WHO'S YOUR BATMAN?

This thread is devoted to the individuals of Sup Forums to announce which iteration of Batman was "their" Batman. Doesn't necessarily have to be the first one you saw, just the one that really solidified your enjoyment of the character.

While most people would say Conroy as their starting point, my first real exposure was the 1989 movie when I was around 5-6. The suit, the tone, the music, the look of Gotham, everything was firing on all cylinders. While his Bruce Wayne may not have been everyone's cup of tea, his costume and presence dominated the screen.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Vk6TAYfd29g
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenny_B._Robinson
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Batmanlet

As someone who saw Batman 89 in the movies day one and everyone after that.

Batfleck.
I liked Keaton though, Bale was good in Begins. The others not worth mention. Batfleck is the GOAT live action Batman. He basically looks like he stepped off the comic page or out of BTAS or JLU. His one downfall was debuting in a disappointing film.

If we are adding animated version onto this then Conroy would be the favorite with Batfleck second, Keatonbats third and Baleman forth

It's Batfleck for me, 100%. And it's not just because he's the latest and fresh in my mind, I honestly think he's exactly what I want from my Batman.
>realized his methods aren't working and stops giving a shit about killing.
>clearly disturbed; the branding, is angry, but clearly enjoys when he gets to fight
>is great Bruce Wayne and actually is more Bruce than Batman for once
>great suit, but doesn't always work in certain angles
>fights like a madman, but more importantly ACTUALLY fights.
>he's chemistry and partnership with Wondie

No denying Keaton was short, but which iteration of Batman got you into the character? I wonder how many people got started with Dickbats.

Conroy and Batfleck
If batfleck is good in the next two movies then it wouldn't be a question between the two
Conroy has gotten real shitty though
Definitely lost the sauce

Conroy, because I was a bit too young for Keaton (though not for the Danny Elfman theme, knew it long before I watched the movies)

Batfleck for sure, mostly for the goddamn warehouse scene.

But if this were 2013, then I'd say Arkham Origins. I loved how they did the early years for Bruce and I still think the designs for the villains are the definite versions for me (Deathstroke, Joker, Black Mask, Killer Croc, and Bane.) Roger Craig Smith did a good job too, his voice had a nice growl but it wasn't as heavy as Bale's one.

Super Friends
youtu.be/Vk6TAYfd29g

BTAS era Kevin Conroy is the definitive Batman.

DCAU Conroy is best Conroy

Pretty much this.

I will always see Batman as BTAS Batman, but god damn I love Batffleck.

>Roger Craig Smith did a good job too, his voice had a nice growl but it wasn't as heavy as Bale's one.
I really don't feel like Roger Craig Smith gets enough love for his performance in Batman Origins. Instead of trying to imitate Conroy he did his own thing and gave unique look at a young Batman. Better than Ben McKenzie in Year One (which still wasn't entirely awful).

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenny_B._Robinson

Batfleck seems clearly inspired by Frank Miller Bats, he's got a Dark Knight Returns vibe.

He's good and that version of Batman is cool but its not my favorite. BTAS is the best Batman. I just recently finished rewatching the entire series and honestly feel there has never been a better take on Batman.

What I don't like about Miller Bats is he appeals to the "you know Batman is just as crazy as the villains he fights?" people while BTAS Batman is clearly a hero. He's trying to save these people, even the super villains.

Conroy.
TDK08 remains one of the absolute greatest films I have ever seen but Conroy & Affleck are absolutely superior Bruce Wyanes & Batmen.

After Keaton, I would have to say Conroy, but not for BTAS. I didn't watch it critically until a year or two ago. I found Arkham Asylum to be a fantastic entry point into a character I was briefly familiar with. Probably because Paul Dini wrote a good number of episodes for BTAS as well as writing the first two Arkham games.

The only problem with Year One was Batman was completely monotone. I get why someone would think Batman would speak completely even and emotionless, but it just didn't work for me.

RoboCop was great in The Dark Knight Returns though.

Did anyone else really enjoy this iteration of Batman? I actually prefer him to Roger Craig Smith for a young Bruce but I don't see how Rino Romano could have transitioned to Conroy. Roger Craig Smith worked as a transition and Peter Weller also served as a suitable end voice for Bats.

Black Miriror was the first comic I read which stared some good Dickbats

BurtonBatman and , by extension, BTAS...but that's because I'm an oldfag.

Kevin Conroy = Best Batman.

Animated was the one that made him like him. Keaton looked goofy to me even as a kid.
After growing up, my ideal Batman is probably Year One.