Question for english bois

how do you feel about english being the international language ? do you assume it's just the natural continuation of european (especially english) colonization ? do you feel excessively proud ? do you care ?

i'm asking because, i would be crazy proud of my cunt if the world talked my language for international conversation and affairs, i wouldn't shut up about it because i'm a french asshole

Why do French people put the extra space before the question mark, like this ? Do you do the same for exclamation mark !

It's fucking annoying, isn't it ?

mostly just convenient, don't feel proud or anything

It may have been due to our cultural influence at the start but it's just due to Americanisation now

yeah i fucking love it mate
second place is nothing to be ashamed of though pierre :)

On one hand it's lucky because I can live in basically any country since they accomodate me. On the other hand I never had the chance to be bilingual which makes it a lot harder to learn another language if I want to.

It is !

American English is the international language, not British English

it's normal for us, it's more clear and precise. like the way you put a space before writing more after a comma or a dot

i find it hard to be annoying, not letting a space looks botched and neglected. that shouldn't be at least more frustrating than the !spanish way of using them!

out of a hundred countries in the world, i'm not worried at all about that. too bad china and the usa stole our places

isn't it the same. hearing both english and american english doesn't sound different. not as different as quƩbecquois and french, which is a fucking mess of a difference

I actually don't like it, it feels like you don't have your own language any more. No use crying over spilt milk though.

Please don't laugh at us Jean

>how do you feel about english being the international language ?

certainly makes dealing with issues easier when abroad

>do you assume it's just the natural continuation of european (especially english) colonization ?

I suppose so

>do you feel excessively proud?

Not particularly, but it is always a nice thing to see a foreigner who genuinely enjoys speaking my language and equally gratifying to hear the odd person bitch about having to speak English... in English

>do you care?
having English as my native language is life in the easy lane, it never occurred to me to be proud of that

So I assume you are an actual English from England. How do you feel seeing American soyboys brag about English even though they are disgusting mutts whose ancestry is probably more Irish, Polish, African, German and Italian than English.

english bois are made to please european cock

I couldn't care less. They can brag all they want whilst the rest of the world looks on and laughs.

It's great because most good media is either in english or has an english translation
in terms of colonial legacy I don't care

i don't care it just means i never had to learn another language

feels good man

It sucks, what's the point learning another language when everyone speaks English

everyone speaks english differently
africans have their own accent
indians have their own accent
asians have their own as well

english is the best language
so it's brilliant

well most of the modern world speaks (or at least understands it) if not as thier first language then as their second I'd say its fair to think of it in that way. Being Britsh its natural to assume I'd think of it as best but thats largely as my brain is too bust by age & drink to take in others nowadys.
Of course the empire had a lost to do with the spread which as far as I'm concerned at least means if I go abroad I'll be able to cope decently in most countries. I see it as more a convinience in that respet.

I enjoy having English as the global language, it is a sign of how successful the anglosphere is and Britain influence on the world.
I do regret however that we didn't properly teach Americans English and that we are embracing pigeon English rather than snubbing it out.

i didn't understand anything that you wrote

>being proud of your language bein slaughtered on a daily basis by johhny foreigners to plot how to bring down bongland

You don't know anything about how the current spelling differences between our respective iterations came to be. Spelling was not standardized until the 19th century concurrently in your county and mine. There was difference of opinion, simple as that.

Tri harder user

He's drinking and assuming he'll be understood outside his country.

Yeah it's not your language though. it's like if Argies started trying to "reform" Welsh

It's a double edges sword. On the one hand, we needn't learn a second one if we don't want to. On the other hand, if we want to learn another, it's considerably harder for us than someone whose first language isn't english.

It also robs us of a language unique to our culture, I work with tons of poles/romanians, some spanish and portuguese. They're constantly talking to one another in front of us in their own languages, which is not only extremely rude, but alienates us and reminds us that we don't get a language just for us.

whatever you say frog

>2nd
more like 18th

It looks a bit unbalanced, desu. Like it's supposed to just be another word. Having no space makes the sentence separation more clear.

Spanish one makes sense, sorta, but looks too much like training wheels.