For the record I'm not american and wouldn't have had any exposure to that show without Sup Forums

for the record I'm not american and wouldn't have had any exposure to that show without Sup Forums
>horrible art style
>horrible animation
>horrible voice acting
>burp and butthole as a constant
>disjointed structure
two minutes in and I was already wondering why

pickle rick thats why

americans love it because muh references muh scifi crap muh cartoon with 'adult humour'

Good posts
Good thread
I'm glad none of us are tired of this yet

how are burps and braaap adult humor ?

rick = me

You're dense.

let's pretend none of this conversation happened and we're starting fresh

do you remember those early youtube videos ?
well you make them worse and that's why this TV show looks like to me. Even the sound mixing is similar.

>for the record I'm not american

Opinion immediately discarded. Enjoy shoving the Americock down your throat daily and living for the media we create you also ran subhuman garbage. It will never not be funny how much people who aren't American have America constantly on the brain.

it's not aired outside of america, I just watched it because of curiosity; although I recognize american influence as nefast to non jewish people around the world.

Exactly. Western cartoons have two demographics: eight-year old kids (average cartoon) and thirteen-year old boys (adult swim, etc.), and anyone who thinks otherwise is living in a world of delusion.

People can argue for the merits of Rick and Morty if they really want to, but they're watching something made for children who have barely reached puberty, and the arguments are completely unnecessary. There's (generally) nothing wrong with enjoying something made for children, but fans of this show need to be honest with themselves and stop pretending the show is something it's not. It's not a sci-fi epic. It's not intellectual. It's not highbrow. It's not clever. It's operating at the mental level of a thirteen year old boy, and it lacks something like the underlying existential dread that made Spongebob Squarepants universally appreciable. By playing the cynicism at the surface level and expecting that to be the draw, it betrays how juvenile it really is.

Saving this for my next contrarian copypasta. Thanks!

I never watched it because a girl I was trying to fuck really enjoyed it, and while I was trying to pick her up she bonded with another dude over their shared love of the show and I got left holding my dick in my hands.

So I hated the show, sight unseen.

Then I got bored and checked it out on Netflix and really enjoyed it.

Except for when Rick does hip hop/rap related shit. That's just embarassing.

>reddit spacing
>likes Rick and Morty
Yup, checks out.

dont watch it then faggot. whinging about it on Sup Forums is worse than liking any show someone else doesnt like

haha PICKLE RIIIIIIIIICK

we're all the same breh. america is just a place where more people live so it's bound to output more media and topics of discussion

rick and morty is great and if you don't like it then you're a straight up gaybo

biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Dis

But I've never been to reddit, and my post featured Sup Forums Formatting.

iiiiiiiiiitch

It's a little bit more complicated than just population, "breh", but giving the full explanation for America's global position means starting back in like the 16th century, so crack open a book if you really want to find out what makes America different.

BUT HE IS DRUNK IT DRUNK ON STAGE HAHAHHA LOL LMAO

no it goes back to the early 50's and Jean Monet trading American movies airing time in French theaters.

>It's a little bit more complicated than just population

i dont think so buddy

So why doesn't the rest of the world watch Indian or Chinese films in the same amount that people watch American movies?

because chinese and indians aren't white. white people have greater minds

By "population", I meant, "literal number of people living in the country", not the qualities of the population.

Too much cultural difference

So it's cultural differences? Not population?

Damn. Rly made me respond.

Have you figured out yet what the difference is between a contrarian and a person who utilizes their own faculties of reason to come to an understanding of their own opinion? I guess it's hard to tell the difference, since neither person will follow the kind of groupthink large-scale social tide that carries majority public opinion, but if you cared enough to honestly consider the opinions of others, I think you'd be capable of making the distinction. I understand that labeling and stereotyping people who are even slightly different from you is easier, though, and part of human nature, so I won't hold it against you if you choose to stay on your current course.

Okay all true but why do you think I don't know this? I see posts like this a million times a day, I've only ever seen fans say "but it's funny". How do you have the energy to care as much as you do? Aside from on reddit where are these fans who hold it so highly? I've never met one.

after about 1 and a half decades of adult swim, i've learned to not care about animation quality when it comes to wanting comedy.

The obsessive-compulsive, passive-aggressive nature of Rick and Morty posting suggests many Sup Forums posters suffer from a superiority complex and project their insecurities over
>not getting it
greatest symptom of it being the constant effort to associate Rick and Morty with the classic Reddit boogeyman (another separate manifestation of aforementioned complex). It is truly sad indeed how you brainlets with inflated egos believe to be above R&M. Alas, you will always be too low-IQ to even grasp the basic tenets of this classic of our time.

>haha my fart joke cartoon is miles smarter than anything on TV and probably gives the densest literature a run for it's money

What's your IQ? 120?

OP here, I'm mostly a lurker, have been on Sup Forums since 2005 and I don't have any kind of superiority complex when it comes to TV shows; unless it's breaking bad or lost.

Français détecté

>Reductio ad absurdum
Post discarded, brainlet.

Did you watch the same show? It absolutely has the existential nihilism and dread you talk about

>why do you think (fans of the show) don't know this?
The way they talk about it, the way they obsess over its minutiae.
>How do you have the energy to care as much as you do?
I can't say I care that much, it's just a television show, but this is a discussion board for television and OP seemed like he was frustrated and confused by people who enjoyed the show. I was just stating my opinion, specifically what frustrates me about the fandom. It's just something I noticed, and I know why it bothers me. And if the "but it's funny" answer was really satisfactory for the fans, then the fact that it bothers me wouldn't bother them.