this is some good bait you've got here

>70% of the people who use daraprim get it for free
>Insurance companies pay for the rest
>The money made from this goes into researching a new version of this drug
Why do you hate based Shkreli, OP?

Shkreli literally did nothing wrong.

hope it happens

people like Martin Shkreli give me hope

I am a hermit wagecuck 26 year old that's good looking and well liked but very introverted and never parties. I pretty much work, save money, read books, and work out.

But in comparison to my friends who are still living with their parents making min wage, I'm like a god to them.

So I keep working until the day I have enough money to do something meaningful with it. I've already got a nice career, my own place, and a new promotion. Still no gf either but that would rek my savings so no.

Shkreli is that type of person and I can be like him.

someone redpill me on this guy? i never paid attention to what happened. there's a guy at work who never shuts the fuck up about him.

He drug was used by only a few hundred people in America.

Production of the drug would have ceased had he not purchased it.

He raised the price of the drug to like $75 or something like that, iirc.

literally who has died? name one person

$750*

basically reddit outrage at someone doing what the whole industry does

Around 2,000 people take his drug. Demand is low so supply goes up. In order to make revenue, he has to have his prices high. Supply and demand cannot work with sick people

wow, really makes me think. thanks!

Sorry, demand is low so prices go up**

This guy is on periscope, he's done a tonne of candid streams about dumb shit. Here's his youtube too:

youtube.com/channel/UC8gjB1PSXv_oAUSAQ16S0fA

He's one weird guy. It's difficult to pin him down based off the character he portrays in his streams, on one hand he can be really humble and smart but vindictive and mildly sadistic. He gets a tonne of troll calls during his streams and he really knows how to get into the heads of these callers, you can tell that his insults cut them deep.

He literally gives it to people who can't afford it for free

educate yourself retard

Based good guy being portrayed as a baddie by Big Pharma

He spiked the proce to over 750$, but that was only applicable to insurance companies

Uninsured people can buy the medicine for 1$

There's a bretty good Vice interview with him

Great, we agree on free healthcare for all

>>tonne
>>ton
Pick one and only one, leaf

You should be tried for treason. You are going against a nation and its people. You need to be brought to justice.

I DEMAND THE DEATH PENALTY FOR ID G1/euZdj

REPLY THIS POST IF HE IS TO BE GIVEN THE DEATH PENALTY

>Demand is low so supply goes up
You literally failed 1st grade economics.

I've grown to really like him. He's basically a professional troll but I do love how he appeared on semi-professional during his entire interview with that news site about Hillary's health, but then completely acted like a fucking dickhead when commenting about it later on Twitter. It shows he knows his audience. Truly an interesting man, definitely not the monster he's portrayed as

read the very first reply to that, he corrected himself

"demand is low so prices are high*"

kys senpai

Rather go down fighting than jumping on a leftist nationalist.

number generation just called you a giant piece of shit. I fucking love this place and i'll never leave.

Sigh

No, Dumb ass. The point of increasing the price of the drug was to fund research into other medicine, he only gave the drug to people for free if they couldn't afford the new price. Implementing ''''''free'''''' healthcare would lead to Healthcare providers inflating the price of pharmaceuticals, meaning the program would be even more expensive than the initial price of the universal healthcare program. If you want real healthcare reforms, make it legal to import off-brand medicines from outside of the united states. Pharmaceutical companies would then have to compete with far cheaper brands, causing healthcare and drug prices to plummet.

Yeah I fucked up that part. Actually graduated with an econometrics degree so that one hurt.

I don't care about him ripping off insurance companies.

Fact is, the guy a a scamming kike who ponzi'd investors of his failed business using investors' money from his new business. That's what he's going to the rapehouse for.

Yes, free trade is a necessity.

In the context of a free market, absolutely. But the second you start nationalizing / subsidizing shit, other countries are going to start screwing you over too, the same way pharmaceutical companies would in the context of not being able to import drugs from outside the country.

There are some people who can't grasp the notion of there being such a thing as the American Healthcare System. He's just operating inside that system to make a better drug. No one is being denied treatment. No one CAN'T afford it. He's just getting the money for R&D in the only way he can given the minuscule number of people who need this very old, very available drug.

I still don't know why people still hate this guy after the truth and evidence came out. It's got to be something psychological. Oh, or maybe his punchable face.

Investors are greedy kikes, too. If anything he's a modern Robin Hood.

I agree. Government should not subsidize any market. Once they put their claws into the market, it's no longer free. Let me choose what I want to purchase.

Except he's stealing from companies with stock in almost everyone's 401ks

As another semi-autistic rich person, Shkreli is literally my hero

If you can't afford tge drug he'll give it to you for free

Maybe that's too much to ask, considering they can't even choose a language...

I respect his troll quality. He was hilarious on Pardon My Take

youtu.be/HWd4-Z0xBos

Whole thing is great but my favorite part is about 20min in when that guy just rips into the nig

Didn't he, in turn, actually bring the prices down drastically?

>I bought the black culture, it's mine
Laugh every time

Why shouldn't it be defended?
He gets to set the rates of his product, government shouldn't interfere.

And guess what? A couple months after that, another company came out with a better version and sold it for cheaper than the original price. Would have been quicker if not for all the regulations. Free market capitalism.

The only indefensible thing he ever did was not releasing that Wu Tang album he bought.

How can the free market work for sick people? He sold the pill to 2,000 people. You can't make a profit with a customer base so small. The only choices are to raise the prices to make revenue, or stop making the pills.

Literally the only people he fucked over were the big jews at the insurance companies. Anyone who couldn't afford the medication was given it for free.

Wake the fuck up and stop parroting mainstream media narratives.

Because another company made an improved version and are selling it for cheaper. They only bothered because he raised the prices so high. Are you dense?

What?

That he won't release the Wu Tang album?

Yeah that kind of blows.

75 out of pocket 750 if covered by insurance, basically he was ripping off insurance companies

GUYS LITERALLY

I have a crush on him, I want him to humiliate my intelligence, while I be his pin-up 1950's trap boyfriend

these are all literally in response to my comments

what happens when it's no longer profitable to manufacture the pill?

It's profitable as is, and the original was profitable. Shkreli raised the prices because;
1. He was extra money for researching other stuff and
2. He needed to get back all the money he spent on aquirring the rights to the drug.

I'm happy Marty is a good guy. Isn't it possible no companies will produce a drug if it's not profitable?

How can a drug which can heal cancer be unprofitable? The demand would be above average no matter how expensive the drug is.
But assuming it's no longer profitable, they could stop manufacturing it.

He has a youtube channel, I suggest you watch some of his hangouts because you're wrong.

man this is ancient news. i like his tinychat recordings 2bh.

Well it didn't happen, and your hypotheticl scenario doesn't prove anything.

If we could destroy 2% of the nation's capital just to get some old fuck three additional days to live, wold we do it? Should we send the police to arrest anyone involved in recreative activity instead of actively finding a cure for some disease?
It may be hard for a cuck brain to process but there is literally nothing wrong with putting prices on people's health and not treating them if the price is too high.

Don't forget that his company, Turing, has a free drug program for people who can't afford medication. The money that he got from insurance companies for his newly acquired drug directly led to more poor people getting other drugs for free.

Let's say a person has a crazy disease. A company has a cure, but it costs $10,000 to produce. Ok, let's buy that. What if it cost $10,000,000 to make. Are insurance companies going to pay for that? If yes, insurance will hemorrhage. If no, the person will die. I like free markets, unless it comes to life.

I'm fine with your argument. It's consistent. I actually listened to a Freakonomics podcast where they entertained the idea of asking insurance companies to give a terminally ill patient $100,000 to forego treatment (which may cost the insurance company $1,000,000.)

Its fun to discuss our morality and the free market :)

>someone redpill me on this guy?
The found an exploit in the US medical billing laws and proceeded to flog the shit out of it for massive profits.

Instead of actually fixing the legislation, the legislators attempt to shame and harass him into dropping the price to pre-exploit levels.

The DoJ eventually find a technically he committed early in his career and locks him up.

But it already was profitable, so that isn't relevant. I already explained why he raised the cost.

Retards that don't understand Economics are mad at Shkreli, insurance companies are mad at him, why are you user? Insurance companies are fucking evil.

Its a shitpost you new fag retard

Just throwing out a "what if"

Marty seems like a good guy

ur a shitpost

>Let's say a person has a crazy disease. A company has a cure, but it costs $10,000 to produce.

No need to present a hypothetical. This is a typical situation in cancer treatment.