Fullmetal Alchemist

Someone finally got live-action manga/anime adaptations right! Hollywood BTFO
youtu.be/OUTqEVH740U

lmao, jap live action movies are so laughably bad

watched those attack on titan live action movies and were legit unwatchable

Based on what you saw in the trailer, name five legitimate problems with this movie

Japs cant' act

looks like a syfy made for TV movie

thats why i like watching them

acting.budget,effects,tone,casting
that being said I liked the rurnoni kenshin movies

>the one anime where everyone is clearly european
>yellowashed
one
fucking
job

>Japs cant' act
this is pretty much capeshit and capeshit doesnt currently have/need good actors
>looks like a syfy made for TV movie
again, considering this is bascially japanese capeshit this is nothing new for capeshit

That's what happens in a homogenous country, it is a good thing you leftist cuck.

>name five legitimate problems with this movie
>this is pretty much capeshit
Answered your own question desu

IT looks good but they went full cartoony, as they usually do, so far I still like the rurouni kenshin movies better, and as a comedy prision school it's also miles above the rest.

Has there ever been a movie directed by a foreign man who doesnt speak a lick of whatever language the cast speaks ?

Ive been meaning to watch the prison school one. Is there any nudity ?

hmm fair point

The lupin live action was okay

unless you speak 100% perfect fluent japanese, you can't judge that.

is laughable when americans at imdb praise the acting of some movie in your language, because most of the time that's precisely the shit with the worst acting.

>the one anime
Never post on Sup Forums.

Alphonse is pretty good.

Everything else looks like dogshit.

I'm pretty angry that they didn't make a big budget American adaptation of this with a big studio like they did with Harry Potter.
It could have been pretty big.

There is no point in making this with asian actors either, the whole setting and characters are european.

Stupid japanese niggers.

This, honestly I think they're even worse then the Hollywood ones, aside from being more faithful to the source material they're worse in everything.

Japan has like 2, maybe 3 western actors that speak Japanese, and they're all in their 40s.

>When you thought you couldn't get cringier than Japanese cartoons for children they make them live action which look like bad cosplay

Anime was a mistake

Rurouni Kenshin's was good. But this one is too cgi for my taste, Japan sucks at cgi.

They'd just end up making Fuhrer King Bradley look like Trump and Scar would be played by Idris Elba

Look at that diverse cast!

Excuse me???

I prefer this than full nigger cast like we have in Western movies nowadays

Not really but there's enough lewd, they made it straight into a comedy and it's overacting at it finest.

so why aren't the SJWeebs crying about the lack of diversity

Because theyre hypocrites.

What are you talking about? It's 100% diverse

I still remember the days before identity politics when this wasn't an issue.

Or cultural appropriation. Since the world is a parallel to Prussia/Germany

Did you see the adds of Black Panther? they say is super diverse having 99% niggers only

Him and his entourage are the only asian characters in a european setting full of european characters including the main ones.

Happy now ?

looks like sh*t

I wouldn't mind scar being Idris elba, he is a nomadic character anyways.

Yes

It's like you've never even seen Spacebattleship Yamato's Live-Action version.

When eleven actors work for western productions, do you think directors have to tell them to stop make stupid faces and react to things like they are five years old discovering how a toilet works?

Plus Tommy Lee Jones - the Japanese film industry never uses him, though he's in a bunch of commercials.

But that's exactly how anime is

>that syfy tier cgi
it's okay when the japs does it

>Japan sucks at cgi

That can't be true because:

> "That’s right. Well, since the main characters are the two brothers, where there is Ed, there will always be Al. Even just based on that, the amount of CG used becomes enormous. In this work, I’m using a technology that was used in Hollywood movies such as The Avengers. We’re using a lot new techniques that were never used in Japanese movies before, I would like to boost Japan’s CG level with this movie." - Director Fumihiko Sori

this looks so fucking bad
also the whole point of fullmetal was that they were german, theres a huge amount of nazi symbolism that went into the manga and anime.
You need white people to play german characters, doesnt matter if theyre anime or not

It looks like they removed Armstrong altogether. That's fucking funny.

So is Alphonse a cat know? Are those little control sticks to drive the suit like a mecha?

Yes. It's confirmed that he wasn't included.

I just CAN'T imagine why.

Is Hollywood really that much better?