Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iqR4CZj0mJQ
youtu.be/XJrwc6RRhMY
youtube.com/watch?v=xg61aQTaJGw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dont care

What actor will they replace him with?

shiieeeet

Sooner or later they will realize that diversity isn't profitable. Really hope black panther flops hard in the US, it's a guaranteed disaster worldwide,no way chinks are gonna watch a movie with black cast

that's actually cool. too bad i don't care about this movie at all

Ah, so this is where the reddit faggots have gotten the meme they're spamming Sup Forums with.

chink women love black men tho, they're crazy about them

There will not be any TV series. The movie is DOA and they're already scrambling to cut their losses. The only talk of any continuation is coming from (((Akiva Goldsman))) who's abomination of an adaptation is a stinking turd in spite of extensive polishing. This bomb will end careers, guaranteed.

They should instead give Bill Skarsgard an anthology series about the violent history of Derry Maine thorought the centuries.

I was excited for the movie and then gave no fucks when I heard they race changed Roland. The character is supposed to look like Clint Eastwood and be white as fuck he is a fucking honkey cowboy with King Arthur myths thrown in

Budget is only 60 million, they have no faith in this property, not compared to all the ambitious shit they originally wanted to do.

They wanted a combined tv series/series of movies and all sorts of stuff. They wanted to give this stuff the mcu treatment originally.

The movie is gonna flop. Fans of the books are generally very enthusiastic about the series but they're not gonna come out in droves for an adaptation that trashes the source material so blatantly.

The marketing has this thing looking like an action adventure movie to cash in on the superhero craze but fans of dc/marvel shit aren't gonna go see a random movie not made by one of their studios that doesn't tie into their extended universe.

Tl;dr fans will boycott, normies will overlook

Also Sony thinks they're isolated from any criticism by casting Elba, they can just call their critics racist and have their opinions discarded. Disgusting.

I would love that very much. That cast Big Bill in that new King series Castle Rock. He plays an alcoholic detective iirc... Even though the series is supposed to tie into every random King novel including IT

There will be no tv prequel series because the movie WILL flop, two of my friends love the books (well almost all of them) and not even they are interested in seeing this after watching the trailer.

For people who don't know the books, this looks like a confusing cowboy vs demons movie, no one will watch this.

Then we have the problem of the format, why they ever tried to make a movie out of this is incredibly stupid, it would work as a series (and maybe we will have one in the future when people have forgotten about this movie).

>Sony thinks they're isolated from any criticism by casting Elba, they can just call their critics racist and have their opinions discarded

This IIRC was half the reason they pushed for a gender-swapped Ghostbusters. So all the criticism towards the unnecessary remake could be spun as misogyny.

I hear that he's been really busy, I doubt he would have the time for it.

What the dick is this stance meant to convey? Am I should to hear him humming a soul song?

why does sony always lie about doing 1200 tv shows and a 5 picture series about shit that is obviously going to bomb

I saw your pic and decided to google him, expecting him to be like 6"8 or something.

>6ft 3.25in (191 cm)

lmao

Hollywood is manlet as fuck.

Maybe they can finally give him a god damn cowboy hat now. For fucks sake.

hes 2 stepping

What's the point? Cowboys shouldn't be black. I'm not trying to be funny. The imagery is thrown entirely off when he's a nigger.

large numbers of cowboys in the american west were black

Yeah and makes you wonder if they knew they had a stinking pile of shit before production started, and were looking for ways to mitigate the damage instead of rewriting the film to be the faithful adaptation that everyone wanted. Or in GB's case, writing something watchable.

The worst part is being told I'm racist for questioning the casting decisions
>the gunslinger is never described to specifically be a white man
I've heard this from many people who never read the books

I love the books, it gets a little weak towards the end but as a whole the series is great. Ive been waiting for a DT movie for a long time but I'm not gonna see this, maybe I'll watch when it's on tv in a few months.

>the gunslinger is never described to specifically be a white man

Which is nonsense, unless you want to pretend that someone described as clint eastwood with steel blue eyes is non-white.

And it's not as if King doesn't make a point of someone being of color = Susannah Dean.

King just wants the money at this point, or he's so liberal he would tank his own work for brownie points, I'm not sure at this point

If they had just done the right thing and made a trippy version of "High Plains Drifter" with a bunch of Arthurian references and magic, they would be set up for the series that Goldsman knows isn't going to happen. The reason the books work is the unfolding complexity. Starts simple enough but raises tons of questions that slowly get addressed. Worldbuilding 101.
Instead, they have to sperg out like a 14 year old and take all the payoff bits and cram them together. Typical premature ejaculation storytelling that ruins almost every adaptation.

Reminder that they're trying to make a King Cinematic Universe and have avoided saying so because people are getting sick of them.

>King just wants the money at this point
he's always been a sell out HACK. the dark tower books really went full trash after wizard and glass.

The Stand deserves a HBO series though.

that's a boldface lie you dumb gay faggot. chink women (especially in fucking CHINA) have a vast preference for Chinese men.

i work at a shitty little chinese restaurant and my boss is a chink and he told me so. now fuck off niggerlover.

He sold the movie rights for literally 19 dollars

how much did he get in the backend from the sale?

Of course, plus I'm pretty sure his skin is described as being tanned and leathery. Anyone who regurgitates that talking point most likely gets all their news from vox or broadly or some other millennial rag that reads like the diary of an 8th grade girl.

Also Susannah is not in this film (neither is Eddie). If she's included in the future she'll probably be a white supremacist

Detta specifically calls roland a honky mahfah cuz she hates white people
It is a core conflict in the story one that drives a shitton of character development
You can't just muh diversity fuck this racist part of the book and leave that shit out
Thats why i wont see it they are fucking up the story and the characters relationships which fuck them.
unless they make detta a white supremacist who calls roland a dirty nigga (which they will never do) they can suck my dick

He is probably a nigger. All my chink friends hate niggers especially women.

That's weird. My sister is Chinese and she's had nothing but black boyfriends since coming to America.

she probably hates her traditional and conservative father. classic self hating 2nd generation immigrant behavior.

This movie poster has a soundtrack:

youtube.com/watch?v=iqR4CZj0mJQ

You know you're actually right on the button. We have the same father but different mothers. I'm yellow on my father's side. He skipped out on her childhood and impregnated a white bitch here in Miami. Only reason she lives with us is because her mother died in a car wreck.

All I hear is youtu.be/XJrwc6RRhMY

>It is a core conflict in the story one that drives a shitton of character development
>You can't just muh diversity fuck this racist part of the book and leave that shit out

This is another good point, it appears the top priority during casting was good goy points and virtue signaling, and it would be foolish to think that mindset didn't influence every other aspect of production as well. if they abandoned the source material so early on how can the final product be any good?

Of all the memes I may never understand the manlet one.
>US Average height
>175.7 cm (5 ft 9 in)

Statistically, you are a manlet, your parents, your relatives, your friends and everyone you know.

In the far courts of Gilneas this is a form of dance known as High Dabbing. Only the most austere of tiddlers ever managed to perfect it.

They were the Kings.

>Clint Eastwood doesn't play Cort in the flashbacks

How do you fuck up something so simple.

If you're too cowardly to post something on Facebook don't even bother posting it here f****** racist pieces of trash.

King is claiming this is a continuation and not an adaptation, believe it or not

I never read the book, but honest to God, why is casting Idris Elba that much of a big fucking deal?

When it comes to these types of movies, I'm a casual movie goer. If it looks cool and I'm with friends/drinking, I'll go see it. I felt the same way with John Wick, feel the same way with Atomic Blonde, John Woo films, et cetera. Why is this a big fucking deal?

Is casting a black man in a lead role THIS big of a fucking deal for you people? Jesus Christ.

God forbid Idris Elba was cast as John Wick. Sup Forums and Sup Forums would have a collective heart attack.

>I never read the book, but
how many layers of irony are we on again?
Clint eastwood movies are considered racist now, and holy shot those digits

I mention this, because I'm the casual fucking movie goer. Most people who are going to view this movie are not going to be familiar with the book material, you autistic fucking sperg.

When people saw Jack Reacher, do you think even 51% of the movie goers read the source material? How about Edge of Tomorrow?

Use your fucking brain, you imbecile. Book readers will account for a fraction of the actual people going to see the film; most people who will venture to see it will be attracted to the 'loox kool' aspect of it, not 'MUH SOURCE MATERIAL.'

see

I read a lot, and listen to a lot of audiobooks when I drive, and probably the best book I've ever read in tecent years was Wizard and Glass. I love the tie in with The Stand, I loved the back story to Mejis and seeing the world before it 'moved on' with young Roland.

Then I read Wolves of the Calla and instantly left the series. It was so shit, King is a hack.

Also, Roland is not a nig. He should look like Clint Eastwood, not the guy who shines Clkint Eastwoods shoes.

Yeah I've seen that. A quick google shows the earliest mention of this was May 3 2017 which to me says they saw the finished or nearly finished version of the film and it deviates from the books so much that they're trying to spin it as a sequel so viewers aren't totally disappointed.

don't you have a bull to prep?

>>God forbid Idris Elba was cast as John Wick. Sup Forums and Sup Forums would have a collective heart attack.

Why the fuck would anyone care, Wick is a character made for a movie, named John Wick, he could be chinese for all anyone would care.

But if you choose to make a movie out of a series of succesful books starring a iconic character and thus try to bring over the fanbase, you don't want to piss on the source material.

And of course the ONLY reason they did this was to push a racial/diversity agenda, there's absolutely no other reason, it's not as if Idris Elba is some huge box office draw.

It's a /fit/ meme, meaning it's a bunch of /hm/ guys talking shop about how to build the ultimate boyfriend.

Here's your one and only reply you c********* pull the cheese dick out of your mouth

you know nothing of the world.

I loved WotC desu, I thought SoS was a little dull and TDT had some great parts and some not so good

First four are awesome tho.

>did you count the asterisks on your fingers to make sure you had the right number for whatever you're raving about?

wah wah someone called me autistic over the internet I want my mommy :(
anyway there's a black woman in the novels who is one of the main characters, which is racist & distrustful of white people. The main character being white is an integral part of her character development. They cur her off from the movie along with Eddie just so they could have a black mc. I just wanted to make sure you weren't just fucking with people before typing out an answer, calm down
I quite like idris elba as an actor, people are just annoyed because half of the cast isn't there and the main character is a different person altogether, so it may as well not be a dark tower movie, also the fact that the trailers look like garbage

This is a terrible way to start

The Dark Tower mythos is central to most of the other stuff in Kings universe and this looks to be a massive fuckup

damn... BTFO

he is dabbing brah

I personally would loved to have seen R. Lee Ermey slapping shota Roland around, and calling him maggot. He's probably too old for it now, though.

It's like they decided to shoot the first book, have a little worlds crossing in it, merge the three main characters, scrap everything in the middle, and jump straight to the very end to make it a movie.

It's embarrassing

It's this and It that are the start, two movies practically at the same time to get a head start, both look terrible

The producers and race baiters can't keep their story straight either
>Why is Roland black
>Muh adaptation/retelling/sequel
>If this is an adaptation or retelling of the whole series where's the rest of the ka-tet
>Shutup they weren't in the first book

>I actually think he'll be okay
>My issue is Matthew playing Man in Black, which already looks like a fucking stupid idea in the trailers

Yeah, whatever.

I was fine with this back in the day. In fact, I loved it.

So why am I against the Dark Tower today?

Who's to say Roland's the same every time around? If his circumstances can change, so can his skin color. And Detta isn't part of the continuation(in this movie at least), so she's a moot point

Congratulations you're a reasonable human being

Because the internet has made you a stupid racist Ham Whale

"I never read the book" you answered your own question my baitautist friend.

If you want the book then read the book

Wizard and Glass was a great horror western.

Because he wakes up in a paralel universe every time he reaches the tower.

tfw when I love the book

tfw my dad loves the book

tfw we're both excited for this movie since we're not racist retards

so which one is your dad?

Semen is white.
Coincidence?
I think not.

your dad has a nice ass.

yes, supporting things against your self-interest surely makes you enlightened, my friend.

do you really think they are doing this IP justice?

The pictures meant to evoke a feeling of comfiness. You ever sunbathe before? It's the best comfiest feeling in the world.

He doesn't even wear the cowboy hat.

How can you be a cool cowboy if you don't even have a cowboy hat?

This black fuck just looks like some random loser from harlem.

Then why promote it under the Dark Tower name.

The Dark Tower is the name of the whole series
The Dark Tower is also the name of the final book in the series

If the movie is a freewheeling anything goes party within the king universe why not call it something else or at least give it a subtitle like all the Star Wars and capeshit

Also I'm convinced the continuation meme is recent spin by the studio to prepare moviegoers for a messy adaptation that takes parts of some of the books and throws them together

They saw final cut and said oh shit

This is a series with cowboy knights, literal semen demons and the author himself as a character, nothing is off the cards.

Anyone that bad at visual subtext and metaphor will find the film stylings of Akiva Goldsman and Sony pictures delightful.

I wish he was that cute

Ah yes the Stephen King fan calling other people dumb

when you've read a series of seven books you get invested in the story, how is this hard to grasp

no but what i asked was do you personally believe that, from the trailer, this looks like it will be as good as the books, if not better?

>Book readers will account for a fraction of the actual people going to see the film
you're vastly overestimating the people going to see this turd

>their carving out 9/10ths of the story and making everything left really uninteresting
>focus on prequel instead

>their

Whoopsie doodle, I'm a retard. Still, how is there even a story without Eddie and Susannah and their respective character arcs

Checked! I'm not convinced people hating on this movie have even read the books.

He should play Eddie

>I'm not convinced people hating on this movie have even read the books.

I know breh, I'm glad our favorite divergent franchise is in the capable and awesome hands of Sony Home Entertainment!

youtube.com/watch?v=xg61aQTaJGw The snapchat idea ended up being brilliant.