Is Nolan a hack?

Is Nolan a hack?

It's an homage.
Same way Batman rushing to Gotham harbor with a bomb at the end of Dark Knight Rises is a reference to the 1966 Batman movie.

Is your mom a hack because her children and her turds turned out the same?

Just watched the prestige last night abysmal movie desu.

A hack? compared to modern auteurs like Max Landis, maybe.
But he was ok for his time.

Cesar Romero is a hack for not shaving off that ass mustache

This desu

that's his only decent movie

Watch more movies the prestige is utter shite. Terrible dialogue (as usual) horrible acting, the most obvious 'twist' ever, pointless flat characters, uninteresting, uninspired. Typical nolan hackery

In 1942's Batman #9 a disguised Joker robs a bank and when he's about to leave he reveals his identity.

This is one of the only interesting things about this film, a rare homage he gave a shit about, bc like Burton, he couldnt be bothered to give a hoot about the text. Nolan's "Batman" was an ineffectual weakling, his Joker though performed well was more like Anarky. Yes, he's a hack cinematically as well. Sloppy, no sense of the frame, staging, visual relation, can't write natural human dialogue to save his life. Like Lucas tier sand shit.

have a (you) user

yes, but not for that reason

I am just now aware how much has Heath Ledger's hairline already receeded in 2008 and that that's probably the main point why most TDK Joker cosplays just don't look right.

I don't like him at all generally, but The Prestige is somehow an ok film, a decent movie, but a pretty good flick.

>that dialogue
I don't get how adults read these without feeling intellectually insulted.

Unironically name one positive thing about the movie.

Don't bother naming the acting, the script or the directing though all 100% trash

You could say the same for nolan movies. People are dumb as fuck

Its a 1930 panel for kids.

Modern ones have no dumb exposition like that, and are worse for it

t.hipster

>Just watched the prestige last night

I couldn't even make it through one viewing of that piece of shit.

>Paying homage to an earlier piece of work suddenly makes you a hack

Directors do it all the time, especially directors of capeshit.

Okay I'll bite.

It has a great non linear narrative structure, great editing with use of past and present cutting, great production design, great costume design, cinematography that supports the narrative. I would say the performances are great too (Bale playing basically two different characters throughout the whole film) but you will just say "it's shit" so why even bother.

Thanks 4 the you reddit

Bale did alright but he was the only one. Nothing subtle about his preformance at all either. I agree the cinematography and editing were good its still a very bad flick. Well made as usual for nolan but bad in the ways that really matter

indeed, 60s Batman is beloved campy fun

prestige gave me a really annoying headache and i have not tried to watch it since then

tfw a brainlet

Was about to check if this was an Armond White quote until I saw the last sentence

How wasn't his performance subtle? So you noticed from the start that he was actually playing two different characters throughout the whole film?
Also please specify what did you exactly find as "bad".

>lol it was actually magic

Prestige is fucking shit. Probably Nolans worst.

That is kino

such a low effort bait, you can do better user

As much as this?

The subtlety it's lost on you.

>84995815
have a (you)

You sir are an astute intellect indeed. Cheers to you my good man, for deigning to talk motion pictures with the chaps.

>I don't like you so you're reddit and I'm Sup Forums true voice
Nice try

do you think that there can be a story in which batman and the joker have sex?

>homage
>allusion
>framing device
what are those?
oh he must be a hack

>t. comic book reading manchild

>auteur
>Landis
Pick neither

t. Capeshit watching manchild