Paramount's 2017 lineup

Paramount's 2017 lineup

>Monster Trucks
>XXX 3
>Rings
>Ghost in the Shell
>Baywatch
>Transformers 5

All of them flopped or underperformed. How fucked are they?

maybe they should try making a good film

>Daily reminder this studio made Hitchcock's highlights, Godfather trilogy, Chinatown, etc

RIP

Jews and Japs can't do anything right.

Why do you people care whether any given studio makes money? People are paid to care about such things because it is boring. Go see movies that are good and don't see bad movies and let the people who are paid to care about this boring shit deal with it.

Fuck off Marvel/disney shill

Anyone who doesn't have a superhero property is pretty fucked. Disney is approaching monopoly on hollywood profits it it werent for Warner Bros.

They're doing so badly they might as well sell the studio to Sony.

yeah why discuss the film industry on a film and television board? dumb fuck

LOL they have the same market share as Sony which is fucking horrible

Ghost in the Shell was good

Which will be the first to go? Sony or Paramount?

Transformers only flopped domestically.

If you go by upcoming releases? Paramount. They'll both manage to survive though.

Jews going broke makes me happy.

Sup Forums getting BTFO makes me happy.

Paramount still has Mission Impossible. And they can also reboot Transformers and stay as far away from Bay's interpretation.

Rings flopping made them cancel the Friday the 13th found footage reboot

> On February 6, 2017, it was announced that Paramount has officially canceled the project due to the low box office grossings of Rings, with the release date of October 13, 2017 instead going to the upcoming film, Mother!.
mfw it's true

Still surprised Lionsgate is so high up there.

Good. Why would you make Friday the 13th as a fucking found footage movie?

>>XXX 3
that was kino and a hit though

>franchise
>franchise
>sequel
>media conversion
>media conversion
>media conversion and franchise

not one original idea, hollywood has been dead for at least 5 years

It's a shame they dumped Monster Trucks in January. That would have been a great summer flick.

Why wont Hollywood try to make good films again?

I understand that the shitty studios that shit out superhero movies will do it until it wont make them more money, but the companies that keep making shitty action and adventure movies

Why wont they give one third of the budet to a good director and they'll make something good.

With small budgets they are doomed to at least make something - some people will watch it

For example Terry Zwigoff who they wont give a deal anymore could make 9 films to almost nothing of the budget from the shitty movie called Monster Trucks that I just looked up

and the list goes on
when will kino make a comeback???

not at all because china's transformers box office makes up for anything they do

>not at all because china's transformers box office makes up for anything they do
isnt that movie failing in china after week 1?

The Hollywood business model has changed. They make movies for the entire world now, and so most of what they put out is meaningless shit. Smaller more personal films have tinier and tinier budgets and just go straight to VOD or streaming or DVD.

If I was a wealthy man, I would love to produce and distribute smaller films by talented individuals with something to say, and withhold them from streaming, etc. Like, make that a point in the ads. "If you want to see this, you will have to go to the theater." And have it be a movie people will actually want to see. Otherwise people will keep staying home, waiting for good films to appear on Netflix or Amazon or Redbox or whatever, only going to the theaters (multiplexes generally) for big spectacle films. I think something like that from a known name could revitalize theaters and film itself.

(I'm a huge fan of home video, but movies are for the big screen. There's something important about seeing them on a huge screen with an audience.)

> Someone actually wrote that script, someone it approved, and someone funded it with hundreds of millions of dollars
Wew. Let Hollywood burn.

They under performed but most of those still turned a profit just fine. Only Monster Trucks and Ghost in the Shell lost money. They'll be able to tread water for a while.

not gonna happen

Because it's "tv and movies", not "tv, movies, showbiz, waifus, feet and bbc"

Paramount still has the Star Trek dead horse to beat a few more shekels out of.