Could the modern generation win a war?

Could the modern generation win a war?

Other urls found in this thread:

msuweb.montclair.edu/~furrg/Vietnam/heinl.html
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1469999746028.webm
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1469914045645.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=O8EITu5ZYo8
cnn.com/videos/us/2016/02/27/nuclear-missile-icbm-test-orig-vstan-dlewis.cnn
law360.com/articles/823559/air-force-opens-bids-on-nuclear-missile-development-deals
youtube.com/watch?v=iWkRPs0smnE
armscontrol.org/factsheets/Nuclearweaponswhohaswhat
youtube.com/watch?v=SS1dO0JC2EE
youtube.com/watch?v=Xby2OgO1zsQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No. But we learned that in Vietnam.

msuweb.montclair.edu/~furrg/Vietnam/heinl.html

Against who?

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1469999746028.webm

Against cucked Europeans?
No doubt.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1469914045645.webm

No

>calling vietnam a war

top kep mate, top kek

The way of life wasn't threatened for the american boys in vietnam, it wasn't some looming threat like ebil nazies ready to strike at the USA itself.

Neither was Iraq or Afghanistan etc. If it had been like that, yeah the modern generation can win a war.

To clarify I only mean a war in which "normies", in this case millennials, would be drafted and expected to fight in combat.

>Iraq wasn't a war
tell that to the Iraqi military we decimated.

People today have grown soft but they can be trained. The larger issue is that modern warfare is no longer about uniforms and territory.

Are you implying both sides can lose?

no one wins a war

idk if you can win a nuclear war (the only kind of major conflict likely to ever happen between big powers) m80

they'd be fighting other millenials so someone would have to win

Watch apocalypse now. The whole of the Colonel Kurtz character was that he saw that ameneties and rotation out of the fight was destroying Americans' morale to fight, and their ability to crush the enemy, and that the war could have been won with a few thousand well trained soldiers dropped into the shit, not rotating back to peace. Our interconnection with the peacetime world changes our perspective of war. When war becomes routine, the soldier is more capable, lethal, and effective. The Kurtz character eventually descended into insanity, but it's an interesting theory that seems to hold water. Those guys shitting in holes in the jungle and desert, spending every waking moment tracking the enemy to kill, are much more effective, on a 1 to 1 morale ratio, than men rotating in and out of a cushy base camp with internet.

tl;dr harder soldiers fight harder wars, and modern ameneties do not make harder soldiers.

picture all those hipsters with beards from San Diego / San Fran fighting a war

KEK

Modern soldiers are considerably more effective than they were in the past.

Training methods have improved dramatically, making anyone a killer. Seriously, some of the shit that used to happen in WW1 would startle you. Two squads of soldiers from enemy countries walking past each other, trading insults, maybe throwing a few stones at each other, then continuing to their destination. It never enters their heads to attack them, it's just not something they thought of doing because society has trained them not to. That kind of shit is bad. It was a lot more aggressive in WW2, the major problem there was a persons unwillingness to shoot others. Something like %4 of the men actually aimed to kill the enemy.

Modern training methods have removed a lot of that shit. They claim their "aim to kill" numbers are in the high %90 percent during the gulf war. Soldiers instantly responding to the presence of an enemy, not just acting like angry football fans, but organising to attack or defend on sight.

The current generation would be the most effective force deployed. It wouldn't even be close.

The only way in which normies get up in arms is if the war suddenly came to their front door. You'd know who would fight and who would run when death is knocking.

But for now, as long as wars are fought in some distant desert land, it's patriotic fools who throw away their lives to keep this degeneration going.

Sad. The only people who willingly die for our soft society are the ones who would have kept it hard.

>slowclapping

Yay you can win against an inferior army with outdated equipment with the most modern shit deviced by mankind, good on you.

Have a cookie.

Now tell me, how is the counter insurgency going.

You see, their way of life is threatened (or they perceive it to be) so they are determined.

Unlike western boys.

It's not some great ideological crusade for our own freedom

If the military was given free reign to do what they wanted they would have millennials in fighting conditions. The military can institutionalize us to be tougher.

No one would go and fight...that would be racist.

We would be so fucked.

2 things you shill faggot.
1. The new generation has it harder, cause they have to live up to the old generations greatness
2. No war can be wo with current us politics interfering with military tactics. The use the military more as a diplomatic police force than they do war fighting.

/k/ Is on our side. Victory shall be ours

MODERN WARFARE

>You're on patrol

Enemy starts firing

>Find some cover!

Start firing back at enemy

>15 minutes later

Enemy starts to retreat

>Call in air support/artillery

Lucky if you get some kills

FORMERLY

>ENEMY STARTS FIRING

From behind cover you divide your platoon into 3 teams. The fire squad will advance on the enemy, while receiving covering fire from their flanks by the support squads. They will keep advancing together until they meet up and destroy the enemy at close range. 2 men will die. 10 enemy will be killed.

Just Because it's one sided doesn't make it less of a war.

This was a solid post, thank you

Trained soldiers I agree, but I think OP is talking about a war where there is a draft with little time to prepare.

The modern generation could and would win without a shadow of a doubt. However, with the bullshit restrictions of war, it's inevitably a much harder task. Anything that isn't considered humane isn't allowed, when your enemy are torturing anybody and everyone and you have to wait till the they shoot first, just proves that the politicians can't handle the reality that war isn't pleasant or soothing.

If you'd read the link you'd see that was a major part of it, the American public turning against what they believed to be little more than the violent oppression of farmers who posed no real threat.

>Intolerably clobbered and buffeted from without and within by social turbulence, pandemic drug addiction, race war, sedition, civilian scapegoatise, draftee recalcitrance and malevolence, barracks theft and common crime, unsupported in their travail by the general government, in Congress as well as the executive branch, distrusted, disliked, and often reviled by the public, the uniformed services today are places of agony for the loyal, silent professions who doggedly hang on and try to keep the ship afloat.

And the same perception displayed in draftees vs regulars

>"They have set up separate companies," writes an American soldier from Cu Chi, quoted in the New York Times, "for men who refuse to go into the field. Is no big thing to refuse to go. If a man is ordered to go to such and such a place he no longer goes through the hassle of refusing; he just packs his shit and goes to visit some buddies at another base camp. Operations have become incredibly ragtag. Many guys don't even put on their uniforms any more... The American garrison on the larger bases are virtually disarmed. The lifers have taken our weapons from us and put them under lock and key...There have also been quite a few frag incidents in the battalion."

Of course not.

We are mostly a cucked generation with no ruthlessness, no guts and no work ethic. People in Africa and the Middle East are comfortable with death, their children are comfortable around death, most people in the west freeze up when they hear a gun shot let alone have the guts to torture someone.

Russians and Asians would probably be okay with a war.

>all of the modern generation?
or just the competent ones?

SJW agenda has had some impact

Sherman was right that War is hell and that is fortunate because it prevents us from engaging it too lightly.
What I fear about drones is that there is no casulaty on our side and it slowly turns us into a society that lets the machines do our killing.

depends on who we're fighting

No shit genius. Way back when Loius XIV had "Last Argument of Kings" emblazoned on his cannons.

Nobody wins in a nuclear war. If that line gets crossed, all parties involved will be instant Africa-tier for at least 100 years.

Do you think the US even has working Nukes anymore?

we've already lost

youtube.com/watch?v=O8EITu5ZYo8

I kinda hope not, as long as there's people that don't get nuked to shit there's a chance for things to be better

>Sending Millennials to the front lines

We are fucked if this happens

I don't know, but assuming we don't I'm sure it wouldn't be a huge problem for us to make some.

Nukes are Tolstoys Gun on Stage. Personally my bet is on Iran and Pakistan trading nukes or something else silly.

We launch one...minus the warhead...every year just to show the still work. What are you? A fucking Abo?

That is a fantastic scene and something that actually occurred in real life. I imagine the Germans must have been absolutely shocked (although I imagine most of them were way too tired at that point in the battle to even notice).

It's already too late. Soon they will be politicians and destroy this country.

No.

cnn.com/videos/us/2016/02/27/nuclear-missile-icbm-test-orig-vstan-dlewis.cnn

It's much cheaper to pretend they work than to actually maintain the full arsenal with a collapsing economy m8, but you're probably right.

There are still men like Ronald Spiers in the US military, but you don't hear about them nearly as much as you hear about the new transgender ones, because Putinist shills like mocking us behind their vodka-soaked keyboards. But if you've ever been in the military, you will know there are some pretty insane people that murder every day and feel nothing. Remember that Spiers killed 20 POWs Like Winters said, you need people like that to win battles, you need the worst of humanity. I talked to a vet who had videos he recorded on his GoPro of his time in Iraq. The guy was a machine gunner on top of a Humvee and he fired upon a whole village of insurgents armed with AKs as they were fleeing and surrendering. The GoPro featured some pretty incredibly sick shit, like dismembered limbs and bodies all shot up by the M2, but the guy just laughed it off and joked that haji lost his will to fight along with his balls. He ended up getting a Purple Heart and some other decoration I forgot because he showed exceptional bravery or something like that when he cleared a whole room of insurgents with a couple grenades.

You won't hear about these people on the news, because liberal media vilifies them. But they're the ones that get the job done. I'm not saying the entire US military is like this, these people are actually much rarer than the average grunt. But they are hardened killing machines. Make no mistake, every effective army has these kinds of men.

We're not allowed to win wars anymore.

Gonna build more

law360.com/articles/823559/air-force-opens-bids-on-nuclear-missile-development-deals

It was a combination of shock and carefulness that they didn't shoot their comrades while Spiers was running through their lines. But they were on the retreat anyways. Spiers himself said he didn't remember doing anything like that, but he may have just been modest. Still incredibly brave.

Depends on the enemy and if we're in it for oil/arms contracts or in it to win.

Stop.

There are 2 sides in war: the people that wage it for profits and the people that fight. Learn what that means.

"The most amazing part wasnt him running to the other unit; It was him running back"
Also have a cry pol, never made it through this dry eyed:
youtube.com/watch?v=iWkRPs0smnE

friendly reminder that the current US military has the most experienced soldiers on the planet right now.

there is a reason we go raid some 3rd world shithole every 5-10 years.

training.

Sociopathy and narcissism are rampant in our generation, we're soft but I think after the first wave gets culled what you'll have left will probably be a batch of the most ruthless and cruel soldiers of all time.

>implying we'll ever have conventional war with the rise of technology

As long as the internet remains online, yes.

They couldn't fire a gun without crying.

Spiers was an incredibly interesting man to say the very least. I think it was modesty talking. In situations like that the brain tends to sometimes just act rather than think and I think Spiers was overcome with something beyond even his own control.

Fascinating.

Those guys were something else.

Yeah, im confident that I will be on the winning side during world war three. Lefties will undoubtably be thinned from the heard. Good riddance though.

If US economy can't maintain a nuclear arsenal anymore, it's likey it can't sustain the safe disarming of that arsenal.

Imagine that, silos and arsenals full of badly maintained warheads, leaking radioactive materials.

You better pray that you still have working nukes.

They're a state secret anyway, so keeping horrid dangers and spills secret is neither hard nor unusual.

Without nukes?
Yes.
With them?
Stalemate, every time.
There's a reason MAD exists.

>The way of life wasn't threatened for the american boys in vietnam, it wasn't some looming threat like ebil nazies ready to strike at the USA itself.

Fucking this. I wish all Euros were this based

Ha
Hahahahaha

What do you think?

>Literally an insignificant country filled to the brim with Muslims

>you can win against an inferior army with outdated equipment
Hey you want to know something? If we went to war with your non-country your statement would still apply.

Cool, are nukes even effective anymore? Like have countries developed counter-measures yet do you think?

The US has been developing those Aegis turrets to try and shoot hypersonic anti-ship missiles, China's been developing some sort of satellite long ranged missile system, what do you reckon they'd do with a few slow nukes launched high above the atmosphere?

It's actually pretty fucking funny because we'll get to witness the rise of the next empires/super powers, a lot of times they're not established powers but breakout unexpectedly.

>They will keep advancing together until they meet up and destroy the enemy at close range. 2 men will die. 10 enemy will be killed.
Casualties somehow look worse on the evening news than the reality that we spend millions of dollars in fuel and bombs to kill two hajis.
The (((modern))) man and woman can't handle the reality of warfare.

We should be careful, it didn't work too well for Italy.

The U.S has some 7k nukes, which I think 900 are prepared for launch at all times (I think this is accurate). Unless a system could knock out 900+ nukes at once, it's not very effective.

armscontrol.org/factsheets/Nuclearweaponswhohaswhat
Nope, approx 1500+ are ready for deployment at any given time.

>decimated

You seem to think this means utterly destroyed

So you're saying both sides would lose?

>an entire army of "I'd storm the beach but I have a shellfish allergy."
>China deploys gluten bombs
>US surrenders

hahaha

We ain't going upstairs anymore, fellas

This generation has had a lot of Spree Killers. Give a real reason (I.e. A Pearl Harbor or Lusitania), we'll fight.

You also understand this generation loves funs. The shooting club at my Uni is giant (then again, I do live in the south). Girls packing 9's, young open carriers.

I fear you underestimate humanity's capability to hate.

>Could the modern generation win a war?

Sure if people actually let the military do its own thing and politicians and hippies and shit fuck off things would get done pretty well.

The mission of the Marine Corps rifle squad is to locate, close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver and/ or repel enemy assault by fire and close combat.

No, we figured out in World War I that keeping soldiers in battle for too long fucks them up. You need to rotate them out or they turn into this.

youtube.com/watch?v=SS1dO0JC2EE

Bump

You don't know what you're talking about you have to maneuver to leave the killzone. None of these soldiers simply lay down and call in a spooky gunship

youtube.com/watch?v=Xby2OgO1zsQ

The longer a modern soldier is engaged in battle, the less he becomes willing to fight.

Real life isn't some xp grinding and leveling up shit.

>white men that have nothing to live for and no virgin waifus waiting back home
>not killing everything in sight and then raping the women and making waifus out of them
I think we'd be alright.

We'd be reasonably competent defensively. Offensively forget about it. Gen ys are faggots. Plus who would want to fight for a country that goes hell for leather to sell you out.

On the US side you have a random millenial
>Has panic attacks often
>Suffers severe anxiety if he doesn't check his social networks several times a day
>Can't get through the day without several Starbucks
>Has liberal ideals all around
>Keeps bitching about trivial stuff
On the Russian side you have Ivan
>This guy regularly gets into fights or dangerous situations just for fun
>Has no value for his personal safety, his hobby is climbing tall structures and squat at the top of them
>Highly nationalistic
>At the end of the day he really gives no fucks

Granted, US has a great technological advantage, which can be somewhat offset by China being friends with Russia

Hols shit relax G.I. Joe!! The whole 'I know a guy" scenario filled in with your grand delusions is a tad bit old m8

Of course, War makes men

Yes, but, we're not allowed to. We're better equipped, better trained, and have a better logistic chain than ever before. But, the politicians won't allow total war, nor do they deploy troops "for the duration".

I guarantee if IRQ/AFG had been given over to a single commander and was told, "Do what you gotta do, but no one comes home until this shit is cleaned up" it would have been settled in six months. We don't fight total wars of attrition anymore.

To all the dudes I here who say we couldn't win a war. m8eys milenails are already going on shooting sprees over pussy. U think we will hesitate when it's life or death.

This.

We need a war to unleash the lions inside of us.

Men are meant to fight and struggle.

topkek chile
considering the US military budget is twice the chilean gdp you can't really say anything

I fucking love Spears

That would be relevant if i made an scenario relating Chile, read the post and try again

291. In the letter On Injustice can come the ridiculousness of the law that the elder gets all. "My friend, you were born on this side of the mountain, it is therefore just that your elder brother gets everything."

"Why do you kill me"?

292. He lives on the other side of the water.

293. "Why do you kill me? What! do you not live on the other side of the water? If you lived on this side, my friend, I should be an assassin, and it would be unjust to slay you in this manner. But since you live on the other side, I am a hero, and it is just."

War is absurd and only idiots or tyrants think otherwise.

nah, that's the point
you don't know things because you're irrelevant

american military aren't typical millenials
those guys get filtered out or go in the navy

also china's 'military' is mostly indoctrination/marching and outdated equipment

You're right this is the american military

Absolutely. The only people who shit on the younger generation are people who don't have anything going for them. Millennials are no more spoiled than gen x or baby boomers (probably less spoiled than baby boomers). It's just something that every older generation says to younger generations, often without merit.

You can bitch about today's sjws, and yes they're a cancer, but the baby boomers had everything in the left during the 60s and 70s. Baby boomers and gen x never really had a war like the greatest generation, and we probably won't either. So yes, if needed, the modern generation could win a war, the military hasn't really softened like you probably think.

>huge weapons advantage
>lots of rednecks willing to fight
>ghetto blacks and hispanics that would go just to kill people
>large male underclass of neets, low status males, and midlife crisisers looking for an escape and meaning
have some hope
thats the spirit!