If Marvel can somehow get the rights to the Skrulls...

If Marvel can somehow get the rights to the Skrulls, who else thinks a Secret Invasion movie would be fantastic given what's going on in the world today?

Except Marvel movies do not have the balls to reflect even a modicum of what's going on in the world today

Nope.
It'd be shit. Why is everyone so desperate to adapt shitty events?

I think James Gunn said the Skrulls are in the same place as Wanda and Quicksilver where both Fox and Marvel can use them.

Winter Soldier.

Secret Invasion is a great concept, but executed poorly because of the writer. Look at how EMH did it.

We just did hail hydra though
And this is coming from a secret invasion/Bendis avengers fan
I just don't think it's a good idea

Marvel does have the rights to the Skrulls. Just not Super Skrull.

This story is anti-semitic.

>what's going on in the world today
>today
It's been relevant for almost 80 years.

Yeah, well that's fine.

i think that'd be fantastic. although seeing as Inhumans was killed, I doubt they'd go for it. and seeing as they'd still need to get the rights to more of the x-men and to ff back, it's a little implausible. I'd love to see war of kings though if all of the pieces fell into place

my biggest hope with marvel studios is that we can eventually get an earth-x film; likely because i have a phd in philosophy. regardless, i really love the story

>it was all nazis in our ranks you guys
>no really we told them to give up and every last one of them stood up hands up

Thry have Chitauri, who are looking cooler anyway.

I hated Secret Invasion, just another generic hero vs hero story which has been done to death, even if they were secretly skrulls. Dark Reign was after that which was about Norman Osborn's rise to power which was 10x more interesting.

There hasn't been a good marvel game yet.

Secret Invasion is so bad the storytime of pain weekend didn't touch it

>Another Hero vs Hero story
>another quipfest
>another movie with no villain

oh joy

>Secret Invasion
>Hero vs Hero
What?

Because shitty events are all Marvel has

Yeah because it's not like the company existed for decades before it became inundated in shit events.

No. It's a shit event that was really a lead-in to another event.

Besides, Bendis already gets enough cash piggybacking events off of MCU buzz

And lastly, looking back on it now... SI has some pretty fucking xenophobic undertones

>They look like heros
>act like heros
>use the powers of heros

Just because they were skrulls in disguise, they weren't fighting in their skrull forms. A movie would look the same as Civil War.

What is with Marvel and the rights to their characters? It's so weird. For the longest time I thought they owned all that shit because they were the ones publishing it.

>>Marvel can't be bothered explaining everything that is terrible about the overbearing nature of PC culture as Skrull Justice Warriors.

Back in the 80s/90s, they sold the movie rights to a lot of their characters -- they didn't have a movie studio, so to them it was basically free money. They've gotten most of those rights back, but there are still some like FF, X-Men, and Spidey that are owned by other studios.

Marvel still owns those characters, but the rights to create movies with or featuring them are not theirs.

>an earth-x film
So we can hire dumpy actors to play superheroes who are old and retired? I don't know how much people would pay for that.

When the 90's Speculator Market burst, the only way Marvel could stay in the black was to sell the movie rights to their characters to several studios

And that's why you can't see characters like Super Skrull in MCU films because his powerset is intrinsically tied to the Fantastic Four, whose movie rights are owned by FOX

But literally everything you said right there is wrong.

> MOVIESMOVIESMOVIES

maybe you belong on Sup Forums with all the other people who think the endgame of culture is adaptation to 90 minute celluloid abortions

>Body snatchers is a new and relevant idea for today.