Noenglishtugal

>Noenglishtugal

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sQkO4uzacZw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is this fake news? Surely portuguese, spaniards and french cant be that bad at english

>self reported
>intothetrashitgoes.jpg

>Europeans are educat-

I'm really glad they added England and Ireland to the statistics instead of Norway and Russia

it is fake, France should have less than 10 %

Kek, your language is dying

They can be. They dub everything to their native languages and never learn English

Hmm I wonder if there's a reason they included those exact countries and none of the others

are you for real?

pretty sad desu

Africans are keeping it alive

Must be fake, no way 34% of italians can hold a conversation in english. It's much lower than that.

I don't think even a 10% population can hold a conversation in English in Spain.

Idc desu, better for me and my cryptic-autist-slang.

imagine watching american films with swedish dubs

jag kommer tillbaka t. terminator

"England" and Ireland are both members of the anti-norwegian and russophobe league

What? I just assumed they couldn't get a hold of data in those countries.
Or is Eurobarometer some Soccer league that only these countries are a part of or something?

We only dub children's cartoons. Subs on everything else. That is why we have a better ear for other languages than Spaniards and Brazilians do.

>american education

honestly I understand if old people in your country don't care about being able to follow international media and research but surely young people there learn english in school, and see the value of it? what arguments could people even have against becoming bilingual

>France 39%

the bait is weak, Cody

youd need to have a good education system that isnt of third world standards, and no third world people

tolmácsot szeretnék kérni

They don't have arguments against it, they just don't care. All media gets translated/dubbed here.

And yes, english is mandatory in school, but most people just never bother to learn it well and quickly forget the bit they have learned.

I know most of my friends can't speak english that much, and we're talking about young people with higher than average education.

Thank god

Same thing here.

>tfw you can't hold a conversation in your own language

>(SELF-REPORTED)

More than I expected from Cyprus, but that could just be because of all the money laundering.

>95+
What

Good.

babies and pakis

Jelou, ai am spiking inglish :)

Look at this map
And then look at a map of the EU
Notice anything?

>+

theres always one

Could've fooled me. Whatever language the brits are speaking clearly isn't english.

Brits*

English*

Mutt, if you're going to insult someone over their native language, you'd better be sure you can speak yours first

welsh rednecks don't speak english

*Mutt, if you're going to insult someone over their native language, you'd better be sure you can speak yours first(.)

All these South Europeans need to take classes with JOSETXO

youtube.com/watch?v=sQkO4uzacZw

depending on nignog population growth it could become the world's most spoken language soon

>fat
>bad English
>weapons
Is this guy American?

understood like two words he said
I have to concentrate really hard to get it

why are northern europeans so good at english?

This. Self-reported data usually isn't worth a damn.

Ireland and Bongistan are in the EU while Norway and Russia aren't you dingus.

Maybe because English is Germanic? Idk, just a guess.

they have no culture on their own

they have no culture on their own

They don't have dubs for movies, videogames, etc. and their small population disables them from having big movie industries and shit.

Its not the case in France, Spain, Italy or Germany, these countries are able to get everything translated in their languages so they don't have to watch subbed shit.

English classes are totally useless here, I never learned english in school, only on internet

Portuguese is fake, they speak English as far as I know. Way more than 22%, at least for a basic conversation.

In Spain there's no way the 27% of population speak English lol. Not even 15% I'd say. Just finding someone who can help you as a tourist on the streets (without "emmm", making up new words or mixing English and Spanish) is hard.

They don't dubb movies.
They get used to English since they are kids with cartoons.
Videogames.
Internet in general.
Good education system.
Irrelevant languages that force them to learn a lingua franca.
Germanic languages are closer to English so they have a better accent that latin languages speakers.

Yet everyone at a job interview looks at you like a pile of mediocre trash when you show them your CAE.

their language is similar to the english language

the fuck are they supposed to do instead?
violently rip their cerebral cortex out?

WELCOME TO MURICA, WE SPEAK ENLGISH ONLY YEEEE HAW

I can't even imagine how claustrophobic and limiting it must feel to not be able to speak English this day and age. Shit must suck.

Not Finnish to be fair.
That said, to translate something from Swedish into English, you pretty much just have to replace the words and it will come out fine since the grammar is almost identical. The only big differences as far as I know is we have compound words and don't use "the".

>The only big differences as far as I know is we have compound words
We have compound words, too, though?

Error margin you mong
They much more americanised than Southern european countries. Lower number of people speaking the language(of course it'll be less interesting to dub something for 10 millions instead of 40), producing fewer cultural products.
Language are generally much closer to english,both grammatically and phonetically. Finnish is an exception.

It's just a lot of factor. Reverse all that and you have France or Italy, which pretty much are self sustainable in term of doing stuff on their own.

Japan is an example of that. Decades of American imperialism and cultural exchanges. Hundreds if not thousands of loan words from English, but because they can basically live by speaking japanese for all their life, they just don't feel the pressure to speak english.

I didn't realize Norway wasn't part of the EU until now

Yeah but to my knowledge only specific words that generally have their own meaning.

Like you can write repairman because repairman is a own word in a dictionary, but if you were to write say "computerrepairman" it would look like you just missed a space. Whereas in Sweden, as long as you are speaking about a specific thing it's compounded. Even if it's something absurd like: "Computerrepairmanschoolteacherassitstantmanualwriters".

Oh neat, I didn't know that. I thought that was just German.

Actually sometimes Norway takes part in some Eurobarometers, but it makes sense that they didn't on this one because most of the questions are related to situations related to the European Union and the target population covers only nationals of the European Union aged 15 and over

lmao lithuania latvia and estonia
why you guys do that? this is your way of preparing for another russian annexation or russian minority is that large?

>nationals of the European Union
This also explains the discrepancy between some Special Eurobarometer results and subsequent or previous Census results, for example according to the Special Eurobarometer 386 80% percent of Estonians have Estonian as a mother tongue and 19% Russian in 2012, but according to the 2011 Census the percentages are 68.5% and 29.6% respectively, again this can be explained given that non-nationals in Estonians are way more likely to be Russian speakers than nationals in Estonia.

>Polish education

The key here is "hold a conversation".

We can barely do it in Portuguese.

>Not CPE
brainlet

But I love Ruski qts?