Normies all over the country are enthralled at how dark and depressing Bojack Horseman got

>normies all over the country are enthralled at how dark and depressing Bojack Horseman got

We've got a half-decent serialized giant robot cartoon on Netflix, and now this. What do you think are the chances we'll see that animated adult drama series we've all been waiting for?

>animated adult drama series we've all been waiting for
Going to have to be a little more specific OP...

I can't be more specific because it doesn't exist yet. I'm talking about an animated drama that doesn't need to trojan horse its plot in with tons of jokes to wash it down like Archer or Venture Bros.

>animated drama that doesn't need to trojan horse its plot in with tons of jokes to wash it down like Archer or Venture Bros.
F is for Family.

>We've got a half-decent serialized giant robot cartoon on Netflix
What show is this?

What are you doing here?

Spewing autism, the traditional Sup Forums pastime.

lel nice meme friendo xD lelelel!!!!!1!!!!!! C H I L L I N

I don't understand how anyone can watch this. It's so boring!

- It is about shittiness in life. And it is written good.
- A lot of background / animal gags
- Other characters has also stories to watch.
- Chicken farm / underwated city episode are going beyond meta.

Probably not made by Netflix. Hulus series also suck. Maybe classic paytv like HBO tries to make it bettter.

Expect season 3, 6 episodes in, has been nothing but women's issues and not about the main character. Not to mention it's become a goddam snore fest, this is arrow season 4 levels of bad.

Dianne might as well be Felicity

I can't be bothered to watch this garbage anymore.

Because a lot of people don't find it boring and have a different opinion than you. Hope this helped.

>And it is written good.

In a few years when you've graduated high school, moved out of your parent's house, and dipped your toes into adulthood, it may resonate a bit more :)

>moving out of your parents house

How? Fuck, I don't know how people are capable of doing.

The cheapest rent around here I can find is 1.5k.

You can fuck yourself if you think I'm moving to middle america.

>The cheapest rent around here I can find is 1.5k.

Where do you live?
I ask because I want to figure out how incompetent you are.

^ triggered

>literally the first step towards understanding the show
awe~

Voltron: Legendary Defender. A lot of the Korra crew is on board, so it looks and feels pretty similar to that. Also, saying it's half-decent is selling it short, imo.

ANOTHER LE DEPRESSION MEME SHOW THREAD

>We've got a half-decent serialized giant robot cartoon on Netflix,

Knights of Sidonia?

>you need to have depression to understand it

Sounds like shitty writing then. A good writer can make a non depressed individual understand what depression is like.

this

fuck this stupid ass gay show for babys i hate it

Yet you bothered to read the thread to find another whiny post to agree with?

If the show triggers you so much, why involve yourself in it?

how about I throw a sharp rock into your face instead idiot

i laugh while you're on the ground crying and bleeding you moron

I swear I played a Final Fantasy game on a Gameboy Advance that started out like this

Either underage or trolling

Maybe both

that's cool
fucking moron i would tear into you like the fury of a thousand starving wildebeests

Not really though.

>This show is for babys!
>gets triggered by logic and acts like baby
Is there anything that doesn't trigger you?

How about I throw you into a hot bubbling tar pit and leave you there to die

You sound angry. Angry about what other people are doing.

Youre goddamn right im angry

Im trying to stop this cancer sore of a cartoon show but you fucks keep trying to stop me but believe me I WILL NEVER GIVE IN

NEVER EVER

Todd is my husbando.

>- Chicken farm / underwated city episode are going beyond meta.

Chicken farm wasn't very good, though it gets points for addressing the topic of meat in an anthropomorphic world.

Nobody outside of Sup Forums cares about Bojack. It only got a third season because Netflix will throw money at anything.

Given that Netflix doesn't share viewer numbers, how can you possibly claim to know that?

Nobody outside of your room cares about you

say,will netflix shows ever have crossover?
like say,bojack in voltron? or vice versa?

Maybe, potentially, when they have more shows to pick from, but Bojack and Voltron would not go well together.

I kind of hope they don't try, crossovers seem nearly impossible to pull off.

How's time out?

yeah,bojack might end up having sex with pidge

>a half-decent, serialized giant robot cartoon on Netflix
Excuse me?

>Prison scene
>3/4 extras are black

Wow, real classy Bojack.

Yeah, haven't they heard that the new black is orange?

This isn't reddit.

Is beloved character actress Margot Martindale dead? I don't want to believe it, senpai.

>omg user you have to check out this show, it's amazing, it's an animation but it actually manages to be like so dark and super deep, it's crazy, there's nothing else like it!
>my thousand yard stare when

Is this a real conversation, or are you referring to OP?

now imagine if moral orel had been on netflix instead of having to air on adult swim

Oh. So you actually don't know the reference Bojack was making. You should go out more.

It's just another animated sitcom but it's enjoyable

>Moral Orel guy again

Okay i get it moral orel is the king of depressing shit there you can fuck right off

Those are two different intentions. Relating to a person who actually lives through a thing and understands all the casual and intimate quirks will be a lot different to trying to explain that thing to a layman in terms they'll understand.
Might as well say a college-level physics course is badly planned because a high school freshman doesn't get it. Or vice versa, criticising a high school physics class because it's too basic for a college student.

>comparing bojack horsememe to college physics

wow you're up your own ass

The former, since OP was referring to such normies.

Not that user, but the analogy is pretty clear bud.

Who's to say Bojack isn't the high school course?
And it's just an analogy, calm yourself.

>missing the point
Yikes. The worst I've had is a guy who praises everything on Toonami.

Sup Forums circlejerks to this show way too much.

god i hate that red jacket asshole. he contributes nothing to the show of value.

His point is that you can make something for people with or without experience of the subject matter, in this case depression. Writing something understood by those who are familiar with depression is similar to a more advanced course planned out for those who already know a lot, not those who are coming in fresh. He's not comparing the show itself to the depth if a college course not that it's a high bar.

I'm kinda Numb to it at this point.

I see you can relate to him.

Ok so adult swim is showing a trend in leaning things toward a more adult program with samurai jack and other shows. Rick and Morty was very humorous and dark and did something pretty entertaining. Now all we need is a new IP that shows that animated material can be as moving as a regular drama.

>rick and morty

Good joke post, friend.

I do hope that animation starts getting respected enough to allow for more adult-oriented dramatic series to be made, but... I also really like the levity that R&M and BJHM have to balance out the darker stuff. It makes it not feel like a chore to watch, which shows with the drama always turned up to 11 tend to wind up being for me.

I want down to earth drama. Something that doesn't rely on outright comedy to stay light but doesn't go all the way to drain your energy.

Same. Being animated is a big part of what allows that style of storytelling. If it was just straight faced talky drama, I'd question why it's even animated.

Oh FUCK. Took me a while.

You can get a mortgage on a decent house in lots of areas for $800 or so a month.

I could see getting an adult animated drama, but I think it'd have to contain some fantastical elements (maybe sci-fi or something) to justify it being animated. From what I understand(correct me if I'm wrong), live action is a lot cheaper to produce when you're not heavy on the special effects.

Remember though, he will only ever be able to offer you hugs. maybe a kiss every now and then, but nothing more.

>1138
Pretty sure that was on purpose.

That sounds ideal I'm asexual

The problem with that idea is that animation is expensive, and it's kind of hard to justify animating an ordinary drama without some other interesting premise that'll justify the need to animate it.

Knights of Sidonia of course

(or Voltron, since this is Sup Forums and that's probably what they were actually alluding to)

What's the reference?

Cannot deal with this...

Oh, well then by all means get that Todd!

Shitposting!

Just like last year. Now all we need is for Cranky to show up.

You could find out just by googling "1138".

I've been avoiding this show for a long time until a coworker told me about how much he loved the show.

That surprised me because I never heard him talk about a cartoon show and we've worked together for over a year.

Seems like the next Rick and Morty if it was televised.

>Dad's job is on the line and seriously affects his entire existence.
>Kids are going through depressed times of adolescence amid mom and dad fighting.
>Racist and classist tones reflective of the decade
>just another animated family sitcom
I'm sorry, which family sitcom was this replicating?

all in the family, mostly

I don't get it. Who the fuck is Jurge Clooners? Why not just use a real celebrity?

Because then they have to pay George Clooney royalties for using his likeness.

That's not how copyright law works. There's a picture of me in a crowd taken by that stockhouse getty images and you can see my face. I don't get any money from it whenever they license it. Why is George Clooney different?

Because he's more important and famous than you

Don't forget more handsome and personable

I find it odd that just now, they are using fake names when in the past two season they got away with using real names.

get triggered my dude

Well some celebrities are extra big assholes when it comes to how there represented. Maybe the writers just figured Clooney was that kind of asshole (Maybe he wouldn't like being "The Nazi who played Yahtzee"), and then made it a running gag.

you got a full fledge adult animated drama with no genre elements written by one of the best living screenwriters, isn't that enough?