Why doesn't Sup Forums like Rick Remender

Why doesn't Sup Forums like Rick Remender

Deadly class is cool and I enjoyed his venom run

I never liked his Marvel work cause every run hit the same beats over and over. Character turns into suffering incarnate, also someone dies, also more suffering. Should have given him Daredevil.

I liked Deadly Class though, and Low was somewhat interesting at the start although I've fallen behind on it. Last Days was fucking GOAT though

I do like him.
It's just that he writes depressing, asshole, sadsack protagonists almost exclusively, and that gets tiring eventually.
He also gets the best damn artists.

He told me to go drown hobo piss.

Uncanny Avengers was fucking fantastic

He's honestly my favorite writer.

He's stretching himself thin with the number of comics he's writing and except Deadly Class the work clearly suffers for it. I mean he had 4 Image ongoings and something at Boom

Oh yeah.
I remember reading the first issue of his Boom series. It seemed... it seemed really retarded.

It was Dynamite, and the script for that series was actually several years old.

we turn on everyone sooner or later

The turn already happened for Remender, but then turned back later.

honestly as far as ongoings, the only one i feel is kind of weak is Low

What about tokyo ghost or Black Science?

they look pretty

I love Remender except for Axis & Captain America

Liked his venom run

He killed the best antman

Never read any of his work but someone compared him to Gen Urobuchi, it that comparison fair?

Tokyo Ghost is shit. Black Science is okay.

His Venom and X-Force were good. His Punisher was the best 616 Punisher on the heels of Faction's shitty run.

I don't know why that guy Sup Forums hates him, probably because not muh X or some shit Remender wrote on twitter.

His artists have been a lot better than his writing on all his current/recent stuff except for Deadly Class. I think he has the potential to write amazing stories but he doesn't always actually do that, and I think he's a guy who's at risk of putting himself in a genre cage like Brubaker.

In the first Low trade he mentions something about he writes depressing stories because he struggles with it himself, and now that he's getting some help with it he started Low as his first attempt at having a "hopeful" story.

Which I think is relateable and well and good and all, but he really just needs to narrow his focus, I doubt he'll even end up finishing Low. I'm still gonna pick up Seven to Eternity though.

Fuck off, your taste is shit for not liking Tokyo Ghost.

I like him. His Uncanny X force and avengers were good.

tokyo ghost is only 10 issues. it's not that bad, i just find the villain really cringe inducing so that kills it for me.

i really like black science. pulpy manic-paced sci fi action