Wrinkle in time

why is there no thread about this? I think the casting is awful. makes me so sad to see ;(

youtube.com/watch?v=E4U3TeY2wtM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4d9AWUCpRr0
youtu.be/1Wgj8Uuze5s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you guys do give a shit about this don't you?

Chris Pine crying during the performance for "Glory" from Selma finally pays off

idk looks like it could be Kino.
I always fall for movies with trailers that have modern "epic" renditions of 80's songs, for some reason. I should stop falling for it.
Why the fuck is Oprah an actress now though?

youtube.com/watch?v=4d9AWUCpRr0

I just cant't stand that they're black washing half of the cast.

she's a producer actor

it's the second time she's done this in the past couple of years.

having read the books again a couple years ago, I realized they kind of suck.

> Disney

It's fucked. Disney won't allow it to be as strange and scary as it needs to be.

It's 2017 sweetie, do us all a favour and grow up

God damnit I feel ashamed for liking this cliche. I never realized it was this bad until I saw this video.

Is Idris Elba in this one, too?

>Black girl saves the day

Yeah no.

It's bad enough trying to accept white bitches in the hero role, let alone brown ones.

You just know Oprah is in there to support "muh stronk diverse black wymin"
Also
>Disney
What the fuck did you expect?

this is not the first Disney adaptation!

What a small, sad man you are.

He's not wrong though.

>that version of california dreamin

ABSOLUTELY FUCKING DISGUSTING

>The absolute state of Hollywood

>"what if we are here for a reason"
>dramatic sweet dreams remix

Fuck I meant to reply to

>when your movie casts are about promoting the current diverse american demographics but simultaneously you say white people aren't dying off

I think he's actually be okay as the gunslinger.

Not Mac Matthey as the man in black, tho. fuck that.

The correct term is "mud bathing"

we know because BBC is not a fad, it's FOREVER

good post

Didn't they already make this movie with the kid from The Ring?

Also are they implying the dad is in an interracial relationship? Blacks are going to hate that

>Why the fuck is Oprah an actress now though?

Oprah's been acting since The Color Purple.

what happens to the Oprah show while she's away acting?

>acting
youtu.be/1Wgj8Uuze5s

lot of n words in this one if I'm being honest

Truth hurts.

>10 years ago
>WHY AREN'T THERE MORE BROWN PEOPLE IN MOVIES REEEE
>haha sjws its just fiction!!!! it has to sell to demographics! calm down its just a movie!
>now
>WHY ARENT THERE PEOPLE WHO LOOK LIKE ME IN MOVIES REEE

Whites are objectively nicer to look at.

History proves their potential for heroism too (no racist).

There's a reason Chinese market prefers whitey.

is this the new Empire of the Sun music video?

>oprah
>mindy kaling
>chris pine as eye candy
>directed by ava duvernay

Could you name a more tumblr movie? I'm surprised Joss Whedon wasn't head writer.

>There's a reason Chinese market prefers whitey.
institutional racism started by Marco Polo

I can agree with your post except for

>objectively nicer to look at.
Greeks/Italians are the best looking race

mmmhmmm!

>Greeks/Italians are the best looking race

They are white (mostly)..

>sjws
that wasn't even a term 10 years ago

this guy fucks desu

youre so wrong it's outrageous.

Is that Oprah? IS THAT OPRAH?

Yeah, I think this is the problem. Something seems intrinsically wrong about this and I think it's because they're aping the Disney aesthetic which just doesn't gel with the material at all. It looks vaguely "weird" I guess but in the same way that a bunch of other movies like Alice in Wonderland and Tomorrowland do. At the end of the day it still looks like a big blockbuster Disney movie, it doesn't really even seem to be cohesive since it's copying so many other styles. The shitty Eurythmics cover and the fact that the main character has fewer lines than Oprah in the trailer don't give me good vibes either.

i'm black and i'm fine with it. you'd have to be an idiot to care about something so insignificant

I really enjoyed that book as a kid...Jews ruin everything. Get ready for Ghostbusters level asshurt when it flops: "You just can't handle a stronk black woman director!!!!"

a wrinkle in tomorrowland

I'm black and this was my favorite book as a kid, so I'm kind of excited, but it doesn't look that good.
And the Murray's being black means we'll never get a proper adaptation of A Swiftly Tilting Planet, that was my favorite one.

>Also are they implying the dad is in an interracial relationship? Blacks are going to hate that

It's Chris Pine.

Greeks/Italians are black.

Alice in Wonderland
Oz the Great and Powerful
Tomorrowland
The BFG

Ava DuVernay probably wasn't even a good pick for director. I haven't seen Selma, but it didn't look like a movie that was concerned with visual aesthetics. They only offered it to her because she was gonna do Black Panther and Disney loves to recycle talent.

Liked this series a lot as a kid. Figures something like this would happen.

Cry some more, snowflake.

you meant to use cracka

i saw a preview that was a cavalcade of stronk womynz and thought "well, they've fucked that up. back to fapping over webms from The Expanse, i guess."

no one's going to see it
Disney's next John Carter

I almost started angrily responding to your post, pointing out A Wrinke In Time's legacy and popularity, but John Carter was popular once too.
A lot of people have probably never even heard of A Wrinkle In Time, let alone read it. Anybody going to see this will just be going to support diversity.

Seems pretty standard YA bullshit, outsider, loner suddenly becomes the chosen one and has to save her father from the big bad wolf. Seems like the fantasy element of those stories is loose you can pretty much just swap it out with a different fantasy thing.

t.snownigger

What's the problem with "blackwashing" again? Seems like your main gripe with it is that it's pandering to the progressives, which is a dumb thing to be annoyed about, most movies are made with a specific audience in mind.

I think you're just annoyed because it's not pandering to you.

let me take something you love, and misconstrue it in order to make money. If you point out my changes and express disinterest because of them, it's because you're racist and have problems. See the issue?

Yeah, I just realized that I read those books when I was fucking SIX on the recommendation of my mother who adored the series, and she probably got her love of them from my grandmother.

I don't think there's an audience for this - especially because they've totally fucked themselves on casting. I know exactly what Meg and Charles look like; and I even remember the two brothers purely because of how phenomenal Many Waters was when I was reading it.

I don't understand why they would do this to a series that has, in all honesty, fallen out of popularity.

Wrinkle in Time is fucking weird. It's not high fantasy so much as high-concept science fiction.

>reading book 2 at the age of 8 and asking my mom what the fuck mitochondria was and she doesn't know because she writes tech manuals

>idk looks like it could be Kino.

Looks more like a high budget tv production.

Honestly you're kind of stupid for two reasons.
A. When it comes to the core of the character, their physical appearance, especially their race, most of the time isn't that important. You can describe characters like Luke Skywalker, James Bond and Hermione Granger without mentioning their race.
B. The thing you love still exists, adapting books for money isn't a new concept and you have to learn how to separate the two, the book and the movie like an adult would.

honestly, your posts read exactly like some shit from reddit, so how about you get back to it

>no arguments
>b-back to /reddit/ you reddior, i sure showed him right guys?

I barely remember reading this book when I was in middle school or something.

I do remember there not being any black people in the story.

Wasn't the book written by a black woman?

I hope from now on every movie that comes out has an all back cast. I love seeing you autists sperg out.

Oprah won a couple of national acting competitions in high school, dummy. She's always been good at it.

dis also FUK DRUMF AND FUK WHITE PEOPLE

Why change the race at all? No need to change anything you are just forcing diversity down the audiences throat.

weak bait,

Madeleine L'Engle

huh

This all comes down to the core issue, people seeing that as "forcing diversity".

Look it's the condescending bitch. Tie a chain around your throat faggot.

Why'd they cast someone so ugly for the main role? This will flop hard because of the casting, at least in international markets.

>blacks
>writing

Wtf is she, asian+black+white?

I would be just as annoyed if a black character was changed to white. It's annoying to just force crap that isn't necessary.

>Blacks

Dropped. 100% chance this movie will underpreform and be forgotten.

the 'asian' eyes can be caused by a number of semi-rare genetic disorders, she likely has one, while being only mulatto.

That's a big cross

>Why change the race at all?
Because like I said, race doesn't matter to the character's core so they can be any race. If the change bothers you, that means race IS important to you.

Don't get me wrong, I too get annoyed by the self-congratulatory nature of diversity in Hollywood. Disney pats themselves on the back for hiring a black lead despite the fact that they probably rejects dozens of scripts for black writers.

Is the race change necessary? No but if we agree that race doesn't matter, the change shouldn't annoy you.

>haha, look mom i totally showed him with that

you're not even getting a (You)

it's cultural appropriation.

what gives black people the right to take Madeline L'Engle's work away from her own culture?

I can never take that man seriously in a movie ever again.

He's like some kind of Self Appointed White Jesus Savior of Po Dumb Black Folk.

>Visionary Director Ava DeVurney

...Uh...wut?

She better hope diversity hiring is still a big thing in a couple of years, because this looks like a fucking disaster.

>Race doesn't matter

>Lead character is meant to be intelligent, brave and selfless

>Cast a black kid

...yeah...about that...

GTFO RACIST, RACE DOESNT MATTER, PLUS A BLACK PERSON IS 100X AS INTELLIGENT, BRAVE, AND SELFLESS THAN A WHITE PERSON

What, I read the book as a kid, what the fuck is this trailer? It has fuck all to do with the book. Is it some bullshit reimagining or something?

more like a wrinkle in my ballsack.

Kek, like clockwork.Triggered much?

exactly. I read the book in the fourth grade and don't recall the girl in the book being black. This SJW shit needs to stop.

Err, the OP of this post doesn't need to grow up, you just need to take that black dick out of your mouth and open your eyes, sweetie.