Looking for suggestions for a movie to watch tonight in the vein of indiana jones

looking for suggestions for a movie to watch tonight in the vein of indiana jones
>inb4 the mummy
>inb4 sahara

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y-JWFa3FioY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lawrence of Arabia, best film ever made if you've got a spare half day to watch it.

Romancing the stone

as a caveat I'm not sober. I love that film, but I cannot sully it with my saturday night beers.

also, bumping with randos

youtube.com/watch?v=Y-JWFa3FioY

Wait must it be set in a desert?

>The Mummy Returns

Awesome. Vintage. Watch this.

These men are pawns...

The Librarian movies are literally Indiana Jones ripoffs, and scratch that itch well enough.

goonies

Treasure of the Sierra Madre is incredible.

Most Indy rip-offs are trash. Mummy is probably the best one. Romancing the Stone, Goonies and that Young Sherlock movie were made by friends of Spielberg at the right time so they share similarities.

Jackie Chan has made some great adventure films and the spirit is actually close to what made Indy great. Armour of God & Operation Condor. You can also check out stuff like Project A but it's a bit different.

A really underrated but less obvious rec would be Hudson Hawk. Has a similar spirit/tone but less exotic. It's more of a Arsene Lupin type of character.

Which brings to mind also the Lupin III series, the most famous film being Castle of Cagliostro by Miyazaki, I believe Spielberg himself called it the best adventure film of all time. It's animated however.

Spielberg's Tintin is animated as well but a better Indy movie than Indy 4.

Then there's the Young Indy TV show which is actually pretty good; you can skip the early childhood episodes and go straight to the young adult Indy episodes which deal with his time as a spy during WW1. The old Lucas game about Atlantis is also really solid if you're into that stuff.

Then you can check out movies that influenced Indy like Lawrence of Arabia or Sierra Madre but they lack the playfulness, the blockbuster spectacle and comedy. There's of course the Connery Bond films, Fritz Lang pulpy movies like Cloak and Dagger or his Indian films, 30's serials...

Apocalypto?

care to elaborate? are you and agent of romantic comedies?

This.
Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro is pure kino.

Already mentioned, but don't let the animation turn you off. It's pretty fun, and the format allows for a pretty neat long take.

good choice

any Allan Quatermain film. its the OG Indy.

The first couple Librarian Movies are half decent adventure flicks.

sorcerer
the lost city of z
theeb
the man who would be king

a lot of people get sick in department stores

The jewel of the nile

ill pay 375 dollars in travelers cheques to stop

all told devito is an acting genius