remake of the first film.
Set it roughly a hundred years after War.
The rocket launched during the beginning of the first film returns.
The crew instantly knows that it's Earth no need to try and recreate the twist.
Part one focuses on the crew leading a revolt of human slaves mirroring Rise.
Part Two follows the humans as they venture into the forbidden zone and discover the mutants a result of the evolved virus that makes people mute but telekinetic.
Ends with the crew uniting the desperate factions into a new society or they all get nuked.

They've said a million times that the original film is the endgame. It's a 'reboot' in the sense that the timeline eliminates the previous Caesar films and replaces them with these new ones.The original film still happens, and pretty much everyone involved has said that.

We also see NYC as a fucking desert.

>Taylor notes that the date is November 25, 3978
Something tells me that even without a nuke the city would look like this in 2000 years... Do they even they the nukes have fallen in the movies?

Do you think the smart chimps recruit or fuck the non intelligent ones? I mean, I wouldn't say no to Linda Harrison even if she's mute.

no, it would be like us fucking a big molerat

Yes, they fucking say it was nuked - have you even SEEN Beneath the Planet of the Apes??

It's a reboot, it won't end exactly like the originals. So calm down m8

They already said the original was canon to these new films, so yes, it will end with Charleton Heston blowing up the planet.

too racial.

>100 years after War
>Rocket crew is still alive

according to the writer of War, this reboot series is in continuity with the original films as elements and movies that break continuity can be viewed as "myth" in Ape culture

>Mark Bomback — the screenwriter on the new film — explains it like this: the new movies are a trilogy of prequels, meaning their stories will be viewed as mythology by a far-distant ape culture.

>War for the Planet of the Apes might be more connected to the lore of the original films than its two predecessors, at least in terms of laying out a few cues and markers which could “inspire” future apes to tell the stories of classic movies fans knew and loved.

>“How does this story we’ve been following become lore in this new civilization?” Bomback asks rhetorically, outlining the best way to interpret the various easter eggs and references in the new Apes film. “Generation after generation of their species would talk about [the new movies'] stories,” he says. “Toward that end, what are some touchstones in the original films that those generations would be talking about hundreds of years after these new movies are happening?”

>Fans of the original Apes films got very excited when it was revealed a young character named Nova would be a part of the new film. But Bomback wants fans to understand that the young girl played by Amiah Miller is not a young version of Linda Harrison. “She’s not supposed to be the character from the ‘68 film, but here we see how that name gets introduced into the universe of these movies. And…hundreds of years later, someone else is going to wind up being named Nova.”

They hit a time worm hole thing.
Ya know like the original.

This. They should "remake" the original but only the set-up of the ship crashing back to earth in the future.

I have an idea that this trilogy is actually a reboot of the franchise and not a prelude to the original. If you'll remember, the sequels to the original included the backstory, with apes coming back and time and themselves starting it all. There was even a leader ape named Ceasar.

Of course this is probably just a retelling, but if this is a full-on reboot, I'd like to lead up to a remake of the original in which humans who were sent up into space to preserve the species (I haven't seen War yet so idk if they do this or not) know the fate of humans on earth, and they're angry that apes have taken control. They come down and are at first very aggressive, but soon, they come to see that the Apes have built something better out of humanity's ashes and the humans from space spend the film exploring this new society along with their newfound literal existential purposelessness.

They already said that they were preludes to the original.

>humans who were sent up into space
It's in rise. Mars mission but whoops wormhole.

I honestly thought this whole time that this trilogy of prequels would lead to a remake of the original film. I'm kinda bummed to hear otherwise, as amazing as these films have been.

They might make it in continuity to the original and only the original.

Didn't read the rest of the thread before posting that, sorry user

Maybe just make a Apes/ slave humans vs. Mutants film

few times, but not recently

>we

we'll get 3 more original prequel Ape movies, then they'll start remaking the original 5 using the new movies as the foundation