What's the worst Comic you've ever read?

What's the worst Comic you've ever read?

Bonus points if you actually dropped money on it.

Easily.

Legendary Star Lord..... I got back into comics and was like 2 years in and thought, hey, it can't be THAT bad.... and it was.

Runner up is Spiderverse

I gave this a read for the nude girls and was somehow disappointed in more ways then one...

Is Ultra any good.

Damn, i remember reading this back in 2007 and enjoying it. Should i read it again to see if it's really that bad or keep the nice memories?

"Spider-man bargains with devil" sets the bar pretty damn high

I mean there's been worse written crap, but it's just such an overwhelmingly shitty event which sent the character on a downward spiral from which he's never pulled up that OMD is the single worst story because it's effects just keep on existing

Now days, it reads like SJW propaganda.

That's one of them. Funny you make this thread -

I was going through all my boxes from 2008 when I started collecting. I thought "I don't know if I can sit down and re-read all of these right now, but I gotta give away the ones that were subpar or lame."

I can't believe how fucking good Spider-Man comics were RIGHT before One More Day. Even though I was pissed about the secret identity being gone, plenty of funny and thrilling stories were coming through. Even Friendly Neighborhood. Then it got followed up with the boring, stupid shit that One More Day was.

I feel bad because Spider-Man is my all time favorite fictional character ever - I collected every issue from the start of Back in Black up until the very latest relaunch with Parker Industries. I just couldn't take Slott's writing anymore. But I can't just sit on 200 comics that I don't re-read or enjoy, I want to keep a short collection of ones I really appreciate.

Wait, what?! Is it because of the men vs women thing? Because of the "they can't keep their dicks in their pants" thing?

Dammit, user. Now i'm getting confused. Did i read it wrong? Probably because at the time the SJW wasn't at the point it is today, so maybe i didn't really care.

Sam Humphries Ultimates

OMD ruined Spider-man. Ultimatum ruined an entire universe.

Checkmate.

>Implying post-Ultimatum wasn't the best the Ultimate universe ever got

There was a really big "Women keep everything in control, men are useless and fuck everything up." theme, especially when the woman essentially jail the men.

Ultimate End by Bendis.

And yes, I did read marville, trouble and I liked

>average USM
>shitty USX
>shitty Ultimates
>shitty copies of characters that got killed off
>a dozen different hulk characters and then everyone was a hulk for a bit
>delays

Hickman almost saved it but he got yanked and put on 616. Cataclysm was when Marvel just gave up and put their shittiest writers and artists on it.

Funny how it was the most domineering women that were the cause of the most carnage then. I think it more speaks to the fact that people running on emotion in a crisis jump to the most extreme ends of their psyche. Both sexes had some pretty good moments of badassery, but things go to shit when someone tries to assert their authority.

I paid money for four issues of Earth 2 World's End

This piece of shit

>ugly art
>painfully unlikable characters
>muh SJW-isms
>based black dynamite cop getting shit on constantly

It's just like current Marvel except it was published back in 2012

I swear, new characters used to be good, the fuck happened in the last 5 years?

And they do that and everything goes to shit, right? I understood it as being a criticism towards women, they tried to blame the men for everthing, even though they fucked up too.

But as said, it was pretty split.

I just feel like the "Women keep everything in control, men are useless and fuck everything up." thing wasn't really SJW, it was more showing what the women in the comic thought was true, and then they saw they had to cooperate for it to work out.

But what do i know, i read that in 2007, i'm probably getting some shit wrong.

Worst was probably a Dead Space tie in one shot from when the game was first released, all I really remember was that it was boring as shit. It was a real shame too, because the art style was really cool.

Tie-ins/One-Shots/Specials for events. Almost all of 'em.

Ultimate end was pretty bad
I bought trouble for $5, that's probably my worst purchase

Probably Marville.

Supergod had a fucking stupid ending that retroactively made me hate the entire thing

Worst overall I guess some flavor of Crossed. I can't even distinguish any of the ones I've read.

I need to read more comics.

it's probably possible to beat this for worst.

but it won't be easy.

>Supergod had a fucking stupid ending that retroactively made me hate the entire thing
That's all of Ellis' edgy hero trilogy. They start off with a cool premise and solid story and then shit the bed for the last two issues

This

What the fuck were they thinking with that event. It was one of the shittiest things i've ever read

this part was pretty funny though

It's between this and Marville for me. On one hand, this actually tries to tell a story, on the other hand Marville is only 6 issues while this is 24.

I want my $2.99 back.

Was it? I kept seeing the covers but never picked it up, but the story concept in my head that I imagined it MIGHT be about based on what I saw was interesting.
Can you give me a rundown of the plot?

There was this 90s comic where the villain was a guy who wanted to kill Superman because he didn't admit he was a superhero in high school. That was pretty awful.

What was the name of that one comic that had a not-superman that went nuts and started killing the shit out of everything

I think there was another related comic about some villain who becomes good because not-superman is raping everything to death

They DO know that Zartan is crminal?

Irredeemable and Icorruptible.

>Gail Simone

how is this bad again?

I read OMD and I hated that bone ass ending up until this day but I never bought that though.

However if you're going to ask me what worst comic did I wasted money on and sadly completed it then Batman R.I.P. comes to mind.

I hated it probably because I was expecting the character to bite the dust instead he "died" in a different miniseries even more worse than I got, I mean I'm not gonna waste my money on a another series that isn't good so fuck it.

At least Batman R.I.P. had Alex Ross covers. That's good right?

I was young and naive, Sup Forums! I thought ending will be good.

>stereotypical gay stuff (casual fucking everywhere, clubs
>a really hamfisted section with Nightwing, they only include him because he has a huge gay audience
>bad sense of pacing and disjointed
>quipping protag without showing any of his personality

The only good thing about this book is the art and the ending

>go into comic books hop with a friend
>buy only copy of Trouble for full price
>read through it together and laugh our asses off
one of my best purchases desu

>>quipping protag without showing any of his personality
I think it was pretty clear what his personality was: A guy that loves his job and everything he does with it. Overconfident and self assured

RathO/Teen Titans Death of the Fanily tie ins.

I spent money on it and I regret it

Phonogram

Basically, I had this shit hyped up to me, it sounded kind of odd the way it was described to me but he thought I would like it because they discuss music or something

It's absolute fucking crap. I can not even begin to explain it

Girls hatch from eggs, try to sleep with all the men, it turns into a huge man vs. woman thing for a while. I haven't read it since 2011, I honestly don't remember how it ends. Something with an egg?

Marville (courtesy of SOP)

Yes, this. When you read descriptions about it you get tricked into thinking it'll be good because it deals with the idea of music as a form of magic. But the execution is cringey as fuck.

Thank God every character involved in this book, except Batgirl, became irrelevant. This was literally 2012's Hellcat.

>main villain is an evil rich white guy that looks like Donald Trump
>leader is a black lesbian with daddy issues and dates another black lesbian hero
>asian female thats a slut and major anger issues
>Indian girl that identifies as asexual
>guy that identifies as a rat
>only white team member is gay and very christian

I hated each and every one of these fuckers as they claimed to fight for the people, while using them most of the time as human meat shields. Not once did they ever comment about putting civilians in danger on purpose. Then they would talk about police brutality while beating 2 police officers and locking them up with no lawyer, contact to family or witnesses to defend themselves while they live streamed their trial like an ISIS execution video.

The only decent character in this thing was a Black detective and they did everything the could to ruin him. All because he shot the black chicks dad when the dad pointed a gun at him while robbing a bank.

Shit was so bad that DC canned her and now she works at Dynamite.

Nah, Simone survived that book and treated us with Secret Six and Rapetastic Riddler.

The Last Will and Testament of Charles Xavier.

Every issue of it.

Fucking really, she made the Riddler a rapist?

What comic did she ruin him in?

Nu-Midnighter is awful.

Riddler wanted to screw Sue Dibny, explosion happened, she lost her memory, Riddler brainwashed her into loving him, kekmao brainwashing starts to fail and memory returns and now Sue and Ralph are happy together.

>Midnighter is awful
Ftfy

>Age of Ultron
>Ultron was barely even in it

Thankfully Rage of Ultron managed to satiate my hunger for a proper Ultron story.

fuuuuuuuuck this shit. I've never been more disgusted by a comic book.

I like Defenders from that reality. And Black Panther's hilarious death.
And Bendis didn't miss a chance to kill Shulkie.
Did you read Ultron Forever?

>Did you read Ultron Forever?
Actually no I haven't. Read the first volume but forgot to pick up the rest. Is it any good?

It's fun read. Short story, though.

Man you haven't scratched the surface of shitty comics

One More Day has got nothing on Sins Past

Jesus No matter how many times I read from Marville it always feels like a shroom induced hallucination wrapped in a fever dream

>>Indian girl that identifies as asexual
Ugh, I hate being lumped together with SJW-shit.

While people hate this with a burning passion, I find myself fascinated by the fact that editorial had the balls to do a change so drastic and colossal to their most popular character. This and Sins Past were nothing short of a display of power from those involved and I think it's these two comics which taught me that pretty much anything is possible, especially with Marvel.

We need some storytimes of these. Ultimate shit storytime.

These two. Man, being an Ultimate fan was suffering.

Young?
It came out like last year.

Single issue would be red hood and the outlaws #1 worst arc is easily the good the bad and the ponies.

i remember when an user did a story time on this

What a fucking mess it was

Im gonna give this a read see if its sjw pandering or criticism.
I really hope its criticism

I liked nightmare nurse.
Shame about grid, pandora (who started off good at least) and grail

Asexuals are the most fucking obnoxious retards ever because they can't stop talking about how fucking asexual you are. You're like the vegans of sexual identity. Fucking hell, man.

I fucking hated Superman Grounded.

As for paying for it i brought red hood on its own but the good the bad and the ponies was in a trade and i remember the other 2 issues in it being good.
Still not worth the cost though good lord that shit was retarded.

everyone knew this would be shit. You deserved this.

what the fuck did I just read?

I've never heard of this. What happened?

I stopped reading after that negro Sups. Is it going that worse than that?

Dr Manhattan

Is that supposed to be funny? Oh Jesus. This is worse than OMD itself.

Roy thinking that dead cat is his daughter and shit. Terrible comic.

> Sacrififing his marriage to the Devil, of all people, so his aunt/motherfigure could have one more day on the earth.
There's absolutely NO way this can go wrong!
Right?
How can I possibly lose?

It's a tie between two Chuck Austen X-Men stories: either the exploding communion wafers or Nightcrawler's daddy. Or the werewolves or, oh fuck it, they were all equally abysmal.

Did Chuck ever write a good shit? I saw his 3d model War Machine in one of the Stortime of Pain threads. Jesus, I wanted to be blind at that time.

Lol and everyone here couldn't stop praising it neither

at least the side issues were pretty good

Not that I know of. His writing usually raises two questions: who the hell thought that this would be a good idea and why did this ever see print?

I got the first three volumes of this shit because my friend was telling me how great it was and how much I'd love it and I was pissed that I'll never get that time back from reading this garbage.

I've been away from Sup Forums and comics in general for several years. I decided to read this the other day as I heard a lot about it. I have a strange interest in where the story is going, but my word is the dialogue, completely undiverse alien races, obsession with incredibly forced "we talk openly and bluntly about sex, you got a problem with it?" mentality everything has and the way all the universe's issues revolve around "fucking".

I'm interested to know what the general Sup Forums views on it are.

At least convergence as a whole was better then multiversity

*are all insufferable.
I meant to finish.

literally this.

Even if you don't like the writing, Multiversity still has great artwork. Convergence looked like third world Jim Lee art with horrible coloring.

The Castlevania comics by Devil's Due. They *literally* went with the most boring, unknown Belmont from the gameboy games instead of Simon or Trevor, meandered around with a bullshit plot about some stupid Transylvanian nobles who wouldn't shut up about how awesome living under Drac's rule was, and for some goddamn bizarre and illogical reason, ripped off the family from Dusk til Dawn and used copies of them as a vampire hunting family.

There was nothing charming or interesting going on, the art was stiffer than Castlevania 64 and one cool scene with Christopher Belmont trying to choke Dracula with the Vampire Killer does not excuse the non-action this comic suffered from page after page after fucking page.

I will concede that point.

Only thing I regret buying is Saga volume 1.

Bendis' Avengers. I can't still beliee I bought Avengers Disassembled and New Avengers' first and fourth TPB. They were all shit.

>Dr. Emma Frost
Ph.D. in being a slut.