Fever Dreams

ITT Movies we could have sworn were just fever dreams we had as children.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kt3sbclAbu8
youtube.com/watch?v=HeMeBhkYGlg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=tTBu2zwlpGo
youtube.com/watch?v=Uw9bny88OuY
youtube.com/watch?v=CxydrJeB4Mk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I have these memories of a movie where the main character was a Scottish frog, the villain was his evil, shape-shifting aunt from the medieval Era who turned him into a frog, and at one point Big Ben got stolen. No idea what it was called.

might be called "kid user has allergic reaction to measles shot and wakes up three days later in bed"

Thing is, I swear to god I watched it multiple times.

Was the frog play by Jean Reno?

You're probably thinking of Freddie as F.R.O.7., and you didn't dream it.

Not something as a child, but more recently I've got something in my mind where two characters are having a dream, or are in dream land anyway. It's split in half, one side is having a good dream, the other is having a bad dream.

The dude in the bad dream is trying to make his friend from the good dream come over so he doesn't feel as lonely and eventually I think he succeeds and they're both in a bad dream.

That's all I remember and I don't know if it actually exists or I was dreaming myself. Any ideas?

>Big Ben got stolen

pretty sure some people here saw this as kids

how yall turn out?

Every land before time after the third one. They still make them, apparently.

There was a whole thing where they had a big cardboard cut out of it to fool The Queen.

This might actually have been a fever dream, but I remember an episode of Goof Troop where Goofy and Pete went to space and Pete fucking dies by falling into the sun.

Seriously, this has been bothering me lately. Was this real?

I remember watching the American version narrated by James Earl Jones himself.

I kinda liked it as a kid.

Fuck you Pan

youtube.com/watch?v=Kt3sbclAbu8

One just came out his February.

This movie I saw in French about Pirates where a red headed girl exposed her breasts.

Invader Zim

Here you go user.

22 jump street, you babby.

this is why you don't put very young children as central characters.

OH my fuck I remember that shit.

Huh, I distinctly remember it being an animation, something sort of like Madagascar but you might be right actually.
I'll have to rewatch 22 Jump Street to know for sure, but I can't be arsed doing that currently

>Main Character is a frog
>It's Ben Kingsley doing a shit french accent
Glorious

I recently rediscovered this one after some user posted it on a nostalgia thread.

It was a drug fuelled hallucination like in the first movie.

That's probably it, I'll have to check but it seems right. Thanks lad

It was on my mind for a while, I just never bothered asking much

Fluppy dogs. A made for TV movie by Disney that was supposed to be a pilot that bombed hard so it never made it into a series.

Saw this when it came out and it constantly leaves my memory. No one talks about it.

i swear i saw this in the cinema as a child but the only reason i remember it is because of an advertisement in a lego magazine

holy shit i'd forgotten all about this

Was gonna post this.

There was a Pound Puppies movie that I could have sworn I hade made it up until I saw it again

Nah, I remember it quite distinctly. They had the bad guy drink the transformation potion, turn into a malformed human underwater and drown. I think he even got swallowed up by a pipe vent.
Also, the theme song is stuck in my head to this day.

I'm a little little fish in a deep blue sea...

glad you didnt, satan.

We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story, that circus scene. Last year I finally found this film here at Sup Forums, rewatched it and, besides that scene, it's utter shit. Too bad.

Fuck, that's the one.

Banjo the Woodpile Cat.

Most of the memories I had of it were scenes extremely similar to scenes from Oliver and Company, but I knew Oliver didn't involve three neon colored burlesque dancing cats.

Was it Asterix and the Vikings?

Spy Kids
I legit thought it was a dream i had for about a week

I remember seeing an old cartoon about a girl that somehow shrunk to the size of a bug, and later on meets critters like cockroaches and a queen ant. I believe they had musical numbers.

There are a couple of films you might be thinking of. Could be The Ant Bully, Epic, Thumbelina, etc. Do you remember any details like animation style, films or cartoons it may look a little similar to, whether it was 2d or CG, and around what year you saw it?

It's older than the ones you mentioned and not quite good in quality, it seems to be aimed at toddlers or something.

Not a dream, but my mother used to sing the song from this to herself all the time and it wasn't until well into adulthood that I found out it was from this cartoon:

youtube.com/watch?v=HeMeBhkYGlg

She also once quoted the "cats eat the rats" line from an old movie called Maniac, and it was awkward as hell because nobody knew what she was talking about.

It's gonna be fun getting old when children won't understand our pop culture references.

Are you sure it wasn't an adaptation of Thumbelina? There have been a couple of those.

Ferngully was a trip.

Yeah I'm pretty it's not Thumbelina. I think she was just an ordinary girl that got shrunk.

pretty sure*

I know that one.

"Dot and Keeto."

Had it on tape.

The beginning was with IRL and then turned into cartoons. The villain was a faceless ghost and a fat blue guy was the god one. It was insane...the travel happened for no reason at all

YES! That is the one!

This..movie was kinda spooky even

There was one with some magic shit coming from a cauldron and the heroes had to stop it from doing its thang. They had this annoying sidekick that was like gray and a mix between a terrier dog and a sloth but he jumped into the fucking pot to kill himself and save the day? Anyone remember? I remember reenacting that scene on my front porch by jumping dramatically in the bushes.

Sup Forums and /x/ couldn't help me so I might as well try it here.

There was a surreal family-oriented live-action movie I watched in the 20:15 slot on SRTL in the late 90s.

>boy gets out of bed at night
>opens his closet which turns into a seemingly endless illuminated hallway
>walks it into a surreal apocalyptic fantasy world full of bones and spooky skellingtons
>smashes a huge glass barrier/dome with a skull
>lots of spooky happenings in depressing sceneries
The last scene I remember before getting sent to bed were a bunch of hooded figures with lamb/goat skulls/masks chasing the protagonist(s?) in a castle/dungeon setting. The whole movie was similar to The Neverending Story, except way darker and more melancholic.

Please, you're probably the last board who could help me.

There's this christmas special called A Cool Like That Christmas that aired only once, swore I'd imagined it til recently. Had whoopi goldberg, Patrick Ewing and boys 2 men.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tTBu2zwlpGo

The black cauldron, probably the least known disney animated flick. And also the most metal.

The Black Cauldron. It's a Disney movie.

Awww shit dawg yeah! And this fucking potbelly pig too! Ah I gotta rewatch it.

The Black Cauldron

Black Cauldron, probably the most obscure film in the Disney Animated Canon

Please tell me you're kidding

Time Bandits. The ending was pretty abrupt

Its also very old

Just to be clear: the affects were done in puppetry, right? Not stop motion or animation or anything?

And are you reasonably sure this was a movie and not an episode of an anthology tv series like Are You Afraid of the Dark or something similar?

I keep hang a recurring memory of a weird ass Ronald McDonald cartoon I on VHS back in the day

"Mom! Dad! Don't touch it! It's evil!"

That ending fucked me up so hard as a kid, even if his parents were total jerkasses. But it was a very Gilliam ending.

>"Mom! Dad! Don't touch it! It's evil!"
>KABOOM!

Man, I damn near busted a gut after that. Funniest bit of the entire movie.

Being a child of the 80s, whenever I told people about 'that weird wizard movie' they always thought I meant the Nintendo movie by the same title
Only recently did I see this movie again and learn that it was not a fever dream it was not my imagination it wasnt even a regular dream. It was a crappy animated film from the 70s

god this movie is too weird for kids

Surely it's one of the biggest WTF moments I had while watching movies.

>THEY KILLED FRITZ!

Holy shit, that's it.
It looks somehow even spookier and better made than I remember it to be, it's usually the other way around.

Thank you.

I've had so many weird dreams based on this I honestly couldn't tell where my imagination began and what the actual cartoon was even about.

I do remember being especially proud of reading "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" beforehand, and not getting spoiled by the common knowledge that, spoilers! Jekyll and Hyde are the same person with split personalities!

Oh yeah. Stupid little me thought it was a Home Alone movie.

RENEW IT

Another forgotten memory from childhood I recently found.
I used to tell my friends this was 'the animated Star Wars movie'
After seeing it again as an adult...well thats pretty much what it is. Except the main character gets called 'water snake' by the Hal Solo ripoff thru the whole film.
Not bad overall but it had that awkward early animated movie feel to it. Charming, but Star Wars does what it does better.

oh, there was also a bat train inspector with a hat covering his eyes

There's this one movie where the kid defeats the main villain who is this shadow creature by listing a bunch of types of sciences such as biology and oceanology and causes him to wither away into smoke I remember nothing else about the movie aside from that scene.

Thanks, now I can remember the name of the movie That I'm pretty sure gave my my first boner
I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY

Flight of Dragons

Flight of Dragons

I love you lads this has been haunting me for years

A boy hanged out with greek gods who had aninal heads

My dad had this thing where a random phrase, one single word, would remind him of a song or line from a movie and he'd then recite it from memory with absolutely no explanation. You'd be talking to him and at random he'd quote some ten year old movie that nobody else had seen and nobody would no what the hell he was doing. Used to drive me nuts.
Now I do it. I didn't figure out I was doing it until about two years ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=Uw9bny88OuY
this
This is Flight of Dragons. Its a damned good movie, and I woulda paid good monies if it turned into a series

I remember that movie being pretty terrifying at points. There's the part where the kids are sneaking through the tunnels and some crazy ass barbarian comes roaring out at them that always scared me.
And the Horned King was metal as fuck.

Shit, I remember this! Goddamn that takes me back.
I don't know if I ever saw the full movie though, I just remember the beginning.

I think I once had a nightmare about the ogre as a kid.

And for a while when I couldn't remember where it was from, I'd remember the scene where they are being attacked by those goblinlike creatures that are driving them mad with a weird banshee cry sound and they have to focus on songs to keep sane so the main character starts singing "Oh Susana." That scene used to haunt me.

Really great movie overall.

the whole thing is somewhere on youtube. dont settle for the crappy version someone uploaded recently with a moving animated frame, dig around its there

Sorry, man, it's not ringing a bell.

>It was insane...the travel happened for no reason at all
Can you elaborate on this part?

>Dorothy sent to a mental institution to be electrically lobotomized for talking about Oz
>flood carries her back there, where she finds the Yellow Brick Road broken and overgrown
>Emerald City is a barren ruin and everyone is turned to stone with their heads cut off, with messages scrawled in blood
>cackling clowns on wheels that sound like hospital gurneys chase her around
>evil sorceress that can take off her head kidnaps Dorothy to wait for her to grow up to harvest her head
>room of screaming severed heads
>giant stop motion stone man that melts into a giant skeleton in actual hell trying to crush and eat Dorothy

another classic from the Walt Disney Company. You know, for the kids.

>that flashback scene where the blue wolf thing brutally slaughters a family having an idyllic picnic
I'm not too sure it really happened or my mind was playing tricks on me. This was a time when my country was still renowned for its good dub quality and most anime was translated directly from Japanese, rather than adapting American 4kids shit, it could have happened.
That scene didn't feel out of place at all, it was unexpectedly disturbing. First you see a beautiful picture of a family camping happily, the next frame you see a pack of blue wolves with blood smeared all over them.

And fuck this show,
>cute human female lead
>monstergirls
>kemono/furries
it gave me way too many preteen boners.

there was no given explanation for the kid going in and out of the cartoon.
Iremember there was some pretty depressing shit, his dad died or something, but a the end of the movie he's happy to live again.
I think the words magic or enchated were in the title..magic rail-road,something like that

To be fair, most of that stuff was taken from the books.

Except for the mental institute and electroshock therapy. I dunno what the fuck they were thinking when they put that in. Originally Dorothy was just in a shipwreck and nearly drowned before washing up near Oz.

The movie is about some weird apocalyptic future and the heroes are weird little dummies and some of them died, and there also was a doctor i think and the enemies were some kind of alien like machines. Also i think there was time travel involved. Shit i don't know, I was having a really bad fever when i wached it.

It's "9"

The stuff from the original was too, except they took out the entire trip to the South.

It's pretty cool how differently the same stories by the same writer can be presented by different directors.

Sounds like American McGee's Alice.

Except it's from 1985.

It's basically a Silent Hill movie.

Probably not it, but all that comes to mind for me is Night on the Galactic Railroad.

youtube.com/watch?v=CxydrJeB4Mk
i watched this while home sick with the flu.