Talk with me about Manchester by the Sea

Talk with me about Manchester by the Sea.

NOW.

why did every woman in the movie want to fuck him

Because he is sexy like me. Next question.

why did he have the guy adopt the kid after spending the whole movie saying no

Because he is sexy like me. Next question.

You already made this exact thread

what's this about?

Give me the quick Sup Forums rundown. I want to watch something dramatic now.

Casey Affleck's brother dies and he has to go to Manchester to take care of his nephew. There's more to it than that but it's spoilers. I don't know if it's dramatic so much as it is comfy, but it does have some dramatic scenes.

Dude's brother dies, he returns to the town they lived in together and has to deal with the grief of the loss

sounds gay enough to watch. I just watched collateral beauty. I don't think Manchester can be any gayer.

If it's gay drama you want, there's always Moonlight.

Atleast wait a day or two before posting the same exact thread, not an hour or two.

why did you watch collateral beauty? looked like a laughably terrible piece of trash

Is the rest of Lonergan's work worth checking out? You Can Count On Me and Margaret?

They're as good as or better than Manchester. Margaret is one of the best movies of the century without a doubt. I doubt he'll ever make something as good as Margaret again, it's a huge, stunning movie.

>Will Smith

Well shit, now I'm gonna watch it.

Yup.

Deepest line in the film, hands down.

Probably the best movie about grief that ive ever watched.

Why are we doing this thread twice in one day?

What's the second best? Always on the lookout for more.

Is it in here anywhere?

Tom Ford's A Single Man is probably my second favorite in that category.

Literally nothing happens: the flick

because it's sexy like me, next question

@85001891
@85001950
@85005425
kys

Oh, I've actually been meaning to watch that since I like Colin Firth. I'll definitely check it out.

That part where they couldn't find the car was hilarious. Good humor for a depressing film. Both funny and not so funny things happen, like in real life.

Gayness aside, that movie was actually really good. You're a fag and obviously too far in the closet to admit it. It's just a movie, nigger.

Edward Norton is the only reason and a little of knightly

>@

Are You fucking serious?

Good grief, insecure much? I liked Moonlight and was recommending it.

Why the fuck not Will Smith? Will Smith is literally one of the greatest actors in history.

Do you think Mattew Brodericks' character was a beater?

I don't think he was in this film.

Good stuff.

Is America really like this?

did you watch the movie?

Yes, he was that jerk husband.

Best movie of the last 10 years desu

If you have a 4K tv watch it on amazon prime vid

What about Whiplash?

Holy shit ben affleck is in the movie too? Talk about low key casts

Margaret is perfect

I liked it and laughed at the plebs complaining about how slow of a movie it was on amazon

Took way too long for someone to say that.

Of all the shitty things in this movie that stuff was the worst, some of the hackiest film-school shit I've ever seen and even though I shouldn't be I'm still amazed plebs eat it up to the extent they do
>lol they dropped the stretcher getting his wife into the ambulance after his kids just died
>lol he has bad phone reception sometimes and accidentally talks over the other person
>because, like, in real life, things aren't always like, 'scripted', you know, like, sometimes, shit just happens, woah

I................ really don't see how this bothers you. It's not supposed to be rolling on the floor laughing material, it's just kind of... lightly humorous.

Loved this movie. First time in a long while that a modern film's stuck with me for so long. Made a big post about it on yesterday's identical post.

It's utterly inauthentic film making
The same people who praise stuff like that would use 'unrealistic/lack of realism' as if they were legitimate filmic criticisms

I don't know, I wouldn't.

He was attractive and had an indifferent mannerism. Women love whatever isn't interested in them.

See: Drive

Can you repost it? Someone linked the thread earlier so it shouldn't be hard to find.

One of 4 films I saw in theathers twice in the last decade

What's inauthentic about it?
It's classic Lonergan situational humor, he does it in all of his films and it doesn't break the tone of the narrative whatsoever.

these sorts of list make me irrationally angry. most of those films are only loosely related to each other. all the usual suspects in a typical best of list. fucking pointless and not helpful at all

>and had an indifferent mannerism
Unfourtunetly this only gets you half way there. If your autistic then you can't manage the other half to actually get to fuck them.

They're not supposed to be related in any sense other than that they are depressing films. I like seeing an eclectic bunch of films, it's good for variety.

>manchester
>no man chests

>First time in a long while that a modern film's stuck with me for so long.
Same here.

>things don't happen in life that are simultaneously tragic and funny

>Women love whatever isn't interested in them.

Yeah, in high school. Casey's just an attractive man.

I don't think he's particularly attractive looks-wise. But there's something cute about his demeanor.