Doctor Strange

That second trailer was off the chain

You digging the theory it's set in a parallel universe to the rest of the MCU?

if so I'd like Idris Elba to replace them all once they inevitably go do secret wars

What basis does the theory have? Wouldn't make much sense since Strange is mentioned by Sitwell in TWS, so he must be in the MCU world.

That said, I'm really excited for this movie. Derickson's enthusiasm for the character and his stories is very nice to see.

It shouldn't be set in an alternate universe because then they won't be using him for Infinity War.

What, are they gonna have Tony Stark build a robot to beat the Infinity Gauntlet like they did in that Disney cartoon?

>Wouldn't make much sense since Strange is mentioned by Sitwell in TWS, so he must be in the MCU world.
Yeah, that is a flaw.

they'll defeat thanos the way GOTG defeated ronan but with all of them holding hands and making quips

The entire dr strange trailer is talking about traveling between parallel dimensions

I'd believe that if the movie was made by Whedon or Gunn.

doesn't gunn get a say in what his characters do

it's gonna happen

>tfw the villain in GotG2 will be defeated by having a joke-off
>quill makes "your mom" jokes while the villain is like "what the fuck are you doing?"
>tfw marveldrones will again find this kind of shit okay

I just want to know what the fuck is going on in that climax. I mean, the cities are breaking apart, yet in that final shot, you see cars are driving normally.

it will be a lip-sync battle instead a la awesome mix 2

>All this talk of warping reality.

I really wish Thor 2 hadn't done the reality gem. It seems like it really should have been saved for this movie.

Any chance they'll retcon it to being the soul or time gem?

IDK why everyone is calling these "great visuals"
They all just seem like people standing in front of a green screen. No interaction with the background at all.

I think it's happening in a dimension that only mages can access.

Yeah, but Avengers tower is visible in the final shot where all those buildings are getting wrapped through a hole.

But wasn't the weapon in TWS supposed to catch potential threats? Maybe this Steven Strange was just the Doctor, before the accident, with potential. If that makes sense.

Gotta admit that I'm hyped for the film. I hope it'll be great.

I've always liked movies which twisted and questioned reality or the very essence of its existence. Huge fan of Paprika, Inception, the Matrix series and a few other movies which treat reality like a physical object which can be distorted, transformed and morphed.

>implying Marvel can make anything as serious as DC

>literally the scene in OP has a character interacting with the backgrounds

>company wars for literally no reason

I fail to see how zolas algorithm can say
>You see that guy over there? He's gonna be a wizard, kill him!

>Dr. Strange? Perfect!
>Ah but it's taken.
Ramini films confirmed AU.

how?
still waving hands in front of the green screen
maybe it will look better in 3d, but these look like shit

dr.strange shoudl be more akin to a super crazy harry.potter not inception

More like
>You see that guy over there? He's gonna have a accident and got to the mountains to meet a mystic monk and become a wizard, kill him!

But seriously, they'd think of a connection from extremely gifted surgeon having something "alien" floating around him.

*go to

I think the inception stuff is parallel dimensions, they are using the physical planes as planes of existence So every time they move at 90 degrees they are jumping to a different dimension.

I'm wondering if this is kind of like a chase scene through the dimensions or if this is the bad guy crashing together planes like incursions.

>harry potter
no, or maybe. The only Harry Potter spell I could see of relevance is walking through small spaces to pocket dimensions. Strange lives in a place where planes of existence can correspond to irrational numbers

how about when strange walks backwards through reality breaking up like glass.

or pulling fire out of his fingers and whipping the ground

or maybe you just want to be a special snowflake cause no one is criticizing these special effects

Only if the post credits scene shows (a probably resurrected) Mads cloaked in green approaching a throne

Dumbest thing I've read today but it's still pretty early. The 'wifi password' joke is meant to convey to people like you that in Marvel the world of magic and the world of men aren't separate from each other such as in Harry Potter. Strange's job is just protecting us from the most dangerous of 'them'.

It should be like neither, but the only comparison to Inception comes from mirrored images of buildings, which I mean-- that was a 15 second scene in Inception.

Its not only a parallel universe to the rest of Downey MCU but also a collab with DC