All my friends are going off to college. I want to learn a trade but dont know what

All my friends are going off to college. I want to learn a trade but dont know what.
any one /tradesmen/?

Other urls found in this thread:

bctd.org/Index.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

W E L D
E
L
D

Good Lord, that true thickness on the left.

Don't do sheet metal, go for boiler making.
Don't make my mistake. There's about 10 times the job opportunities for boilermakers compared to sheet metal. Well that's true where I live, might be different for you.
Electricians always get paid well and never run out of work.

Just look up jobs. Go in and tell the company this is what youre planning to go to school for, and ask what they need. Do they need a Welder? Or Aluminum Welder? These trades have certifications under them that pay more if you have a speciality certification like Quality Assurance Inspector.

Go work for the electric company. They'll teach you line work or computer drafting or a whole lot of other things.

Cushy office jobs, jobs outside, whatever you want. And if you ever get sick of it they'll pay for you to go to college and be an office monkey for the rest of your career.

It's union work and the benefits are usually outstanding.

Nice pic

also fuck off to >>>biz

I wonder if in ten years we will have too many tradesmen. And we will need college people again.

THICC
H
I
C
C

Trades are stupid to learn these days if you don't want to be struggling. They don't pay what they used to. You'll be making the same as Walmart workers.

gonna need sauce fucko

Sauce

hvac or electrician

can get easy jobs in datacenters that are popping up all over the place

b r e h s ...

could i even satisfy her without an 8x6?

Dat joocy ass

CNC Machining is decent. 30ish/hour most places and its indoors. Most of my coworkers are fucking idiots so you'll be fine.

See if you can go for taster days at colleges. Then pick the one which you like but also makes mad dosh. 4 year apprenticeship is a sign of non shit trade.

They can be shitty, unless you have a specialty. If you can pass a background check / get a security clearance the government will hire.

Heating and cooling. It's a license to print money.

People call you in one of two situations...

1. It's boiling outside and the AC is broken.
2. It's freezing outside, and the furnace is broken.

In either case, people in those situations know they have to pay whatever the tech asks for. And they will pay whatever you charge because they're desperate

Been thinking about becoming an electrician after I get out of the military since power and electronics and building/creating shit are a small hobby of mine.

>Dropped out of college after relative died after getting transfer degree
>Began working full time at local family business
>Making and saving a lot of bank and still have time personal skill building
>Wondering if I should even go back

I don't fucking know man.
I don't fucking know.

On the one hand this business isn't going to be around forever, on the other it feels like such a fucking waste to go back, but I also don't know what the fuck I'm doing or going to do with my life.

What do

id let the girl on the left shit in my mouth

Get certified to work on High Voltage.

thats what im worried about.
i mean i dont want to sound arrogant but i went to a local major community college trade program just to check it out and everyone is a an uninteresting retard. im currently working in a computer shop full of people like that.

seriously have no idea what im going to do.
im only 18. im really above average at bodybuilding, great in the art im getting into but honestly cant see myself doing that as a job

like can hobbies every be jobs?
wont you end up hating them?
like i love working on my cars, but i am horrified at the thought of becoming a mechanic...
anyone please help

I'm a cabinet guy manage to be fast good and cheap somehow probably all the dope I smoke 25 years old been doing it since high school been 100 000 a year for 5 years now electricians are the worst entitled cuts around plumbers and tin bashers are shit too

post more of these pics and ill give you free good advice. i am a consultant for E&Y so usually that comes at a very high price but your folder seems great.

Then you won't have any problems finishing the course, getting years of experience and starting your own business. If you truly find it easy then you can be there in a short amount of time.

You have many years, pick up a trade that interests you and keep renewing the ticket. Even if you decide to change careers to do whatever you feel like if you have trade to fall back on you are laughing.

I would personally say go with electrical certs. In our increasingly powered world there will always be demand for people who know how to turn the power on.

Doesn't stop you from doing other things.

ok
so what just hunker down and power through?
end goal have own business?

SHOPPED

You niggers need to realize a shop when it's a shop.

that juicy assssss
Underwater welding.. it's a thing, ched it out.

Average underwater welder only makes it to 55yo. Sporadic work, however you are compensated well.

Walmart workers start at $12 in trade-heavy areas like the Midwest

Construction manager is a great trade, as well as being a rotary drill operator. very well paid.

>morepics

is that Jamaica? i was just there

Do what you love doing and you'll never have to work a day in your life.

>2016
>falling for le manly trade maymay

Nuclear/Process welding. 200KUS$ a year and half the day is waiting for your x-ray approvals to keep adding bead.

Be a fruit and veg salesman, my gran and a lot of other people buy fruit and veg quite often from the local market. You first have to learn the difference between an apple and a celery stick then you have to tackle the different measuring systems, it's tough going at first but the rewards certainly pay off.

Btw op go for robotics or electrical engineering. Automation-proof, very secure, super interesting and practical. Also you can build terminators.

le manly trade maymay is much better than racking up debt for most degrees, for US people.

how do you become those?i knew a underwater welder.
not worth it
way too scary

VIRGIN

this is a meme right?

if only the one on the right had the lefts ass.

?

You get a WAY better ROI on learning a trade versus going 50k in debt and getting a 4 year degree when youre gonna end up working as a barista

the fuck are you talking about?

most tradesmen make 80-100k or more

that is not 10 dollars an hour.

holy shid

How the fuck do I even get into CNC machine and or injection molding?

I also thought about being a elect4rician helper because this job will offer an apprenticeship after a year of working

As a Diesel mechanic I agree you could well but it's really hard on the eyes and the fume suck. HVAC also isn't limited homes and businesses they have trucks that are cooled

yes, you'll end up hating your work and your life.
try something you wouldnt mind hating

It's actually a statement with double meanings.

On one hand if you end up in a profession you really love you'll feel like you're not working.

And on the other if what you truly love isn't a viable profession you really will end up not working ever.

where do you get all these pics? upload an album mate

the easiest way is probably try to get the cheapest related certification or training course you can do in order to get some links and do some networking into the industry, after you set your foot in the door it shouldnt be too hard.

Downsides: you will have to work on oil rigs, can be daunting, some tasks might be very dangerous
Pros: shitload of money, hard to be unemployed, no education required, the sector is still growing very strong

>started nonprofit with friend
>easy grant money and donations because we help kids
>56k salary (prett good for where I live)
>work 6 hours a day, spend most of that time not working

life is good. Non profits are a good way to have a steady, low-risk job without having to pay off business loans. Downside is it's a lot of work to start and there's not much room for advancement or amassing wealth

Marley time?
infinity-sidewayschan/hnt/res/1967.html

ive ben doing electrical for about a year, the two main different paths are remodel, and new construction, remodels are way more difficult and not as comfy as new buildings but you get paid to fiddle if you like that.

I wanna see big fat white ass, not big fat white titties

just my personal 10gb collection

Looks disgusting. Are you a negro?

>asian

can you upload it anywhere? or the best parts of it? it looks like a great collection. i'll give you consulting advice via email/links to good companies to apply to.

If you like guns, go for gunsmithing. What I'm currently in school for.

That's what I like to see. Keep it comin.

How do you get a job in that field after the year 1870

Become a web programmer. Fuck computer science, just web programmer.

Then one day you'll reach the mythical "Full Stack" status and be throttled to Olympus, to be put in charge of a bunch of software engineers and/or computer science majors who will hate you for being a dirty fucking pleb, but they'll have to shut the fuck up and obey you, as your limitless knowledge of bugs, dirty hacks and workarounds for the hellish clusterfuck that is web design will be much superior to their sense of entitled self-importance, whiny mathematical bullshit and retarded technobabble.

Electricalfag here, would definitely recommend. Just have to be good at math

>
post my man

Nigger detected.

Who do you think makes firearms and repairs firearms?

UPLOAD IT

I drive a tractor/trailer.

Took me a month to take the course and pass the test (most courses range from 1-6 months depending on where you go.

Drive for a company doing OTR van which means I just pick up and drop of trailers and don't touch anything.

Out for a month or so at a time with a week 'home'. My truck is pretty much my home and has everything. Satellite Tv, computer, refrigerator, high speed internet, etc.

Make about 80k a year. Could make more if I was an owner/operator but there are hassles that come with that (buying your own fuel, paying your own tolls, insurance and service, etc)

I was talking to an owner op yesterday at a truck stop who does coast to coast runs servicing one or two accounts and he said he makes about 200k a year before all the payments but he does literally stay in his truck for 10 months out of the year.

It's a good gig if you don't have anything at home holding you down

A factory?

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

Local 134 electrician here, I didn't know Wal-Mart workers made $92,000 a year. Why am I busting my ass in a skilled trade?

Ah holy shit you are a nigger.

I just built a data center, small (relatively) one for a telecom. It was crazy how many electricians were on. 50 some mil for the job and they had about 100 at their peak. Union I.T guys are in ibew. As far as I know they have the best pension plan but there's tons of lay offs around me. Highest paid right now I think are sprinkler guys.
I frame mainly, bit of drywall bit of ceilings. Money's not the best but it's easy as hell and tons of side jobs around.
Get into body work. If you find a good painter booze him up on payday and get him to teach you everything. You're into art. Most guys I know make more airbrushing after than at work

And when your whole livelihood is destroyed in 10-20 years by automation?

Learn to program. Thats the easiest fucking trade there is. No degree needed and i make fucking bank.

goddamn faggot OP with his glorious collection sharing like 4 pics at the time

I know everyone on Sup Forums is gonna shit themselves because "MUH UNIONS" but contact somebody at a nearby Building and Allied Trades Council

bctd.org/Index.aspx

They'll be able to give you the lowdown on what employment rates are like, what wages are like, and other assorted details.

Wages and benefits tend to be much better in states with prevailing wage laws, so keep that in mind too.

Do you get paid that much in China?

upload some

>tfw you will find a kind hearted white blonde girl with blue eyes who dislikes minorities as much as you do and wants many children

Sounds comfy desu. I've always thought that if my marriage/family didn't work out I'd become a trucker.

I fucking love guns actually
i was actually looking to get a job at the local range just for a while. think it would be fun.
gunsmithing would be dope
how do i get into it?
is there really schools?

>jew

Nutted.

Thx op

Good luck convincing the public that an automation can haul a 40k load for 2,000 miles doing an average of 75mph without incidents.

I'll be long retired before they even get close. Actually we'll all be dead of old age long before then

>but you wake up too soon

Building is one thing, but each datacenter has a dedicated, full-time staff of tradesmen for upkeep.

Trades are cool because of the ease of entry and high wage

HOWEVER

it fucks up your body, and depending on where you live, it might be difficult getting an apprenticeship.

please stop giving OP advice until he uploads his folder

SHIEETTTT

im trying to upload the rest but it wont let me upload any more photos without saying upload fail now.

Trades are memes. Don't tie yourself to a job. Go learn business principles by reading books and get a decent paying job in the meanwhile.

After studying, working, lifting for 1-2 years you'll be a Chad and can raise capital to start a worthwhile venture.

I would suggest a service company that can outprice competitors and you can raise prices as you get loyal customers.

Any contracting firm works. i.e Logistics/Trucking, automobile repair, commercial cleaning, interior/exterior housework, etc..

Basically, organize a system that when you get paid, you have enough to pay your workers & other business expenses and repeat all over again.

Then your job is mostly sales/marketing/business development at that point.

electrical/instrumenation
200k in the right situation

It's really not too bad. Other truckers are (generally) overwhelmingly friendly.

You have to go a few days in between showers and that's really the hardest thing to get used to

where are you uploading them?

>Good luck convincing the public that a person can haul a 40k load for 2,000 miles doing an average of 75mph with less incidents then a machine
fixed that for you, moron

test