Suicide Squad

Early reactions on twitter are mixed to positive. Cast and action scenes being praised, pacing and tone being criticized, Jared Leto's performance seems to have people split right at the middle.

Overall, it's shaping up to be as divisive as Man of Steel and Batman V Superman. Tracking for the opening day also dropped from $125 million to $115 million. Still record-breaking in theory.

What are your thoughts, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aT7lVb1VfH4
youtube.com/watch?v=gRCwnLrrxyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=gCSc6E4yG9s
youtu.be/taLO2yKqxRg
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=216&v=0dx4wD4TTyk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>What are your thoughts, Sup Forums?
I've not seen it yet.

>Overall, it's shaping up to be as divisive as Man of Steel and Batman V Superman.
So, people are too stupid to understand it? :^)

The Leto thing is to be expected because plebs think Heath's Joker is how Joker is suppose to act even though it was nothing like comics Joker.

I'm sure DCucks will use that excuse for this one too, yes.

My prediction:

RT: 50% - 70%
BO: US$ 700mi - US$ 800mi

Pros:
Waller, Harley, Slipknot, better than Batman vs Superman

Cons:
Joker, Deadshot, not enough Katana and Boomerang, cheesy writing

Meanwhile, there still remains nothing worth remembering from "The Incredible Hulk".

>Slipknot
Stealth Oscar for Supporting Role.

Random tangent you went for there, bro.

You salty or something?

I think it will do between the 500-600ml range. I may be underestimating the "Hot Topic" audience, tho. RT...yeah, seems about right.

>Pros
Waller seems pretty nice, Harley it's all about how well she's written or she will come off as grating, Slipknot is obviously the film's secret co-star.

>Cons
I am not sold on Leto's joker. I mean he's not a bad actor, but I'm not feeling his voice at all. Looks like he's trying too hard: I fear Lex v2. Hope the movie proves otherwise, though.
Deadshot...will smith plays will smith. Neutral on that, he's tolerable. Katana and boomerang? The writing? No opinion. Even assuming the leaks are true, I can't judge off that.

Right, and being a juggalo fits Joker better.
Heath was basically Golden Age Joker, and acted better than what we've seen of MOM'S.

I still have tickets for opening evening, I don't give a fuck.

>what I'm looking forward to
Waller
Boomer
Diablo
Katana
Croc
Spooky magical shit with Enchantress and everything

>things I'm still iffy on
Harley and Joker

>things I'm really not looking forward to
Will Smith as Deadshot

>Overall, it's shaping up to be as divisive as Man of Steel and Batman V Superman
Great, another movie where I'm going to be the only one I know who likes it.

>RT: 50% - 70%
It's going to get a 50% RT at absolute best. It'll probably end up around 40% since now the general public is going to hate DC thanks to BvS.

BvS is unironically my 3rd favorite capeshit movie and I thought Eisenberg gave a great performance. How's that for unpopular?

Seeing it the day of.
>Excited tier
Boomer
KATAAANA and memes that come with her
Enchantress's witch outfit from the SDCC trailer
CIA references
Joker, to see if he's good or bad
Batman
Flash
>Neutral Tier
Diablo
Waller
Croc
>Worried about tier
Flagg
Deadshot

I'm pretty sure it'll have a strong opening in America; T-Mobile is offering free tickets to go see it to all of its customers, and I'm pretty sure people will be more willing to watch it when it's basically free.

What will you do, Sup Forums, when Will Smith says "HOL UP... you sayin' this is sum kinna SUICIDE squad?"

did he pull a huge boner?

/r/ing gifs of Margot's butt jiggle

>early reaction on twitter

Not a very good source
also i checked "suicide squad" and #suicidesquad

i didn't see any reviews except some random dude saying it was good.

I should totally go see this in a black theater

>Twitter
Getting desperate aren't we

That's really the excuse? It's not having pa kent commit suicide and just sucking the joy out of Superman or the way bungled editing and hamfisted shoveling of unrelated crap that didn't work together, just like in Green Lantern, so why the fuck didn't those fucks learn?

>pacing and ton being criticized
>Leto's performance seems to have people split
So it's BvS, with Joker a repeat of Luthor?

Oh so NOW we admit that Heath was a good Joker, funny because for years all I saw posted here was "lol Heath was tarraballl , dey only like him cause he die"!

Flip flopping fags

is the tone being criticized because it's too dark or too light?

He was good
just not a good joker

>Twitter reactions

Is this really what we've resorted to? Any actual critic under the embargo isn't going to say anything so all you're reading is shit from people trying to get hits on their Twitter/Youtube pages.

Seems we will have to consult twitter on the matter

people are desperate because this is their chance to prove that the DCEU can be good without Snyder

I've loved him since the first trailer, faggot.
youtu.be/aT7lVb1VfH4

Hi Marvel friend, wasn't Civil War good enough for you, oh right.

>not since the first teaser
you cannot even begin to be on my level

youtube.com/watch?v=gRCwnLrrxyQ

If it makes you more comfortable I stand firm in my belief that it wasn't a particularly good Joker or performance. And that Heath Ledger was not a particularly talented actor in general.

>IGN

> - Zemo

Yeah go fuck yourself.

I'm not entirely sold on Leto's Joker from what we seen cause he seems like a mobster who just likes torturing people.

>not since the first teaser image

Literal pleb.

>nothing like comics Joker.
Who gives a fuck? If you want comic accurate watch a shitty fan-film.

>pacing and tone being criticized

I'm sure Dr. Strange will be better.

More drug dealer I think, or just common thug really, nothing really speaks to him being an actual rival to Bats in any way.

He's pretty obviously obsessed with Batman.

I just can't see this Joker being that threatening. I mean, I don't see how he could be one to cause mass panic outside him telling goons to "Shoot that guy"

Pls explain in detail what you didn't like about him. I'm curious.

As for Leto Joker I was starting to warm up to the look but after hearing him I'm really put off. Voice and laugh are all wrong. Really I'm not excited for this movie at all anymore after watching the clips that came out recently.

So is Kevin Smith, that doesn't make him a good foil.

So, another DC Thor-tier movie which will make money, but also crushed by critics and not loved by casuals and actual comic readers?

zemo was unnecessary

No need to project Marvel friend!

He was the driving force behind the entire movie...

Not the entire movie, but he had purpose to be there.

>not wanting to see Kevin Smith pull a Silent Bob version of the Joker
> silent the entire movie and had people speaking for him
> right at the end he gives off the best Joker laugh ever

Dude, I'd trade lifes and souls of everyone of this thread for SS being good. I want muh superior DC universe to be successful. But from OP's word it looks like SS is generic cringe GotG rip-off

Meh they would have been after Bucky regardless. The whole movie was just a mess really

no they wouldn't because no one would've blown up the UN

he was still a dangerous assassin

Except, you know the OP is full of shit right? Go ahead and try find these negative comments, anything by Faraci of course not counting.

that no one knows exists other than Steve, Natasha, and Tony

Nah people knew about him after the SHIELD/HYDRA info dump, but nobody knew where he was or literally anything about how to find him before Zemo bukkake'd his keikkaku all over everyone in the UN.

youtube.com/watch?v=gCSc6E4yG9s

It's basically a prolonged "anarchist" Tom Waits impression. I can't see anything else really.

I accept this is a Nolan/ grittier Batman franchise in general but overall there's a lack of enjoyment in himself or narcissism I think is present in most interpretations of the Joker that this misses. And forget everything else that isn't "muh Joker" but I think that is an important component to his personality that this missed entirely.

And overall I Heath Ledger has been an actor that occasionally chose pretty good roles instead of being a pretty good actor. Kind of like Keanu Reeves. I think a few movies he's in are unquestionably good, I like them, the Dark Knight was enjoyable, it's not really because of him though. Chances are that role could have been filled by anyone and been just as good if not a bit better.

Someone said Faraci it.

liked*

Is CIA in Suicide Squad?

If he is, I am going to see it.

> I like them, the Dark Knight was enjoyable, it's not really because of him though
Are you kidding? He made that movie. Baleman and the other characters like the rushed development of Two-Face were only interesting because of him.

Hmm I suppose the lack of narcissism is a fair point. Joker usually is kinda full of himself.

I think Ledger Joker was heavily inspired by the killing joke argument, I mean they did the whole "Deep down everyone is just like me and I'll prove it" thing. Also visually he obviously looks allot like Azzerellos Joker.

I thought it was interesting that Hamill said he felt like TDK took the BTAS Batman/Joker relationship and flipped it around. He did enjoy it though.

I disagree. I agree with the fact that I don't think he is a good Joker, but his acting in TDK is amazing knowing what Heath Ledger is like in his other roles, I only realized this when I rewatched a clip from TDK and noticed that you couldn't tell it was Heath Ledger but a character with a life of his own.

The only scene I really liked was the nurse scene. And even that like I said before I think almost anyone could have done it. Mostly script, direction, and finding the best possible takes rather than anything he brought to the table.
>I only realized this when I rewatched a clip from TDK and noticed that you couldn't tell it was Heath Ledger but a character with a life of his own.

>a character with a life of his own.

Like I said and provided reference for not even remotely. It's psychotic Tom Waits.
He, in my opinion, brought almost nothing original to that role. And if he hadn't died before the movies release people would have called him out on his bullshit. But instead he gets a posthumous Academy Award. I can't think of the name of the movie but it was his last one and because he died Colin Farrell and Johnny Depp replaced him in a few scenes. The difference in quality of the performance is glaring.

I'm not saying you guys are wrong and I'm right. or your opinions are shit. I just don't think he brought much if anything to the role or any role he's had. He's competent enough to have been put in movies. He's never impressed me.

>pacing
Has been and always will be a shit criticism.
The only movie you could argue the pacing is atrocious or unbearable is some arthouse crap like The Limits of Control.
>tone
Come on, now you gotta be joking

It looks fun. I hope it remains true to the style of humorous hyper violence and action scenes. If that happens, I have no problem with the story being shit.

How can you determine whether or not he is a good foil for Batfleck when you've yet to see them interact?

I am hopeful for this joker but now that you mention it your right.
Previous jokers i could imagine walking into a gang hideout and walking out unmolested.

Here he seems like he might not comand that same respect.

>The only movie you could argue the pacing is atrocious or unbearable is some arthouse crap like The Limits of Control.
Or Batman v Superman.

The nurse scene was pretty good.
What did you think of his laugh.

>Pacing
This must be Ayer's first work with this problem not even Sabotage, his worst work has a pacing's problem. Anyways, I'm sure this one will have a problem about the tone and some questionable writing, it has always been that way with Ayer.

>Eisenberge's performance
That's not a problem, it was the script that is the problem.

Eisenberg was dreadful.

Well, Critics these day are not that much different especially when these day you have a "professional critic" like Faraci...might as well trust these twitter reaction.

Eisenberg overacted the part to death. Every part with him was excruciating

>Joker looks like a cold opening Marvel villain

> JOKER

IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR

I'll bite that bait
youtu.be/taLO2yKqxRg

It was a miscast. Of course direction had a hand in it too, Jesse still wast right for the role

I'm not sure, I think it could get Deadpool-tier reception. 80% on RT, 60 Metacritic, very short of 1 billion on the box office.

I thought Eisenberg was the only decent part of the film. He's the only one who seemed to get what type of movie he was in.

This Joker went up against this fucking Batman and only managed to get away with some broken Teeth.

I really hope this Joker has Joker Toxin. Also Im curious about the Gotham underworld considering this version gives a shit about organized crime; like do Penguin and Black Mask exist? Has Batman faced weirder shit like Clayface? We know hes tangled with Croc at least

It was meant to be overacted it was a stupid characterisation but he fucking nailed it.

They would not have a joker without joker toxin that would be insane.
Well synder might have done it but we are free from him now.

>Tracking for the opening day also dropped from $125 million to $115 million.
Source? I'm still seeing 115-125.

I feel like no one likes DC outside of batman in this day and age.

Considering the popularity of Flash and Arrow ? nah dude

Yea either that or maybe he's just bad but that's impossible right?

Not to mention Rebirth is kicking Marvels Civil War 2 This Time It's Personal ass in sales and critical reception.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=216&v=0dx4wD4TTyk
some guy made this and i dunno if its accurate or not

>Pacing
Fug, don't tell me it's another BvS where they cut out 1/5 of the movie and we have to wait for an ultim8 edition.

KEK

I feel like maybe Snyder just needs to learn to make shorter movies. The only three and a half hour movie I've ever willingly sat through was Return of the King, and that was because the previous two movies had earned my trust.

>pacing and tone being criticized
>pacing

Why the fuck is this such a common problem with DCEU films? This is EXACTLY what happened with BvS. We had glowing early buzz left and right, and then slowly but surely whispers started to form about issues with pacing and editing. And now that's happening here.

Nice made up narrative, marvel shill.
>twitter
links?

That's only because DC retreated back to pandering towards the ever dwindling core base of Comic Book readers (which who can blame them) while Marvel is still trying in vain to court new readers in a ham-fisted manner.

Floppies are a dying format and only by retreating to your corner and awaiting your slow inevitable death will guarantee decent sales, even then Rebirth may be much like the Nu52, big buzz at the start then things die off back to pre-reboot numbers. It's DC's version of Marvel's Events.