2 > 1 > 3

2 > 1 > 3
Anyone else looking forward to 4 next year?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x9ZRjIiNzhM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Still milking the life of Ip Man,

Who's he gonna fight now? The Russians.

I'd watch that.

>Who's he gonna fight now?
Opium addiction? Might be a bit too dark for a series glorifying the guy though.

It's pretty hilarious that the commies glorify a man who was an officer in the nationalist army and fled to Hong Kong to escape Mao's shitty regime. Then every movie is about the evil British ruining peoples' businesses...where everyone wants to run to.

>192.168.0.1

They're making a fourth one? Surely after the last one where Mike Tyson showed up mid-movie for no reason to fight him they would have learned.

That fight was one of the highlights of the series and the only stand-out of the thrid movie. It's just a bit jarring because it wasn't explained why Tyson was willing to drop the whole conflict at that point when he previously didn't seem to care about fighting ip.
Though, as far as nonsense twists in chinese action films go, it wasn't that bad.

That shit would be banned in China so fast

it's a hong kong movie
they have always looked down on mainlanders and they especially hate the communist government

I'm just happy his wife isn't going to be in any more sequels.

*1 > 3 > 2

she was qt in 1. I never watched the sequels, what happened? Fan BingDingaLing is pretty professional, hard to see her fuck it up.

Im Man 3 was absolute garbage. What the fuck was the point of that Mike Tyson plot? That elevator fight was pretty great, though.

Not really, they get wose as the series go on

no
3 was one of the worst movies i've seen

2 was pretty good
1 was excellent

I'm always down to see more of my man Donnie Yen so yea I'm excited. I also practice Wing Chun so it's fun seeing it on the screen as well

there was like an hour long sideplot in 3 about her having cancer which was just awful

>practice Wing Chun
why?

Chinese/Hong Kong movies are pretty nationalistic and seeing the western colonialism as bad and they see yourself as strong men who need no western country

Same happend with Fearless, I watched the director's cut and there is a prologue with Michelle Yeoh having a conference about why wunshu should be an OLYMPIC sport in 08's China top fucking kek the fuck are this chinks thinking

Also Ip Man has a pretty mediocre prequel (The Legend Is Born - Ip Man) and a different sequel with Anthony Wong Chau-Sang as Ip Man (Ip Man: The Final Fight)

I'm just going to skip it and watch the kung fu scenes on youtube. the best parts of the movies

>youtube.com/watch?v=x9ZRjIiNzhM
kino

best scene of the series really

So how inacurrate are this movies? Did he even do anything like this IRL?

nigaa it's just a cool kung fu movie, it's largely inaccurate

Wong Fei Hung tier inaccurate. i.e. an historical figure whose exploits are completely fabricated for entertainment value

but to be fair, the entertainment value is very high

nah, even Yen as much saying it'd be a documentary if they were going for 100% accuracy.

I really think they nailed what an ip man movie should be like with 2. 1 was wierd, the plot after the invasion felt almost post-apocalyptic. 3 starts out great but completely loses focus in its second half.

Chinese killed more Japanese on screen every year than the entire war combined. You can be sure that anything with Nip in it is fictional

this