Other villains being scared of The Joker is the stupidest fucking thing in all of comics

Other villains being scared of The Joker is the stupidest fucking thing in all of comics.

Why not?

not as stupid as other villains teaming up with Joker

The problem is that they always try to make the Joker the most dangerous guy in the room. In reality, he should be the most unpredictable guy in the room.

Most villains have no reason to be afraid of him as a person, but it makes sense if they're nervous that he might try and pull some psychotic stunt.

>Joker the most dangerous guy in the room. In reality, he should be the most unpredictable guy in the room.
depending on who you talk to these can be the same thing

It depends on the Joker.
Joker that isn't played down to Earth SHOULD be scary.
Yeah his he's not a physical threat in his basic form but he manages to get his fingers on tons of stupid shit. So he's unpredictable, you don't know what he's bringing to the table. Maybe he just has a couple of canisters of laughing gas, maybe he has a experimental supersteroid that he's going to dope him and his henchmen with, maybe he's hiding the most powerful psychic in a box in the backroom.

that'd be anyone who chooses to work for The Joker

Why don't the villains just shoot the Joker repeatedly?

It makes perfect sense, even villains like Freeze, Penguin, Scarecrow and Bane have self preservation instincts. They'll fight to live and they won't create schemes that are more dangerous to them that to the rest.
The Joker doesn't have that, he doesn't give a fuck if he dies, it'd only make the joke funnier to him. That's reason to be afraid, not necessarily afraid of fighting him, just afraid of sharing the same space.

Why would they want to? It's not like the Joker steps on anyone's toes. He's not out to acquire any turf or muscle in on anyone's business because he wants money and power. His entire thing is fucking with Batman, which can really only benefits other criminals in Gotham. He's too much of a wild card for A-list like Lex to bother with. The guys that work for him are generally bottom barrel psychotics when it comes to mooks. The best thing to do is literally just let Joker do his thing until the insanity passes and the body count is tallied. Anything else isn't worth the effort.

honestly, killing the joker is a bad idea.
not just from a marketing and storytelling standpoint of eliminating this iconic nemesis.
We have a universe with a confirmed afterlife and literal demons and shit. Remember when that green lantern jackass became the embodiment of god's wrath?

You kill the joker, you run a real risk of him becoming a clown-themed Saint-of-Killers. which is a terrible idea.

Unless I was in a room that also featured Mephisto or Chemo or some shit that kills me on contact, the Joker is the guy I'd be most scared of.

Has any villain outside of some nobody ever been scared of Joker.

Stupidest thing is why the Joker would have henchmen. If i were a career criminal in Gotham, i would fucking move, but if i couldn't i could see henching for The Penguin. Maybe Two face. But the fucking Joker? One would have to not give a fuck about their well being

He just keeps coming back whenever he disaperes that alone is enough to make him terrifying.

There are millions of suckers who join the Army, I figure it's not hard to find a few thousand suckers who are also criminals to join the Joker

Yeah, this is true. Everytime the Joker seemingly dies, he always comes back. To a villain, they probably think that after seemingly killing the Joker, he'd still eventually come back for revenge.

Then there's also the fact that the Joker doesn't play by literally anyone's rules. He's more like a force of nature that just does what he wants. He usually plays no sides, and will only work with other villains if it benefits him. No one wants to be around something that's highly capricious and is chaotic. Imagine being Parasite and ticking off the Joker, and one day, he decides to go into Metropolis and fuck with him by overloading him with some sort of rare energy. That's why even supervillains are cautious with him. He can somehow get super rare shit that'd cost a fortune to get, and possibly fuck around with them with that shit.

>He just keeps coming back
Well that's because there is three of him, duh.

Demonic Joker?! What are you saying?This sounds like an awesome idea!

>Other villains being scared of The Joker is the stupidest fucking thing in all of comics.
> the stupidest fucking thing in all of comics

OP, do you even read comics?

It's not the coldblooded killer part that scares them, it's that insanity part: piss him off and that death will come with a side of tortures that are unimaginable to a sane mind.

During Endgame or something it's implied Penguin has lost millions because of Joker plans' aftermaths.
Any of the mobster villains should have killed him already, he's absolutely detrimental to their power. Superhumans and other Arkham residents can ignore/fear him but there really isn't any reason Black Mask or White Shark havent cut him to pieces.

No matter how retarded is why Batman has not killed the Joker,it's even more retarded why has nobody else killed him

He was in the process of strangling him to death and that faggot Gordon put a gun to his head and told him to stop.

Obviously he wanted him to rape joker not kill him

Are villains afraid of Carnage?

Army has the whole "join us and we'll make you an action movie hero" thing movies perpetuate.

How do you make someone join the Joker? I mean, I can see stupid mallgoth kids trying to join Joker's gang, but I can't see them being effective or intimidating enough to be a gang.

Probably. He is just a serial killer with a very powerful symbiote, thats pretty fucking scary.

Whoa, that's some sweet edges you got there, kiddo.

He writes glowing recommendations.

In honesty, working for the Joker probably shows that you are willing to follow any order and are a-ok with spending half your life in abject danger.

Its been done.

You mean in the DC world or just Gotham? Because in the world people just think that he is fucked up, but not everyone see him as a threat.

Now, Joker can basically affect any person on Gotham. He is the one who knows how to synthesize and mutate joker venom and has eyes all over town. He can blackmail anyone, it's impossible to discover where he is hiding and he can infiltrated anyplace.

The two most dangerous things about the Joker is that nobody knows anything about him and he knows everything about everything

>Joker never steped on other villains toes

Sup Forums really read comics guys!

>juri
user, do you even know what good taste is?

The Joker himself is the stupidest fucking thing in all of comics.

>That out of nowhere reference

We get it Luthor, you are smart, you see Operas

I'm of a mind that, basically, nobody fucks with anyone from Gotham if they can help it.

That in dealing with Batman, the surviving super villains have become these almost unassailable juggernauts.

... Like the Flash Rogues only way less cheerful.

Hey man maybe he just watched Seinfeld, you don't know.

Seeing as he doesn't give a shit about the moolah, you probably get mad pay, while penguin and two face take their cuts and leave you with only pocket change

>Riddler with casual question mark paints

Because Gotham is a shit place to live, has a huge unemployment rate and massive amounts of corruption. Batman took down all the sane crime families so now if you want some cash on the street you either help one of the crazies or you go hungry.

It's not hard to figure out.

Nobody on the Legion of Doom is afraid of him they just don't like his brand of crazy. Only nobodies and sidekicks are really afraid of him.

Wow what an edgelord.

Joker is one of those character where sometimes all you need to see is a single panel to know that the writer should not be allowed to write the Joker.

Why, because he doesn't cut off his face and doesn't go into speeches about anarchy?

I would say this is the most retarded edgelord shit ever but Jason Aaron did the exact same scene with the Kingpin except he threw in showing the guy photos of homeless people and crackheads gangraping his wife so I guess Aaron wins.

No because he's not funny.

>taking comics this serious

When? And how?

Right above you are two perfect examples of why your wrong. So go fuck yourself.

I like Joker, but DotF is really not a good example for a good Joker.

>army dumbass detected

>Villains are scared of The Joker
>The Joker is scared of the Internal Revenue Service

Does that make the IRS an even worse villain than The Joker?

Honest question, but why did they make the Joker gay for Batman?

Because they couldn't get away with it with all the Robins

do criminals present a crime CV when looking for jobs?

>just earned my Bachelor's in Henching
>head to henching capital of the world
>even with high turnover no one's hiring
>finally fixer gets me interview with a new up and coming villain
>turns out it's just the Joker with Groucho glasses on
>pay is sporadic
>survive a two whole fiscal quarters running with Joker
>trick is to watch Miss Harley to know when you should laugh at Joker's "jokes"
>eventually take a batarang to the head
>wake up in hospital with a scar on my temple
>find out Joker led Batman WWI biplane chase through Gotham
>cops showed up to a warehouse with unconscious men
>none of Joker's goons talk and neither do I
>Batman doesn't make a statement to police within 24 hours
>no charges filed and released
>Harley's in Arkham with Joker's M.I.A.
>update fixer and start buying rice in bulk
>phone call from fixer by end of day
>three offers from Penguin, Two-Face, and even Mr. Freeze
>apparently henching for the Joker is a rite of passage
>culls those who can't cut it in Gotham
>high chance of running into Batman to break your "bat cherry"
>other villains put up with Joker for steady supply of quality henchmen
>go with Penguin for the steady paycheck
>even get an advance in pay to get a fitted suit
>mostly chill at the Iceberg Lounge
>life is good

>>turns out it's just the Joker with Groucho glasses on

This seems accurate

keks, well done

Makes the Trickster afraid of him in Underworld Unleashed made a lot of sense, at least, as he would be afraid of him. Who else has canonically been shown to afraid of the Joker (sure as Hell not Lex, that's for sure)?

Isn't the Joker supposed to be unfunny about half the time? He thinks he's funny. But he's not always right about that. I'm pretty sure half of his jokes and antics are supposed to be lame from a comedy standpoint.

No one reads comics.

The problem with this is that a lot of villains' solution to an unpredictable guy who could betray them at any minute would be to just kill him.

He's crazy and super manipulative. All of his henchmen probably had a similar experience to Harley, just without the abusive romance angle. That and he picks up mostly mentally ill people who are already easy to lead around.

Everything about Detective Riddler was god tier

A truly ambitious henchmen has his cover letter ready at all times.

>>turns out it's just the Joker with Groucho glasses on
Is that you Dini?

Isn't the Joker's new origin that he's a murdering spirit?

Nah, a better example from Marvel would be pre-cloning Red Skull, someone who is utterly vile, nihlist, and devoid of any moral values that it's impossible to team up with him unless he suckers you into following him under the whole nazi/fascist thing (meanwhile other nazi and fascist villains wanted nothing to do with him).

This reminds me of that early Judge Dredd comic where bank robbers used a face-changing machine to turn into the Marx brothers.

It's not fear; it's Respect. They know they can't underestimate him.

People are afraid of the joker because hes completely unpredictable, and will 100% use people you love to try and get to you. If you have any living relatives, close friends, love interests, anyone at all that you even remotely care about, then you should fear what the joker will do to them. You can't watch them 24/7, he will create some kind of distraction, he will use smoke and mirrors to confuse you, and he will get to them to get to you, you simply can't protect them from him, and that can be terrifying.

Remember when one of Marvel's hack writers up and stole this joke in the most cringe-worthy way using Wolverine as the wildcard.

I actually really like it when Gotham villains interact with each other. Joker especially--I really don't care for him as a lone character, but he's so damn good for bouncing off of everyone else.

Which begs the question why dont the villains help batman or someone else to take out the joker? There are plenty of villains that hate joker more than batman, why dont they take him down together?

because the Joker also keeps Batman busy.

God Hush was so bad.
>Joker kills Robin
>Put him in Arkham
>Joker cripples Batgirl
>Have a laugh and put him in Arkham
>Joker kills guy I just met for the first time in 20 years
>Try to strangle him

Kek

I don't see the issue.

Problem is Joker is unreliable so you don't want him involved in your plan but if you don't invite Joker to the meeting and it's big enough for him to catch wind of, he'll be offended enough to try to kill you and fuck up your plan for not including him. To be honest it's a wonder why no villains haven't tried to outright off him.

I always thought the Joker should be smart and have contingents at near Batman levels. He should be able to create and engineer any tool Batman does albeit at a shoe string budget and he knows how to manipulate people or use their strengths against them. In that way other super criminals fear him the same way that other super heros respect Batman.

Which villains are afraid of Joker?

Reminder

>it's that insanity part: piss him off and that death will come with a side of tortures that are unimaginable to a sane mind

This is literally the dumbest thing ever. His only power is being an edgelord? What makes him more scary than some insane Asylum lunatic serial killer, the hype around Joker is ridiculous.

Just like how Batman can over come anything even though he has no superpowers because he's a symbol for the human spirit joker is a symbol for the bad side of humanity.

So basically they get bonus points for being humans. People like seeing "ordinary" humans overcoming impossible odds/defeating godlike characters.

The same reason cops or other thugs don't.
To keep DC selling sales of Joker stories still.

Why does he wear the mask?

The joker isn't the fucking boogeyman. He's a random asshole with psychopathic tendencies. You have as much to be scared of from him as you do some random thug on the street or random mass murderer or shooter.